Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > ELY.Q - Vision 50

ELY.Q - Vision 50 ELY.Q Vision 50 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Potential buyer - Vision Ultimate

Im interested in trying one of these helis out.

From what I can gather the ultimate is mainly plastic and the competition is CF/CNC components.

Im wondering how interchangeable are the parts? Im wanting to start with the Ultimate (cheaper parts?) and as my flying improves (less crashes) I would upgrade to the better parts from the Competition series..

Is this possible?

Also, I notice there have been updates to the Ultimate kit over time and im wondered how I can tell if Im purchasing a newer kit or the older kit (no updates)?
360Wings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi mate, get onto r/c fuel supplies in australia, greg now runs a shop and is the number one ely-q agent in aus. i will have my ely-q vision 50 comp tomorrow. cheers.
Beam 450 pro
3DBEAM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 02:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im all for supporting the LHS but when there is ~$180 difference in price i.e. Vision 50C , RC Fuels $630AUD , if I get one from the US, $299US + 85 shipping = ~ 450AUD landed.

The Ultimate kit at RC Fuels is $330 ish.. Id rather pay the extra and get a Competition from the US for $450.
Geffect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 03:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't know what its like in aus but watch for import duty on goods from the us, unless you have an American friend who can buy it and ship it as a birthday prezzie for you. You may find it only costs $10 more to buy from the main importer after all the taxes.

Joe
Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Duty is not a issue with hobby stuff and we only get taxed on items > $1000.
360Wings is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

360, I fly the Ultimate, and this is my 2nd nitro.
Reasons that I went with the ultimate, instead of the Comp are:
1) I was able to get into the heli cheap (less than $200 to my door).
2) It was new and no-one else had it.
3) Just love the way it looks.
Now, I was really set against the whole plastic heli part, but at the price, it was hard to say no. I have some photos of it in my album. I literally finished putting it together at the field, and we had a good steady 12 mph wind cutting through the field. Still flew great, mild adjustments, other than that set up right out of the book. Love it, and have continued to learn so much on this heli. Look forward to having a CF framed heli soon, but for now, it's been a great heli and a blast to fly.

As for the parts interchangeable, some are. The Ultimate has the Flybar over the top, and the Competition has the flybar swung under, so not all the head pieces change out, and a few of the frame pieces are not, of course able to. I know the raptor tail pieces do fit as well Kasama's raptor parts fit.

If you do by a slim chance get a kit that is not an upgraded version, contact the dealer you purchased it from, they will get you the parts, or Ely.Q will send them to you.

For a kit for less than $200 to my door, can't really complain. Good luck.

Last edited by jather; 07-08-2010 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: Spelling correction
jather is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geffect View Post
Im all for supporting the LHS but when there is ~$180 difference in price i.e. Vision 50C , RC Fuels $630AUD , if I get one from the US, $299US + 85 shipping = ~ 450AUD landed.

The Ultimate kit at RC Fuels is $330 ish.. Id rather pay the extra and get a Competition from the US for $450.
thats fare enough. i am doing abit of a build / review on arc.
Beam 450 pro
3DBEAM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

After reading the product description it turns out the kit for $299 USD only comes with plain white canaopy not the painted one. To purchase a decent canopy will cost another $70+ USD so it isnt such a great deal after all..
Geffect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2011, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after all, the ultimate is designed for the abscent thumbed beginner, I think a plain white canopy will look better buried nose first in the dirt!

There's the all mighty arguement between plastic/carbon fiber or molded/ CNC parts, but all in all, as a beginner, you'll never push the limits of cheap parts and when you do then carbon fiber and CNC'd parts and the big pricetag will be warranted.

Just look at everybodys list of heli's, the top 1 or 2 are high priced birds, but after that are usually followed by more ecomonical birds! I'm just saying!

Gary!
pneumatic001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in