Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 V2 setup help

Good morning all , ok i have just put together a new rex for the 1st time but have a few problems, My tail in the hover it holds very well under any power setting but if i swing it to the left or right it get's a oscillation to it,until it get's back to neutral.There is almost no authoraty in the tail, my B400 whips around where the rex is like a old lady on sunday.
What i don't get is if there is full travle should it not to whip around?

OK next prob is the battery only last's 3min in norm mode which in the B400 it go's for 7 to 8 , i am using 2200mAh 11.1V 3S 25C battories, i'v set up my gear mesh the paper methid and it seem's like a good mesh with a good solid patern but not close to tearing. Could it be the esc seto wrong?

OK the not smart part of this build on my part was i put on the 13T pinion gear not the 12T.
expecting her to be like a home sick angle but that she is not, at full collective and nose down she is quick but no where close to the blade, i have +10 at 100% throttle should there be more?

i will pose pic's soon

thanx for any help
Bliksim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Be sure the link is not much over 9mm from servo center and check for slop also. What servo and gyro? What type linkage, wire or carbon rod. If you're using the wire are the linkage guides secure?
Old 03-06-2009, 03:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm using the wire rod and the set up is G420T & DS380G. there is no slop in the link's but i will be re setting the gyro later tonight to see if it will help . Should i go CF rot the rod? the travel is nice and smooth.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok a couple things:

What are your rudder ATV/Endpoints set to? They should be set to 100% (or higher if you want)...this only controls your piro rate.

As far as you battery...is it new? I have my ESC set to mid LVC.

I know nothing about that gyro, so sorry I can't be of help there, but in general, tail wag is an indicator of too high of a gain.

Also, the 13t pinion is fine! You will get a higher headspeed with it. With FULL collective, nose down, you are probably bogging down the motor depending on your throttle curve. To get fast forward speed you don't need full collective at all!

With the Trex, you should be able to get -12 and +12 full pitch range.

I suggest you watch the Finless CCPM 1 and 2 video's to show you how to setup the head.

Good luck,
Skarn
Skarn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can stay w the wire rod, but it needs to be a straight shot down the boom and no bending of the rod or binding anywhere. The wire needs to be clean, like if you get grass spray on it, it can bind in the guide. While you are are it, disconnect the rod at the tail and verify that the tail operates very smoothly and there is no binding there. Once the mechanical issues are ok, and you have full deflection, you might try increasing the endpoints a little in the radio, which tells the gyro how fast to piro. That can make a big difference.

As for short flight times, check on a few things. Does the head spin freely when you twirl it by hand. It should be smooth and spin a bunch of times on its own. If not, check on whether you have the main shaft collar mis-positioned and its too tight constricting the bearing. When inserting the mainshaft and position it, it is easy to get that too tight. One of finless videos (maintenance) shows how the head needs to spin freely. Also, verify the belt isn't too tight. You want a little give in it like in the manual but not have it slip, so perhaps you can loosen it a bit and then verify by gently turning the tail rotor a little, gently, while holding the head just to verify no slippage. As for the pinion, I never liked the paper method. It is possible to get it too tight doing it that way. I much prefer to do it by eye, where I can "see" a fine gap (backlash). You need to turn the main gear and observe too for any high or low points so it does not bind anywhere along the main gear. It is easy to get that too tight so, take another look at that.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the info the collar for the main shaft was a little to tight now it spins better
cobra25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No Prob. What part of Jersey?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Jersey here too! Great day today for flying!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in