Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Reflex Flight Sim

Reflex Flight Sim Reflex Simulator Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglennster View Post
OK here's the files for the New look Nitro Pro all credit goes to AJK & devindh for the work on these models I've just reskinned this for the proper Nitro look.

The Helifreak limit wont allow anything over 2MB so I've had to host the files on my webspace. Download em from here.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.r...Rex%20600N.MOD

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.r...Rex%20600N.par

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.r...Rex%20600N.bmp

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.royds/t600n.wav

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.royds/t600n_.wav

I put them in a folder called Align off the Heli folder in reflex so you may have to change this in the par file if you use something different.

I've tweaked both the canopy skin and also the anodising to proper looking bling.

Unfortunately the canopy is still matt though I cant find a way of making it shiny like any other models. I have had this problem on all of these 600 there must be a reason. If you guys can shed any light on the matter :wink: please have a go.

I'm going to re install RMK and try get a stable setup and hopefully try and make a fresh canopy as the Nitro is really a different shape.

Cheers
Glenn
Cheers for the really cool model! It flys great!!
heliguychris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 06:50 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey no problem Chris glad you liked it.

I'm going to do a few tweaks on the other versions and bling em up a bit. I managed to get hold of a better wav sound file for the electric versions that gives the blades a bit more "thwap" so hopefully in a few days time more birds to add to your fleet.

Who needs the real thing when you have AJK's models to play with.

Laters
Glenn
Hirobo Quark & a few PLANKZ, Extra 260, Akromaster...
Yamaha YZF-R1

Last edited by theglennster; 12-08-2007 at 08:00 AM..
theglennster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice, Glenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theglennster View Post

Unfortunately the canopy is still matt though I cant find a way of making it shiny like any other models. I have had this problem on all of these 600 there must be a reason. If you guys can shed any light on the matter :wink: please have a go.
Maybe it must be shine like this. PM me your email, i'll give it to you if you want or may be upload to your web.
Do a fix to tank shape like original one.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	t600white_glare.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	32294   Click image for larger version

Name:	t600white_glare_.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	32295  
devindh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Going off on a slight tangent does anyone have a 3ds max compatible file of the trex 450 or 600 that i can play around in 3ds max 2008 with?
I dont want redesign a sim model just do some cool logo/sig images for myself (or the donator of the model as a favour)
Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz
Old 12-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
.......just do some cool logo/sig images for myself (or the donator of the model as a favour)
AFAIK, the reflex sim model cant be imported in 3ds, and if you want to re-skining, just use RMK. Add new image first, then import the MOD files, see tutorial in English here, http://rcaddict.rchomepage.com/Ken_Myers_RMK/
Old 12-07-2007, 11:54 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Jackal I wish I could use Max to edit these models then I would be laughing. I use it for my job but alas for XTR you are stuck using RMK editor

Hi Devindh I don't know why but the highlight function wont work with AJK's model canopies. I can get it to work with other models though so thats why I'm a bit frustrated. This is how I have been doing it so please correct me if I am going wrong.

1. Select any surface of the canopy in RMK this will then give you the correct colour number you need to adjust.
2. Go to the colour number tab and adjust the specular highlights, the first column is red then green then blue the last button is to adjust all at the same time.

That should be it but it wont wont for me on these 600 models.

Another thing do you know what the material number is for ?

I hate RMK I can just re-skin things in it other than that it crashes

Thanks
Glenn
Yamaha YZF-R1
Old 12-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your step is right, Glenn.

After that, try using material number from 1, first. This number will give you a BIG "slow dissapear" glare effect (move the model with specular in min like 1,1,1)

Then u can test using material number "200" with specular in max (10,10,10). The glare in there but with max number of specular highlight, the visual of "200" material make it so fast to see and dissapear.

And last, white AJK's canopy make the shine of glare thought to see. You can give a little number of canopy surface color there (not white 255,255,255).

Cheers.

Edit; maybe the surface is very flat, and make the glare/shine so bad.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	32302  
Old 12-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #68 (permalink)
AJK
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hiya guy's, I'm back from bonnie Scotland and it's not been raining up there this week but god it's been cold and no way was i gonna wear a kilt and freeze me u know whats!! I also forgot to take my reflex interface dongle so there was no flying either " major gutted i was". Looks like youve been busy glen with the model, and just to let you know that i can adjust the specular of your model no probs to give it a sheen so it must be something to do with your version of rmk.
I also think that it has a lot to do with the type of images you load onto the model as a canopy, if you look close at the origional images of some model canopies the photo's were taken in differing light conditions and you can see glare of surroundings that help to give the sheen effect.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:56 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking White Version

Thanks for the info Devin but I'm still not getting any success Ive tried all sorts of things but the function will not work the only way I can get it to shine is if I make the canopy very slighly transparent then it will work

Alan welcome back to freezing cold England, its sleeting down outside at the moment winter is here for sure.

The reflection thing has me baffled basically I know what you mean about the reflections in the images as I've been cleaning up the surface images so all the colours match, if you look at your white 600 it has a dirty kind of appearance due to the original photographs lighting I have cleaned them up so they are DAZ brilliant white but for some reason the specular highlight function now refuses to work. It may be my copy of RMK has a bug in it I'm slowly losing patience with it.

Anyway here's is my latest decoration job the white version I've blinged up with the Align anodized metal parts if you have chance have a look and see if you can get the reflection on the canopy to work. Note I've also added my new wav sound file I think you will like the added blade noise

Here are the files to download it if any other Freaks wanna bash at it. Again all credit to AJK (and Devin) for these birds

Use rightclick save as to download them.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.royds/T-Rex 600 With White Canopy.MOD

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.royds/T-Rex 600 With White Canopy.PAR

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.royds/T-rex 600.wav

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/glenn.royds/T-Rex 600_.wav

Cheers
Glenn
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	White 600.jpg
Views:	3017
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	32363  
Yamaha YZF-R1
Old 12-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #70 (permalink)
AJK
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Nice work again glenn, i love the audio file, totally spot on!!!
Old 12-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Sound File For 600e

The best I have heard on Reflex. Now if you could do one for the 600 nitro you would make us all happy. This wav is the best..... anywhere...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in