Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Officially a HeliFreak now

Enjoy HeliFreaks. It's all your fault anyway
NAXAKSTA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

There is only one thing missing here.... Oh yeah, when do you intend to finally give into the addiction and buy another six more heli's?

Great flying, your doing great.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like it's time for a 'come to Jesus',(Jack), meeting. We will have a special hot-seat waiting for you at the next heli-Holic's meeting!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah I am getting it bad. The Belt is only an introduction into the madness. I know you will all help me with the next purchase.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Cough NITRO, Cough....

Tehe, a realm not even the Legendary Jack will play in.

You know, watching your videos made me realize how small the damn 450 really is. Man if I end up with one of those again I'm gonna PUNISH that sucker.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really try never to say never but I really don't like the idea of all that tuning and cleaning. Electrics are nice and neat, and don't smoke. But ya never know. This disease is terminal.

May seem small to you now but it still looks pretty big on my table. Any bigger and the wife won't let me bring them in the house.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I've had like 12 of them. They use to feel huge, than I got a 500 and that thing felt enormous. Got my 600 and well, everything now looks tiny.

To be perfectly honest I don't find nitro dirty at all, and mine sat on the ground for 8 minutes with smoke blistering across it awhile rich the entire time. I was really thinking "that thing is gonna be slimy". But it really wasn't.

But ah, turning a screw one or two twists when ever you fly in a new region or when the seasons or weather changes quiet significantly (IE, one day it's like 40C out and dry and the next day -1C and wet and humid) doesn't bother me when I can get 8-12 minutes of consistent power. Where an electric has a huge bang off the bat and than dies more and more as you fly.

Get use to hovering your belt around, than make the jump to a nice 500 and you're flying will improve drastically and quickly. If you can afford it, make the jump straight to a 600 and skip the 500 and your flying will improve even faster. And when I say "afford" I mean repairing them. Buying them is nothing, any chump can buy a heli, takes either skill or money to maintain it's flying "status".
Old 05-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

AIR IS YOUR FRIEND! Get it up there bud, it will get rid of any ground effect and give you a safety buffer for errors while learning rientation etc. Great flying otherwise, top stuff.
evlknvl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's the honest truth there! Keeping them air worthy is where the real expense comes in. A 250 can be as littlemas $10 to fix, my Avant, well, that's about the same as buying a whole new 500 kit!
Bigger is better when it comes down to stability and control. There is no substitute. And, you're right, there is no end to this hell we call a hobby. Even in the face of financial ruin you will find a way to feed your addiction!
Ja k has it all figured out, the sly fox, keep it all hidden and under lock and key so she can't see it. If she bitches about how much you spend, guessing of course as you are deffimately to smart to allow her to really know, just tell her it's cheaper than a girlfriend.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomstoy2 View Post
just tell her it's cheaper than a girlfriend.
I don't know about that Tom, mine were always cheaper than a set of 250 blades...
Old 05-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeah, hey, I overheard my wife talking to a girlfriend the other day. I had just come home from a flying session with one foamie busted into 5 pieces, a belt with the head busted down to the holders and t-rex with slightly bent flybar and bent tail boom. not bad I thought !!
She said "well he seems to enjoy it, and it seems like a healthy hobby, as he is not at the pub smoking and drinking, and so must be cheaper !! " endquote .
just depends how well you can intercept the postman !!
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 02:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo View Post
takes either skill or money to maintain it's flying "status".
You best keep up your skills then 'cause you're broke.

3 Belt CPs: Used, all plastic V1; New CF and CNC V1; Used CF and CNC V2
Futaba 7C Tx and Rxs
ShowtimeBIA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice job Naxaksta, Feels good to get it in the air doesn't it.

3 Belt CPs: Used, all plastic V1; New CF and CNC V1; Used CF and CNC V2
Futaba 7C Tx and Rxs
ShowtimeBIA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 02:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice progresss, Nax. And thanks for the vids. Your girlfriend sounds cute btw, lol.

Oh and careful with the flying at the parking lot. I wouldn´t spool up so close to parked cars.

RC Heli Lounge on Discord : https://discord.gg/92HmhxWK
Tjomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeBIA View Post
You best keep up your skills then 'cause you're broke.

Shhhh exnay on the brokenay.

I'm loaded with money, what you say'in? I'm so loaded with cash right now I can ride my bike down to the convenience store about 16km away and buy a whole freaking stick of gum.

Envious? YOU SHOULD BE!

Old 05-17-2010, 05:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice Naxaksta, keep doing that every day for the next week or two and you will be hovering for the whole battery charge.

Get a bigger helicopter when your ready. A 500 or 600 is plenty, make sure you have a good field to fly it in though. The 500 and 600 just float in the air beautifully compared to a 450. They just stay there, just stay in the air it's amazing. And im speaking from 500 experience, the 600 is even more stable!!

As for nitro, im not too keen either, when I get a 600 (one day) I will probably go with nitro but im not sure. I've had a lot of nitro and petrol rc cars and a plane. I don't like the fact that the engine is independent from the electronics. Like what happened to Mike. And chicken dances etc.

-Jonny
Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hang out with a lot of nitro plank fliers and it seems quite a loud and messy affair. I am getting more comfortable with it every time I fly now and it won't be long at all before I try to brave some foward flight and turning.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

What happened to me is rotten ass luck.... lol
Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi there Naxaksta
your very good there,def avoid the cars and a must is get up there.a few weeks from now you will be belting along with her

did you see that...just sneaked a pun in and no one noticed
Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2TheEYo View Post
Shhhh exnay on the brokenay.

I'm loaded with money, what you say'in? I'm so loaded with cash right now I can ride my bike down to the convenience store about 16km away and buy a whole freaking stick of gum.

Envious? YOU SHOULD BE!

you way richer than me..i dont even have a bike and the man in the cornershop has stoped accepting cheques post dated till 2045

oh well looks like im standing on the street corner again to night my bum hurts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in