Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X

Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2016, 07:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is it worth repairing?

Crashed my 600x on Saturday, just shy of a hundred flights on it too, damage is around $250 with $85 of that in main blade cost, didn't pay to much more than that when I bought it used including battery, what would you guys do?
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2016, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Servos, motor, esc, fbl all still good I'm assuming.
if so I'd be looking to get a kit that meets the specs of the electronics and build it yourself.

Do you know why you crashed?
Old 08-19-2016, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not sure what caused crash, was high enough to think and correct it, was inverted and giving it full negative pitch, but heli would not climb, I found the heli with elevator servo arm off servo and set screw gone, but I would think if that was cause for crash, heli would have flipped? Starting to think he may have been in an auto and didn't realize it, (motor shut down) looked at cc data log and don't see anything
Old 08-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fix it. That's a cheap crash for a large heli and you'd need new blades for another heli anyway. So, in reality, you're looking at well under $200 to fix it. It's a good flying heli and you're not going to get into anything else like it that cheaply. Unless you re-kit it, keep flying it until you can't get parts anymore.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear abut your crash, what parts are you needing, besides blades(all I have extra are 550)? I have several parts for the 600x.
jverhaeren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts damaged are bottom plate, landing gear, main gear, main shaft bearings, feather shaft and bearings, all links on head, boom and torque tube, main blades, not sure on main shaft. Got lucky, ground was soft from lots of rain.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent you a PM
jverhaeren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love mine , no matter what you have you will probably crash at sometime, you will never get a heli that flys like that, that cheap. I would fix it plenty of parts available
eightyduece is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyduece View Post
I love mine , no matter what you have you will probably crash at sometime, you will never get a heli that flys like that, that cheap. I would fix it plenty of parts available
True, I just dislike the ones your not sure of what caused the crash, Il'll post the data log and see if someone sees something I'm not? The more I think about what happened the more I think I was flying motor less. Would main gear still strip if motor was off? Autorotation, I did notice just a few feet from impact it dropped faster while inverted giving it full negative pitch right at the end, was slowing down then dropped like a rock.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't let the cheap entry put you off from fixing the 600 X. I had a crash of mine several months ago, a little more damage than yours (mine also needed a frame) and while large heli's take a bigger bite out of the wallet, there is nothing that can take the place of the adrenalin rush that one gets while tossing the 600 X around and hearing those big blades beat the air into submission.
wattflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2016, 08:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I stripped a main gear once and managed to get it back down. They were designed a little on the weak side. If you stripped the main gear that might explain why you couldn't get collective. Mine was pretty noisy when it went through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinggoose View Post
True, I just dislike the ones your not sure of what caused the crash, Il'll post the data log and see if someone sees something I'm not? The more I think about what happened the more I think I was flying motor less. Would main gear still strip if motor was off? Autorotation, I did notice just a few feet from impact it dropped faster while inverted giving it full negative pitch right at the end, was slowing down then dropped like a rock.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another thing to look at is the blade grip link (the link itself), the link that goes from the swash to the blade grip wear out quickly. Once propped off, no amount of collective will be able to slow the decent with just one blade that still has collected. Any looseness noted at all is asking for trouble on the 600X.
wattflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 07:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 600

I have a blade 600 without electronics for sale. Comes with many parts
Gregheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sent you a pm gregheli
Old 09-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts finally ordered. Sure hope she flies like new again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in