Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Correct tail movement??

I just finished the setup of the 540 on my 600N. During the tail setup mode the tail moved in the correct direction and the slider was centered with zero pitch on the blades. When in the flight modes is when the tail acts differently. This is what im seeing.

Normal: When the 540 initializes the tail goes to a slight nose right pitch and stays there. As I increase collective, it goes further to the right. The gyro correction direction is correct. When the heli is displaced, the tail blades correct however once the movement stops the blades return to a more centered position.

I was under the impression that the gyro correction should remain constant until the initial heading is acquired again. Meaning that the blade pitch should stay in the correcting direction until the heading is regained and not coming back to a lower pitch. At least this is what I have noticed with my other flybarless units. Please correct me if I am wrong.

IU1: The only thing different here is the blade pitch relative the collective. With a linear pitch curve and at center stick, the blades have the little bit of nose right pitch. As I increase or decrease collective the blade pitch increases to the nose right direction. Gyro correction acts the same.

TH: In throttle hold the tail blades are close to zero pitch and the gyro correction moves the blades in the correct direction and holds that correction pitch.

Finally to my questions.
1. Is the nose right blade pitch in the flight modes normal? Such as to maybe
correct for torque?
2. Is the gyro correction correct? It seems almost backwards to me.

Thanks for reading through. Im new to this system and flybarless in general so any help would be appreciated.
f2f514 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
1. Is the nose right blade pitch in the flight modes normal? Such as to maybe
correct for torque?
2. Is the gyro correction correct? It seems almost backwards to me.
Everything you see is normal. The blade pitch will change when you move the collective to help compensate for the torque. This function can be found in the Tail menu under Collec Mix.

Quote:
When the heli is displaced, the tail blades correct however once the movement stops the blades return to a more centered position.
This is also normal. On the ground, the tail blades will return to the neutral position if the heli stays motionless for a while. This is to prevent the tail from whipping to one side when you try to take off. However the return to neutral will not happen in the air.
alvinchai is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Alvinchai. After some closer inspection I have come to find out that in both the flight modes and throttle hold the tail blades move in the correct correcting direction but return to center at different rates. In the flight modes, the tail corrects and then moves back to center almost immediately. The blade deflection is minimal no matter how much the heli is yawed. Opposite that is during throttle hold. Here the tail corrects with increasing pitch due to increasing yaw and then about five seconds after yawing stops the blades return to center.

Is this normal?

Again sorry for my ignorance but thanks for the help.
f2f514 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in