Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Crappy weather today in Mass.

but whatever, flew the King 3 in between rain storms. 50 mph winds predicted for tomorrow! Gatta keep moving forward.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlNZ-zwRWGw[/ame]
dougsrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, kinda gray around there, but the K3 showed up pretty well against the clouds. 50mph winds sounds like a Nascar Sunday in front of the tv, or a Mothers day visit.

Big winds, rain, and even snow flurries around here for a couple days have given way to calm and clear conditions, but its 25deg outside.
Have a great Sunday all.
likeakite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Today was a beautiful day today in Mass. sunny, a little windy, throwing my King around and wearing my "fancy pants" LoL
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiR4Zk_54Z4[/ame]
Old 05-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It was great early this morning. The air was virtually dead until 8:00am out here in the western part of Mass.
I put 7 packs through the 450, and Blade 400 then 3 packs through the 500. It was so calm around 7 you could let the cyclic go and just hang there.
It went back to the near gale force winds this afternoon just like every day since to rains stopped.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

WoW ! 90 degree's today in Mass. Freakish weather this year. Took my King 3 out and threw it around in the driveway !! Good times !
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUQ88Chwc4o[/ame]
Old 05-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

What part of mass. Are you in?
I fly in Dartmouth mass.
12/07/41 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You are truly a cool dude To have that kind of control with it flitting and flipping around so close to your head is amazing. I thought at the end you were either going to give her a kiss with it hovering in your face, or maybe grab it out of the air.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Leominster, Central Mass, about 25 minutes NorthWest of Worcester.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Likeakite, You are very perceptive Dude !! I was going to Grab it but chickened-out at the last minute ! Lol. I used to catch my CP2 though, a little less dangerous.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiin6t5VxAs[/ame]
Old 05-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good weather is finally here ! Just fartin around with the King. Kenny grabbed the video camera without me knowing. Anyone else tried inverted yet with the King ? you really don't need to upgrade to a better heli to practice, just start up high and slowly work your way down, it's Fun bro's !
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s6Opbf0zog[/ame]
Old 05-31-2010, 05:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougsrc View Post
Anyone else tried inverted yet with the King ?

yes doug i did...and the pinion came off the motor resulting in a barebones rebuild, not alot left to salvage as i was around 40 ft up.
now i fly a trex 450 pro .
still not tried inverted yet with the pro tho, im too chicken atm till i get better at orientation,
you must be loaded the way you chuck that king around .
nice catch with the cp btw .
chris.
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 06:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks to your skills, and showing how this stuff is possible with the k-3, its going to be my primary heli for a couple more yrs....until i can do some inverted, flips, funnels, and some of the basic 3d flying. It can take a beating and cost very little to get back in the air, while still being more than capable of advanced flying.

Starting to think about some basic backyard stunts, but havent even ever flipped into idleup yet, and the heli is set up with a lot of positive pitch, and very little negative right now. I'm coming along... there is a long ways to go, but its great to see that the heli is waiting for my skills to get better, rather than having my skills limited by the helis capabilitys.Originally Posted by dougsrc

Originally Posted by dougsrc

Yes, but not on purpose.
Thanks for the video
Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll tell ya guys, it has taken me alot longer than I thought it would to get comfortable flying these lil beast's, but its the journey more than the destination, right ?
My first heli was an Ikarus Eco 8 electric heli about 10 years ago that I thought would be easy to fly-----I was wrong ! quit after about 3 months of exciting frustration, said "Screw heli's" then flew planks for years after that till I saw a video of Kyle Stacy flying an Eflite Blade CP pro ! Wow ! I can do that, I was wrong !!!

Flew the Blade CP every single weekend for a year and crashed every single weekend, spent ALOT of money on parts. Then got a King 2 and said Wow, alot more stable than the Blade, crashed a little less ! Now the King 3, crash even less but it still happens once and awhile but not every weekend like it use to.

I'd probably be a better pilot if I got a TREX years ago instead of fartin around with these Micro's, but what Fun would that be ! LoL

There is no rush to go inverted, there is a ton of Fun stuff to do upright !

Chris, I'm not loaded at all, the King 3 is the only heli I can afford to keep going at this point, I'd probably get a Trex pro as well if I could afford it. I had the same exact thing happen to me with the slipping pinion gear, no loctite---loose grub screw= smack in to the Hard Cold Earth ![ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegmTNCRbPQ[/ame]

Last edited by dougsrc; 06-01-2010 at 04:05 PM..
Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep a slipping pinion will do that every time, thats why I file a small flat spot on the motor shaft where the grub screw hits and use blue locktight, there is many pro's/con's on filing the shaft but I've never had a pinion to slip or come loose----Wrench
Wrench 54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2010, 03:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch... I guess I will hit my pinion with a little loctight as well.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Totally agree wrench, since my "incidental" I have also filed or dremeled a flat spot on every single pinion since. A small amount of prep can save alot of "parts replacement" later.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right on the money Doug, a little prep will go a long way on these helios, man I just love all your vids, they show just what a K2/3 will do in very capable hands, Esky should supply you with all the helios you need and use your vids for advertisement, keep it up, we all would like to see our helios fly like that one day------Wrench
Old 05-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bow, with honest envy, every video I watch! I have yet to hover.
crss1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hey yall got grub screws in you pinions?? my king 3 did not have a grub screw, it was just a press on brass pinion, this did not install me with comfidence.
i did locktite it but it just fell off as soon as i got inverted .
the trex aint all bad, i know they are dear to buy but look at what you get for the money. and a crash is no more expensive than a king 3 is, just the original blades are one that cost the money, so i use the cheaper carbons £9.00 a pair.
when you buy parts for the trex you get 2. main gear £5.22 but there is 3 in the packet. feather shaft £2.89 you get 2. main shaft £4.85 you get 2 .
boom is £3.85 for 2, cant go wrong there, cheaper than e sky parts.
chris
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Chris, there is several types of pinions to choose from, the press on and the grub screw type, Esky uses a brass press on, good for getting you started flying but wear fast and eat up main gears as they wear, most new mitors come with no pinion and Ive never been one that likes to hit a shaft riding in bearings or fighting trying to press a pinion on, some othere like the RINO use the grub screw to hold it on the shaft, it makes it easy to set the hight of the pinion so you get full mesh, the down side is most of the grub/set screws are very small, will strip easy, spin on the shaft, this is why I file the small flat spot on the shaft for the screw to hit and hold, some motors come with this flat spot already, some don't, I realy like the steel rino's they hold up and don't wear the main gear out like the brass pinions, as always each to his own way of dong it--------Wrench

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in