Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail problem on Blade 450 3D

Hi, I am in need of some advice, I have taken the heli out today with no previous crash or hard landings and after about 30-40 seconds of just hovering on the spot the tail made a sudden jump round to the left by about 90 degrees, I brought the tail back round but it seemed to carry on fighting me. I then landed the heli and it almost spun round on the spot. When I then looked at the heli and moved my tail the servo was going crazy and seemed to want to pull constantly to the left and was making some really quick and hard movements. Could this be just a case of replacing the tail servo part number: EFLRDS76Tor could something else be at fault. I have had the heli for a while but don't get to fly much due to work so I am still learning. Could anyone advise what needs to be done?
4503D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Too many variables .It could be a bad servo but check to make sure you don`t have any trim in your radio telling it to turn. Is it tight on the boom. .had both of the before mentioned probs. Could be a glitch in the receiver,, had that issue too. Or the gyro went south...those have been known to do that but not a prominent problem. Double check all your radio settings too.. But, if your up to replacing parts as a way of elimination after checking everything else, the servo is a good place to start. Sorry, it`s a bit more complicated but that's part of the biz.That`s about all I know might be others out there with more insight.Good luck and let us know what you find .
Old 11-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah..one other item that WILL cause that is the inner belt pully slipping on the shaft. Its the one up under the frame below the tower. Hold on to the main gears and try and rotate the tail blades. .I like to have never found that dude in one of mine. If the belt rotates with holding both mains ...problem found.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thank you

Thank you for your advice, will check these out and let you know how I get on.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Problem Solved

It was a loose belt, have tightened up and all back to normal, many thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in