Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default throttle curve for xtreme spin motor

hi guys anubody running this motor w the xp 7a esc ??if so what kinda throttle curves ???
golfgolf4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it the 14k or 16k motor?
DudeInMyrtleBeach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

its the 16300 kv.. im pretty sure you cant use the 14000 kv with the 7 amp esc ...the thing is crazy fast )curves ive found to my liking are ok was just wondering what others were doing/?Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What kind of flight times are you getting. Just curious.
DudeInMyrtleBeach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeInMyrtleBeach View Post
What kind of flight times are you getting. Just curious.
Hi,
I am interested in this answer. I put a Spin 16K in my heli (8 tooth pinion) and got about 3 mins with my new Hyperion 250s. My tired old Nanos just gave me 2 mins. However, the heli shook like crazy. Gave up and returned to C05. However, I want more power and don't want to buy a HP05 if I have a Spin going spare.

Any guidance from someone with a Spin set-up would be appreciated.

I used the same throttle/pitch curves as in the manual except I have flat 100% throttle in IU. Pitch travel was 65% and bogging was still present.

When I first tried I had my old ESC/converter with no throttle resolution so start-up was nerve racking. Now I have a Steve and Helimax/Walkera ESC so maybe it will run better. However, I only fly IU at 100% so speed control is only important during start/stop.

Cheers, Ian
IanWhitehead65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i run 1oo percent flat in iu too and get some serious wobbles and shakes and im not sure why >>???i have 2 brushless birds one w the spin and the other e hpo5s hpo5s is awesome <<<dont know why the spins not so good it seems to have plenty od power just cant seem to get rid of the shakes w the insane head speed./////???hope to figure it out cuz i thing this motor has great potential
Old 11-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgolf4 View Post
i run 1oo percent flat in iu too and get some serious wobbles and shakes and im not sure why >>???i have 2 brushless birds one w the spin and the other e hpo5s hpo5s is awesome <<<dont know why the spins not so good it seems to have plenty od power just cant seem to get rid of the shakes w the insane head speed./////???hope to figure it out cuz i thing this motor has great potential
Hi,
Try running the motor in the frame but without the main gear. See if it vibrates too much by itself indicating its out of balance. I understand you can balance them with carefully located sticky tape. I will check mine also as this could have been causing my problems.

I thought I had an out of balance 915 motor this weekend. I had already removed the main rotors and I only had one rotor bolt in. Oops! That will put your heli out of balance. Turned out the 915 was fine but always worth checking with these out-runners.
Cheers, Ibs
Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i will give that a try thanks Ian
Old 11-20-2011, 10:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried the 14k spin motor on a 7 amp and it worked but the power just wasn't there. Probably needs at least a 10amp esc.
_Opiate_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 12:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd suggest your goal should be flat 100%. If the headspeed is too high change pinions. Don't really want to run lower as the esc's effeciency suffers. A curve for sedate flying is fine but don't reduce your outside rpm with the tx, re gear it.

Being 16800Kv I'd be going straight for an 8T. Unfortunately anything lower is not really available for a 1.5mm shaft.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK thanks amp im runnung a 9 tooth ill try an 8 tooth i think the only place to buy a 7 tooth is in germany>>>.thank you for your help
Old 11-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

not sure what ya mean opiate this motor has gobbs of power
Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK thanks amp im runnung a 9 tooth ill try an 8 tooth i think the only place to buy a 7 tooth is in germany>>>.thank you for your help
Yep, and many have not liked the cut and shape of the gears.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 05:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
not sure what ya mean opiate this motor has gobbs of power
I expect that he was referring to the esc and not the motor. His 7A esc would be limiting the power to the motor. What esc are you using? I am using the walkera/helimax 10A esc which ran the xtreme spin motor fine on my 4G6.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

im using 7 amp esc
Old 11-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
im using 7 amp esc
That is interesting that you can get lots of power through a 7A esc. I have only tried the 10A and 20A Walkera escs. I have not had much luck with the XP12. First one failed in a few weeks and the second I smoked owing to soldering a micro-dean around the wrong way

Can you do a fast loop (about 10m dia) without any motor bog? Looping is a good way of bogging my C05 and others with a HP05. How does your Spin do?

Cheers,
Ibs
Old 11-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

spin motor is rated for 7amp max draw so im not sure how a bigger esc woul do w this motor <<<its extremely hard to get this motor to bog w the 550 mah hyperions im running,,,yeah loops are a cynch withh all the power the spin has to offer ...im still getting a weird wobble when running in iu 2 100 percent flat throttle curve,,
Old 11-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
spin motor is rated for 7amp max draw so im not sure how a bigger esc woul do w this motor <<<its extremely hard to get this motor to bog w the 550 mah hyperions im running,,,yeah loops are a cynch withh all the power the spin has to offer ...im still getting a weird wobble when running in iu 2 100 percent flat throttle curve,,
Your speaking of the 16500kv version which has a 7a max draw. I was referring to the 14000kv version the has an 8amp max draw and seems to be sluggish on a 7 amp.

I am however currently running a 16200kv HP06v2 with a 7t pinion and a xp7a esc on my MCPX. It has lots of power with a head speed of 6100rpm. I also just ordered the 16500kv spin motor to try out since it pulls less amps than the 14000kv spin and the HP06v2 so it should run more efficiently.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Where did ya get the 7 tooth pinion //../.i cant find any in the usa at all..i run the hpo 5s on my other mcpx and it has plenty of power .,,i love the hp05 i was thinkn the spin would be a little better but the jury still out on that one...does the hpo6v2 outperform the hpo5s or havent you been able to try the hpo5
Old 11-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HP06v2 WAY out performs the HP05s. I got mine from Nanoheli.net. I just had to wait a week to get it. It's worth the wait for a 7t in my opinion when running such a high kv motor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in