Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it possible to use a cable that plugs the DX6i directly into the computer and still run RealFlight? If yes, do any of you know where I can buy such a cable?

Thanks,
JP
jprebb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no realflight will not run without the interlink plugged in, you have to run the dx6i through the interlink controller.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #23 (permalink)

For what's its worth I have realflight G3.5 & 4 ........Reflex XTR .........and Phoenix .............

I have flown all with the DX6I ...................

The Blade 400 3D in Phoenix is the closest i get to flying the real thing ......I know that sounds kind of obvious but they don't always do what the box says..............

If you have the cash and want a true sim .................Phoenix is the one

Only my opinion .......no offence meant
Dazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having trouble with set up. I have followed these instructions twice with same result. after I am finished the heli will throttle up but never get off the ground. and I can't reset with space bar or reset button on sims controler

"Just needed to read the instructions"
dwoodworker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
For what's its worth I have realflight G3.5 & 4 ........Reflex XTR .........and Phoenix .............

I have flown all with the DX6I ...................

The Blade 400 3D in Phoenix is the closest i get to flying the real thing ......I know that sounds kind of obvious but they don't always do what the box says..............

If you have the cash and want a true sim .................Phoenix is the one

Only my opinion .......no offence meant

+1 I've had or have FSOne, Reflex, G4, and Phoenix. Phoenix is my fav.
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 08:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodworker View Post
I am having trouble with set up. I have followed these instructions twice with same result. after I am finished the heli will throttle up but never get off the ground. and I can't reset with space bar or reset button on sims controler
So if throttle in the sim matches the throttle that you are giving on your stick, you need to fix your pitch curve. If you zoom into the model, do you see pitch adjusting when throttle kill switch is on?

If you edit the model, you should be able to see the values change as you move your tx sticks.

widower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

Found the web page that I used to set mine in G4 .worked first time

http://ironcreek.net/dx6i/
Dazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone tried it with a DX7? I have Real Flight 3.5.

Thanks.

Roger.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the same pitch curves as the instructions plus can't reset with space bar or reset switch on realflight tx

"Just needed to read the instructions"
dwoodworker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the info, I have G3 and It's working well except for when I hit Idel up the heli just goes vertical uncontrolably, any suggestions as to how to fix that would be appreciated
Jaysanity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ov10mech View Post
Thanks so much for this. Got everything working in the Heli in G4 except stunt mode is ALWAYS on. Cant figure out how to turn it off. Also, an annoying beep keeps coming from the DX6i. As far as the guy wanting to know a model close to the Blade 400 try the Mini Titan in Expansion Pack 4.. If anyone has a closer model let me know. I would be willing to pay for a very close model.
the beep could be becuase the radio is turned on. In phoenix when you plug in the adapter it powers up the transmitter. i am not sure if that sim is the same
scrman2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #32 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I found a B400 on the RealFlight website that seems pretty close IMO. I would really like to know if anyone has downloaded and tried? What is everyone's opinion? It is in the free download area.

I also needed to change numerous channel mapping configurations from the link in this thread. I am using G4.5 with the lastest updates.

Everything seems to work correctly in Normal mode anyway. I have not tried any stunt mode checks.
helibrew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

Default sim

I'm trying to decide the best sim to get. Also hidden agenda here trying to get enough posts so i can pm people but if someone wants to advise me i'd be greatful. my local hobby store is trying to sell me a brand that i cant even find any info on. torn between realflight and phoenix
Joemedic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX6i with RealFlight 3.5

Cudo's int2str . Been wanting to use my DX6i transmitter with the used "RF 3.5" I purchased. Found your post in the B400 Bible. Followed your steps and am now on a learning curve using my DX6i. Feels good to train on the TX used for actual fly sessions.
hookkr400 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the guide it worked great. For those who have been having problems-check your cable it might be causing it-that why it didn't work for me initially.
umatac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did everything step by step but I can't get it to work. It's like real flight doesn't see my TX only the one that came with realflight. I'm using real flight 5.5 does that make a difference???
Sniperp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 12:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default frustrating

so ive gotten with these settings you provided to where i can actually spool up and with some tinkering around i am able to use the "o" key to toggle fm and fly around in both modes. but im still frustrated and having a few problems with my dx6i and rf7.

i noticed a few things varied in rf7 from your tutorial for the older version, for instance the language in the controller setup referring to roll pitch yaw instead of elevator aileron ect. easy enough to translate but also there is no "knob" or "3 toggle" switch option in the channel menu. not trying to critique just couldnt find another setup page and was wondering if im missing something or if im suppose to have to use the "o" and "i" buttons to activate these channels. it seems kinda strange to not be able to switch into idle up from the controller.

2nd question about setup when i pull up any heli i cannot find the radio type in any options just a pull down menu for software radio. is this just a feature they removed in rf7 or is there another place to access these settings?

thanks for the guide op hopefuly someone can help me im better at stunting in real life then the sim lol

and my last question is if and how can i adjust the pitch sensitivity i know that these are big powerful helis that im not used to flying, but to me the level of pitch seems almost physically impossible. for one ive seen my friend fly his trex 450 plenty ive flow 300x no problem and there is not nearly as much up and down. i feel that its so sensative i cant move it little enough and it makes taking off/landing, circuits and a stable hover nearly impossible. would i adjust this in the controller settings or in the simulater? so far ive tried lowering the throttle tried and also adjusting the pitch travel nothing seems to be getting me anywhere not even a slight change in the performance.
eyegobydye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyegobydye View Post
so ive gotten with these settings you provided to where i can actually spool up and with some tinkering around i am able to use the "o" key to toggle fm and fly around in both modes. but im still frustrated and having a few problems with my dx6i and rf7.

i noticed a few things varied in rf7 from your tutorial for the older version, for instance the language in the controller setup referring to roll pitch yaw instead of elevator aileron ect. easy enough to translate but also there is no "knob" or "3 toggle" switch option in the channel menu. not trying to critique just couldnt find another setup page and was wondering if im missing something or if im suppose to have to use the "o" and "i" buttons to activate these channels. it seems kinda strange to not be able to switch into idle up from the controller.

2nd question about setup when i pull up any heli i cannot find the radio type in any options just a pull down menu for software radio. is this just a feature they removed in rf7 or is there another place to access these settings?

thanks for the guide op hopefuly someone can help me im better at stunting in real life then the sim lol

and my last question is if and how can i adjust the pitch sensitivity i know that these are big powerful helis that im not used to flying, but to me the level of pitch seems almost physically impossible. for one ive seen my friend fly his trex 450 plenty ive flow 300x no problem and there is not nearly as much up and down. i feel that its so sensative i cant move it little enough and it makes taking off/landing, circuits and a stable hover nearly impossible. would i adjust this in the controller settings or in the simulater? so far ive tried lowering the throttle tried and also adjusting the pitch travel nothing seems to be getting me anywhere not even a slight change in the performance.

I'm having the same issues with RF7 and the Dx6i. Does anyone have setup guide for version 7?

Thanks
PhxFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in