Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Night Flying

Night Flying Night Flying Helis Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Venom night blades

I searched here and only found one thread on these. I have found a set on Ebay and got the blades, Charger and 3 -3 pin connectors. I read that they need to charge for 6 hours so far its been 6 hours and the red light is still on meaning that they are still charging. How long should I give it till I can be sure the blade battery is done? If they are done how can I power them with another battery? Can I just wire new batteries into the connectors at the base of the blades? These blades do not have a switch to turn them on. I guessed you install one of the 3 pin connectors onto the blades to power them? I read they have a switch but I cannot see anything on them.
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned User

With those type of blades the charge port is the switch. That 3 pin connector is just a jumper that I think connects pins 1 and 3. If you have a voltmeter with small probes just check the terminals, you should either get 4.1 for li-ion or 4.2 for lipo. Half an hour to 45 minutes should be plenty to get a full charge.

Be sure to use some clear tape to affix those jumper pins during flight.

If they are the type of blades I'm thinking of flipping the charge plug will light the blades. If you havent tried it already, dont.

Pics would help a great deal.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here are some pics. Batteries in the blades are shot. How can I bypass the battery in the blade and connected some external batteries?

Old 07-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well heard back from the seller and he said to charge and discharge them a couple of times and see if the battery ups the voltage. Anybody know how I can bypass the stock imbedded battery? If I fed the power into the connectors will that damge the LED's in the blades?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned User

Pretty sure the leds will be ok. I'm not sure what that will do to the battery. I do remember other folks saying they had to do the same thing.

If this is a recent purchase and that charge/discharge method doesnt work, see if you can exchange them. All too often these things sit on a shelf for months and self discharge to below 2.5v per cell.
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I just got em. I will see about switching them out but I am sure the net set will be just as bad. I am going to look at using external battery. I just don't want the blades to catch fire or something due to adding another battery.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I got another 2 sets of these blades and I sill can"t get them to charge. Can anybody LMK if I can just wire a battery to the blades with out them blowing up or something? I hate to have the internal battery get really hot and melt os something.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in