Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ticking noise?

my new yellow Super Bee fly's great. everything in it is brand new right down to the last zip tie, lol. from day one... it has had this ticking noise that i cant figure out? it was a little louder yesterday then i have noticed before and the heli has only 5 flights on it. i have oiled the main bearings, swashplate, and put a tiny drop on the cp3 super motor bearings then let it sit for a day. i have checked it completely over, and over... there is nothing obvious that i can find?
it almost sounds like an electrical type of tick, but that isnt possible since there are no solder joints except for the tail motor. could this new motor maybe have a bad bearing in it? it fly's like there is nothing wrong with it, but it sounds different than the other two. i definitely dont want to take chances with this one.
it isnt there in low idle on the ground... mainly when it is in the air at higher rpm's.
any ideas?
spoonerrw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My guess would be main gear or further up the head, rather than the motor. The motor spins far too fast to "tick"; each rev is a fraction of a second!

You can isolate whether it is main or tail, by disconnecting one then the other and spinning them sup to see what the effect is.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

that is a good point Luke... the cp3 super motor would be way to high of rpm for what i am hearing. the main gear is new and has all its teeth, so that leaves me working my way from the bottom main bearing up. i will test the tail motor first, like you suggested, and eliminate that from the list. i dread tearing in to these shaft/rotor head assemblies, but it could be worse and goes with the hobby .
thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 03:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a weird "ticking" sound on a 450 heli once and it took me ages to track it down.

It turned out that one of the wires on the ESC had a little paper label on it. It was some sort of QC tag that I would normally remove, but in this case, for some reason, I just didn't. Normally, this was well out of the way of any moving parts, but in the down-draught from the blades, it bent down and just caught the main gear intermitently. It was only when I noticed the very tip of this little label was starting to wear, that I twigged to what was happening!
Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yeah, i have read posts where a label actually caused a crash by coming off and getting jammed between the gear and pinion. mine is all clear. i also checked the tail motor, which is fine. i found nothing visibly wrong, so it comes down to the bearing in the swashplate or one of the main bearings. here is the weird part... if it is facing you nose in, you can barely hear it. if it is facing you tail in, it is pretty loud? this is with the canopy off too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in