Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Dragonus

Dragonus Dragonus Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vibration at lift off!

I finally spun up the dragonus today to try and trim it out. When I get it off the ground, the skids start to vibrate and shake real bad. Other than that it was all great. Tracking is good and it floats, to a degree. It just vibrates as soon as I climb into a hover. Any Suggestions? I am at a loss. Everything is smooth until liftoff and a hover is acheived. Blades are balanced. Anything?
Superbike1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anybody?
Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

do you have a different set of blades to try? does the vibrations stop at any point?
marty_one is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Watch the center of the head block during spool up or spool down... see if it's wobbling in a little circle instead of being perfectly true...
Old 01-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 on the wobbly plastic headblock as JPC has eluded to above.
Do yourself a favor and get the aluminum upgrade headblock it is well worth it.
The aluminum swashplate is another great and well worth it upgrade.
DT
DeadTom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the aluminum headblock as well but it seems like it doesn't want to sit true on the main shaft. I've tried to get as straight as I could but it's still got a little wobble. Vibe goes away once it's up to speed. Anyone else have this prob w/ the aluminum headblock? If so
got any tricks to get it on alittle straighter? Sorry for the hijack on your thread!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Try doing up the jesus bolt on the headblock a bit tighter? I had this once where the ally head block seemed a tad loose on the shaft - if you strip the head right down to the head block you may be able to wobble it yourself. I thought it was tight enough but clearly it wasnt so I closed my eyes and put another half turn on the jesus bolt and hey presto true as a die.

It's now been running fine for about 6 months after tweaking that bolt.

Butuz
Butuz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Smile

I turned my throttle curve up a little and that fixed the vibration. I actually hovered it and tuned it today for a few minutes but now it oscilates in a 6 foot circle and I find I am try to hold it still and correcting continuously. I think it is still turning too slow. I have a 3500kv motor on it and I didn't want to over power the plastic head at full power. I had my original throttle curve at 55 percent and then I turned it up to 65 percent. It hovers nice and smooth except for the osscillation. I am not sure what the head speed is or what it can be on 3500kv 13 tooth 11.1v ,and I am just trying to get it to hover well and do some scale type flying around. Thanks for all the help and ideas from everyone. I think I will get t set up a little better in regards to weight distribution and then I am going to go flybarless with a sk360 or the likes.
Dean
Old 01-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
Try doing up the jesus bolt on the headblock a bit tighter? I had this once where the ally head block seemed a tad loose on the shaft - if you strip the head right down to the head block you may be able to wobble it yourself. I thought it was tight enough but clearly it wasnt so I closed my eyes and put another half turn on the jesus bolt and hey presto true as a die.

It's now been running fine for about 6 months after tweaking that bolt.

Butuz
Thanks Butuz! I'll try that.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbike1 View Post
I turned my throttle curve up a little and that fixed the vibration. I actually hovered it and tuned it today for a few minutes but now it oscilates in a 6 foot circle and I find I am try to hold it still and correcting continuously. I think it is still turning too slow. I have a 3500kv motor on it and I didn't want to over power the plastic head at full power. I had my original throttle curve at 55 percent and then I turned it up to 65 percent. It hovers nice and smooth except for the osscillation. I am not sure what the head speed is or what it can be on 3500kv 13 tooth 11.1v ,and I am just trying to get it to hover well and do some scale type flying around. Thanks for all the help and ideas from everyone. I think I will get t set up a little better in regards to weight distribution and then I am going to go flybarless with a sk360 or the likes.
Dean
Are you in normal mode or in idle up? I would kick up your throttle curves even more or pick up a tooth on the pinion. If you are chasing it in idle up like you are saying then I would get the headspeed up a little more until it will hover nicely with out too much input.
DT
DeadTom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in