Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Airtronics RD 8000 Need Help!!!!!

I have a RD 8000 radio, I am new to the heli hobby and have flown my trex 450se a dozen times with no problem until today. I had a major glitch that caused my first crash. Besides the point I like the radio but I found out that I have been flying in normal mode gyro setting. I flipped all kinds of switches and found that the head hold switch on my transmitter is also the autorotation/ throttle-cut. How do I change this? Shortly after flipping the designated gyro switch on the top left of the radio the glitching started and there was no turning back from a 5ft hover. Did I do anything wrong? Help is appreciated. Thanks
myke526 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have a RD 8000 radio, I am new to the heli hobby and have flown my trex 450se a dozen times with no problem until today. I had a major glitch that caused my first crash. Besides the point I like the radio but I found out that I have been flying in normal mode gyro setting. I flipped all kinds of switches and found that the head hold switch on my transmitter is also the autorotation/ throttle-cut. How do I change this? Shortly after flipping the designated gyro switch on the top left of the radio the glitching started and there was no turning back from a 5ft hover. Did I do anything wrong? Help is appreciated. Thanks
The gyro channel is not, let me repeat not the same switch as the throttle hold and furthermore the TH switch is incapable of operating the gyro and in addition the throttle cut button only does one thing---cut the throttle. Each Flight mode has gyro gain settings, the gyro switch is clearly marked on the left face of the TX.

Go back and read the manual and review the instructions pertaining to the gyro switch, TH switch and the throttle cut button. Throttle cut wouldn't even be used on an electric anyway.

TM
TMoore is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What I don't understand is that when I flip the right toggle switch on transmitter the motor will not work but everything else does. This also changes the way that the gyro reacts, when you swing the tail with the motor unplugged in normal mode you can hear the gyro servo move slightly, when the switch is flipped that I am talking about and the tail is moved, the gyro servo makes significantly more movement. Maybe I am missing something but I can't seem to find a solution by reading the manual.
myke526 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude,

The stock radio comes with the three position switch on the right side and the two position switch on the left side. This is user switchable by taking the back off of the TX and swapping the switches per the manual. All of mine are swapped. Just look at the display and when you hit the switches the display will tell you what flight mode you are in. There is a gyro gain for each flight mode. You also need to turn the basic menus OFF.

TM
TMoore is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore
... There is a gyro gain for each flight mode. ...
yes, that is what he did. He hit the Idle-up switch.

To go into HH or Rate Gyro you hav to hit the Gryo Switch (and it has to be setup right!) to go between the two. TMoore said that above.

My Throttle cut and Idle switch is reversed from most people it seem as my throtle cut is on the right. Even though i fly Mode2, I like it there. Anyway, that was slightly off topic.

Some menu options on the RD8000 make you use the switches or controls, but other menu options make you hit a button to change between flight modes. I did not find it too difficult after a few days of messing around with it.

-J
jgoodwin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in