Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > HF Vendor Support > XHeli/HobbyPartz Support

XHeli/HobbyPartz Support XHeli/HobbyPartz Vendor Sponsored Customer Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

They have always been good to me. Unfortunately, on my last order, it took them 3 days to notify they were out of stock, but I had my refund in less than 24 hours from my response to that email.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn..an F is pretty bad. I know there have been words and stories about potential bribes (what Gov doesn't) but look at places like Ready Heli and Helidirect, etc which all have B or better. I wouldn't be surprised if they found it hard to get a line of credit; banks pay attention and will rack up higher loan costs if you have a tanked rating.

That said you find a disproportionate amount of complaints about HobbyPartz service on here. Gens Ace are freaking nice packs for the money which is why I keep hoping they get another dist in the US.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like they must have some money to throw around.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ShioKSmj-g&feature=g-u-u[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ8X18UHNpQ&feature=g-u-u[/ame]
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry

I guess they took my batteries to the show and sold them there then... I ordered the 3s 30C 2200mah Gens Aces a while back, and just today got the package but it had "equivalent" Sky LiPos instead. They guy on their online chat said I had to email them a picture of the wrong batteries and the shipping label and that they'd get back to me... We'll see how it goes.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore8888 View Post
Damn..an F is pretty bad. I know there have been words and stories about potential bribes (what Gov doesn't) but look at places like Ready Heli and Helidirect, etc which all have B or better. I wouldn't be surprised if they found it hard to get a line of credit; banks pay attention and will rack up higher loan costs if you have a tanked rating.

That said you find a disproportionate amount of complaints about HobbyPartz service on here. Gens Ace are freaking nice packs for the money which is why I keep hoping they get another dist in the US.

Yeah but if you really look at there rating 43 complaints of 60 are about products. Now think about all the people that order a CCPM heli from them because of the low price, crash it in 1 minute, demand their money back because the bird "must be defective" and then get pissed when they don' t get it.

The've been good to me, minus the fact that I keep getting 3mm feathering shafts vs 4...
I think that has to do with factory packaging though
Himilou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hobbypartz has lost my business after the shady s**t they pulled with me last week having to do with batteries. Paid for some batteries, paid for expedited shipping, took my $300, sent a tracking number and nothing ever showed up. After some emails and a phone call they are refunding my money. They said it was a technical error in the warehouse. Now they are out of stock on the batteries they were supposed send me a week ago and now its going to 24-48 hours before I get my paypal refund. Im pretty easy to deal with customer but WHAT THE HELL KIND OF BUSINESS IS THAT???
KG4HFV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

The same buisness that will string you along for 6 months with excuses as to when they will be restocking a certain product. I learned the hard way. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them, or they will feed you a sea of excuses. my initital order from hobbypartz in the past was great, but it has steadily declined from order to order. I took my money elsewhere.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just FYI. The sky Lipo 5000 mah 40c finally came back in stock. Got two with the 12% off memorial day sale with free shipping. Arrived yesterday!!
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
Just a note on HobbyKing, I've ordered from their USA warehouse and it is in China.
This is 100% FALSE. The HobbyKing US warehouse is located about 5 miles from where I live, I've driven by the place personally. When I order batteries they arrive the next day via USPS.

Sounds like you were confused, ordered from the HK warehouse instead of the US one and then blamed it on HobbyKing. Nice work.
Solo Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

To me, posting a thread like this with a title saying a vendor is going out of business is a pretty irresponsible thing to do. Unless you've got some sort of inside info this is all speculation and could damage the vendors business or reputation.

Sent from my tablet via Tapatalk
GT86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Pilot View Post
This is 100% FALSE. The HobbyKing US warehouse is located about 5 miles from where I live, I've driven by the place personally. When I order batteries they arrive the next day via USPS.

Sounds like you were confused, ordered from the HK warehouse instead of the US one and then blamed it on HobbyKing. Nice work.
Agreed. Its not that hard to do if your not paying attention.
More feedback... http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/maxthepersonz-117310.html
Maxthepersonz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86 View Post
To me, posting a thread like this with a title saying a vendor is going out of business is a pretty irresponsible thing to do. Unless you've got some sort of inside info this is all speculation and could damage the vendors business or reputation.

i have seen it be for with PC parts stores they float on customer money ie the taking orders for things not in stock lack of stock for MONTHS
not shipping items for weeks

its a bad sign

to me its "pretty irresponsible" for helifreak to take there money for ads and not look in to this for us
HardOCP did the same thing with a few places the first one because they even stopped paying them for ads
AMA#948801
Elios000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT86 View Post

I doubt we could damage their rep too much further lol
Roblucky13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hobbypartz is a great place to buy from I have often recommend them,. I mostly only buy Gen ace battery's and LED stripe lights from them, but have gotten other things there also, i always get my orders within two days, Only two other places I know are that fast. I hope nothing happens to them. They seem like do lots of sales cause often are out of stock but hey who is not?
I often go to wal mart and they will be out of some of the food items I need or want, its life

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've only had good dealings with Hobbypartz on my two orders from them. Their customer service has been responsive as well.
Natewin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
to me its "pretty irresponsible" for helifreak to take there money for ads and not look in to this for us
Are you still beating this poor horse? You think HF should investigate YOUR assertions? Without a shred of evidence other than your obvious vitriol for Hobbypartz? Wow

We get it already. You had a bad experience with their customer service. Now you want them to "pay" by losing business due to your posts. That's your choice. But you are not making your case look any better when you say crazy things like expecting the staff of HF to "investigate" on your behalf. Seriously. What would you expect them to do? Send out a crack team of accountants to go thru Hobbypartz books? Good luck with that.
JimDeadly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have made 10 orders with Hobby Partz, and I have to say every time they shipped in a timely fashion, all shipments were free, all shipments had good padding. Out of all the orders, and they were all batteries, I have been lucky no DOA packs, all were reasonably well balanced, with good balance plugs?

I am glad that I didn't have to wait for their 6S 5000s cause they took a long time to get stock on them, and they sold out fast when they did have them...

Glad to see hobby parts has a place to help out now!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've ordered from Hobbypartz/Nitroplanes about 4 times and have always been happy with the result.

It's frustrating to have lots of things out of stock, but I try not to order things that are backordered.

I don't see the linkage that one PC store was out of stock on things and then they went under so therefore the same thing will happen here. It might be true, but it's about as likely as saying "a red corvette drove by with a blonde woman driving, I bet the next corvette will be red and have a blonde, female driver".

As fan FYI to everyone - every online store does the same thing. If you order something that's out of stock, they put you on the list for when it comes in. Depending on the store, you'll pay up front or at the time of shipment. If it's paypal, it's usually at time of order (because that's how paypal works). If you pay by credit card, it might charge you at time of shipment.

I've ordered things with J Crew and it's the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
i have seen it be for with PC parts stores they float on customer money ie the taking orders for things not in stock lack of stock for MONTHS
not shipping items for weeks

its a bad sign

HardOCP did the same thing with a few places the first one because they even stopped paying them for ads
Stickey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Raiden Technology part is not a secret.

The emails from them in my inbox are titled "Raiden Hobbypartz" and "Raiden Nitroplanes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal500 View Post
I have filed a claim with BBB. In doing so I found that HobbyPartz also operates under another name other than Xheli... Its called Raiden Technology and here is their BBB page..

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...ry-CA-13212870

Rated F
Stickey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just thought I would share. I just ordered some ga 5500 for my 550e and they were here in 3 days. Free shipping and shipped next day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in