Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Can anyone else get inverted?

I make a verticle dive then go inverted, it's hard to right yourself but you can do it.
Pablochopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Video or it didnt happen
LokiNexus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablochopper View Post
I make a verticle dive then go inverted, it's hard to right yourself but you can do it.
How many mishaps before getting this right? Also, is it possible to complete a full loop from a hard dive and back up under power? Guy at the LHS said it can be done but idk....
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny you should post I did exactly that on Saturday. Pick up speed, push the nose down hard and keep it pinned and she flipped right side over (well more like fell and flopped over but it still counts ) . The stiff breeze probably helped a little also.
Haket is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can do it going forward or rolling to the side. Make sure you start out as high as possible before you attempt it. Once you have the nose pointing towards the ground drop the throttle down to 3/4 stick and wait for it to flip. I have found throttle control really helps if you keep it pinned 100% it will loose a ton of height before making the flip since you are pulling it to the ground when upside down but if you cut the throttle to much you loose tail control and the heli will hit the ground if you do it right you can do in in about 25'
tbullard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both forward and back flips. Have yet to do an aileron roll. I do both my flips from 100+ ft altitude. Plenty of room for recovery on forward flips....backward makes my butt pucker a bit when i pull back out of a dive and just hang on!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Löki View Post
Video or it didnt happen
I'll try this weekend to get video
Pablochopper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me and newheli crasher have been doing flips for at least a month. Check back I made a thread the day I first did a backflip. You just need more elevation and keep on holding it instead of trying to right yourself. I've also done aileron rolls both ways. Again it's just a matter of getting up high enough and holding it over until it swings around.

ACTUALLY...Today I did what I think to be the first forward and backward flips with a full body mSR X.

It doesn't have as much power with the body and it doesn't handle the wind anywhere near as well but I had it 75 feet up and did the back flip then took it about 100 up and did the front flip (thanks for giving me the balls to do the front flip newheli, I'm gonna consider us even LOL.) The tail works like a BEAST with the body over it/blocking the flow.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried to flip my msrx today, and i ended up doing a nose dive right into the ground. luckily nothing broke, cause the grass was pretty long.
Align T-rex 250 Pro DFC w/
AR7200BX
msrxnewb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forward or back?? I find back easier. Look for about 75 feet of elevation before trying.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
Forward or back?? I find back easier. Look for about 75 feet of elevation before trying.
i tried them both, failed both time. but made me laugh . and my heli was constantly getting harassed by these little bird.
AR7200BX
Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was gonna go for it today but it was too windy and I couldn't get my heli high enough without drifting out of view... that and I didn't have the balls to throw it!
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you dive down forward until vertical then slam the elavator full backward at full throttle the whole time she do a nice tight little backflip after the dive.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

I almost did it in my garage today and corrected it granted my garage is huge and empty it's definitely possible after only my 20th flight with MSRX but our blades aren't flat so I thought it was Impossible.
ignited is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sustained inverted flight is impossible. Flips and flops are not only possible, but lots of fun. I dove into a front flip and got full inverted before smacking a power line at about 40 MPH. Broke one link lost the other, my aileron servo stripped, and my landing gear went kachunk.

Seriously considering making the jump to BL now.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not much interest in pushing the mSR X that far. I break out the mCPX to get inverted personally.

I know it can be done, and I know doing these moves shows some great skill on a FP heli, Just prefere not to be down because I pushed it beyond its accepted limits.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I pushed it beyond the limits of that damn power line IMO lol. j/p

I get that, but I like life on the edge LMAO.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I read that post B... funny

Hope it was just the wiper came of the spindle as mentioned in the other thread....
Old 04-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

i finally did it, two days ago. it was pretty nerve racking. my RHK blade grips took some damage after a few attempts, had to bent it back with pliers and then it was perfect again!
AR7200BX
Old 04-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well... the servo's fine. It was the wiper off the spindle. Pushed it back together and it was good to go.

HOWEVER, while it was off I noticed a few things... I broke the actual frame on my RKH CF frame (part#MSR X466-CF) at all the orange lines. The part outlined in yellow broke off completely but was held there by the screw.

One of the linkage guide pins also broke off my rotor hub so I'll replace that with a RKH one too probably.

Gotta pay to play I guess.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in