Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #541 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make a offer on a X7 or a bid on ebay? You know it's going to kill us until you tell us what you did.
Larryu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #542 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
You've probably seen this,
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=531380
My flying isn't the greatest because I haven't had the time to fly like I want, but this method has helped with a (for lack of a better term) mental barrier I had. At one point, I felt like I could do the slow piros in my sleep (need to get back on the sim)! Even the inverted slow piros were starting to get a lot better. That alone helped me to start honing my circuits. It just takes some commitment I guess.
Personally, it think if it were followed to the tee, it'd make a much better pilot out of me in a very short time!
I have seen that. I worked on it a bit and got bored... I can be like that sometimes. I really got a few things out of order for sure. I should have worked on my piro hovering a lot sooner. Since I have been working on it so much, it has definitely saved me from more than one close call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryu View Post
Make a offer on a X7 or a bid on ebay? You know it's going to kill us until you tell us what you did.
I need to make it official before I tell you. It isn't an X7 though (which I may regret). I am straying from my original plan, but I think it will be worth it. It isn't a gasser either. I may be sticking with electric for a while.

What I can tell you is that I am buying an airframe, unless the deal falls through. The problem is, it costs all the money I have saved. That means, I will either have to wait to equip it or find a way to buy all the other electronics. Oh Lord help me (and my poor wife)!
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2015, 06:08 PM   #543 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need to make it official before I tell you. It isn't an X7 though (which I may regret). I am straying from my original plan, but I think it will be worth it. It isn't a gasser either. I may be sticking with electric for a while.

What I can tell you is that I am buying an airframe, unless the deal falls through. The problem is, it costs all the money I have saved. That means, I will either have to wait to equip it or find a way to buy all the other electronics. Oh Lord help me (and my poor wife)![/QUOTE]

Okay well I won't let the cat out of the bag but I did a little looking and I think I know what you made an offer on and I don't think you will be sorry if you get it. Other than the fact that it’s going to kill you until you get it in the air. I know when I got my Agile I couldn’t stand it and charged several parts to get it flying but I knew I was working a lot of OT so I’ve paid off what I charged, but normally I don’t go in debt for my hobbies.
I may have found the problem with the X3, I seem to have a lot of play in my main gear hub. Check your main gear for me and see how much rocking you have on your X3, mine will rotate the main blades it rocks so much. I have one coming and I broke down and ordered a set of RJX 362mm main blades. I think those Gratt blades I’ve been using are RJX blades rebranded several of the RJX blades have the exact same graphics on them.

Last edited by Larryu; 07-28-2015 at 08:35 AM..
Old 07-27-2015, 10:19 PM   #544 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdad View Post
Keep us posted... So to speak.

I'm interested to know what you get if deal goes thru.

Terrific flying on your last video btw. Awesome. I like your upright backwards. It is something I'm fearful of.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #545 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Okay well I won't let the cat out of the bag but I did a little snooping and I know what you made an offer on and I don't think you will be sorry if you get it. Other than the fact that it’s going to kill you until you get it in the air. I know when I got my Agile I couldn’t stand it and charged several parts to get it flying but I knew I was working a lot of OT so I’ve paid off what I charged, but normally I don’t go in debt for my hobbies.
I may have found the problem with the X3, I seem to have a lot of play in my main gear hub. Check your main gear for me and see how much rocking you have on your X3, mine will rotate the main blades it rocks so much. I have one coming and I broke down and ordered a set of RJX 362mm main blades. I think those Gratt blades I’ve been using are RJX blades rebranded several of the RJX blades have the exact same graphics on them.
You are a smart guy, I knew you would figure it out. I just didn't want to jinx it! I made payment last night for the used Mostro airframe and motor. You are correct, too. I will most likely be charging some of the stuff, otherwise it won't fly this season. I do have some reimbursement coming from work that will cover a good portion of it though. Now, it is just a waiting game. I am nervous about making such a large purchase on here. The seller has good reviews though. If all goes well, I will have it in hand next week.

I have been eyeballing this brand for a while. Seems pretty solid, but parts availability is up and down. It is a risk, but they have been in business to a few years.

Now I just need to buy all the stuff to put in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqowen View Post
Keep us posted... So to speak.

I'm interested to know what you get if deal goes thru.

Terrific flying on your last video btw. Awesome. I like your upright backwards. It is something I'm fearful of.
Thanks for the compliment. Backwards flying is still a little hairy for me at times.
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Old 07-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #546 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Check your main gear for me and see how much rocking you have on your X3, mine will rotate the main blades it rocks so much. I have one coming and I broke down and ordered a set of RJX 362mm main blades.
I'll check, but my main gears are pretty solid. I wonder if you lost a shim... It may also be that your one way is damaged or worn. I had the same problem with my x5. Who knows how many flights were on it??? Bottom line, it shouldn't rock much at all.

I had some RJX 362s. They were nice blades, but they are cursed for me. I always crash them after a few flights.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:18 PM   #547 (permalink)
Registered Users

It wasn’t too hard to figure out I look at the for sale adds fairly regular and the first 700 I saw was the Mostro and I think it was the first one I’ve seen for sale so I looked at it and I think it was a good price too. I’ve looked at the Mostro to and it is a nice helicopter, I know you are going to love it. And I’ll be saying a prayer for your wife to give her the strength she needs to put up with your addiction. I don’t think you are showing any signs of recovery and in light of your recent purchase I think you are getting worse. So, when’s the new toy going to get there?
If I’m write and the Gartt’s are rebranded RJX they may be the brand that’s not cursed for me every time I try anything else I crash and break them also, really the only other ones I’ve tried are the Align 360’s but I don’t think I’ve gotten more than four or five flights out of any set I’ve had. Right now I have RJX’s on the Agile and I like the way they fly and so far I’ve had pretty good luck with them I also have a set of Cyclones but I thought I would give it a little while before trying them.
Thanks for checking the main gear I thought it should be pretty solid so I’m pretty sure that’s my problem, the new one will be here Thursday along with the blades. I will definitely get all the bugs worked out before putting them on.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #548 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know when it is gonna get here... The seller should ship this weekend, so I should have it late next week or early the following. I am so busy with Karate and such for the next couple weeks, I won't have a lot of time to mess with it anyway.

I have had pretty good luck with aligns on my X3, but I think they break if you look at them wrong I really liked how the RJXs flew. Now that I can keep the heli in the air for a while, I may get another set. I am also flying Aligns on the X5. They do well, but they fart a lot

I was able to get out to the club today for a monthly meeting. I also flew.

X3 - 3 Flights

Just had some fun. Pretty limited on what I could do because of the setting sun.

Thinking about the new heli. I am putting together a list of parts:
  • KST Servos
  • FBL (looking at the Neuron. I don't really want to skimp on this one, even though I have had good luck with my current FBLs)
  • ESC (prolly a 120A yep or maybe a HW if I can find a good deal)
  • Voltage regulator (or may just go with RX Battery. Haven't decided)
  • Reciever
  • Telemetry for mah
  • Bullets for the motor and ESC
  • EC5 Connectors

Oh man... I could probably scrap the regulator and telemetry and save about $70-80, but I don't know that I really want to. Decisions decisions.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #549 (permalink)
Registered Users

tmkarchobby1 had the Brain on sale for 149.99 but I just checked and it 199.99 again! Bummer! That was a great deal!
I bought one of the Neuron controllers to try out on one of my helis. Probably my Warp. It caught my eye as well!
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #550 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw that sale on the IKONs and almost bought one, but that was before I purchased the latest heli and was still saving money for one.

I am burning a couple vacation days this week, so my wife suggested that I go and fly this morning! What a good wife! It was a cool 78 and the wind was around 8-10 mph. I flew:

X3 - 4 flights
X5 - 3 flights

I would have flown more, but the wind was variable and gusty. With the new purchase and lack of funds, I am now nervous to fly??? Afraid to crash and not have the money for repairs... With that and the wind, I decided to pack it in after 7 flights. My wife stopped out to record a flight on the X5 (she was heading out to do some garage saling).

I also flew a battery on my little foamy airplane. The wind was kicking it around pretty good. I ended up putting it in. Walked over to it, looked it over, straightened out the plastic prop, and flew the rest of the battery!

Here is the video of the X5. I have to find a different camera to record. The cellphone just doesn't cut it. I almost piled it at 1:48. I think I forgot to start giving positive collective, or just not fast enough. I am really trying to control the collective better, so it doesn't overspeed on the downside of the loop.

Gaui X5 Flight 7/30/15 (5 min 51 sec)
Old 07-31-2015, 07:58 AM   #551 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything for the Mostro is ordered with the exception of servos, receiver and Current Telemetry sensor. I am pondering... I will be getting the KST servos. Should I buy the coreless brushed ones for 209 or the brushless for 237. I would like the brushless. I just don't know if they are as reliable... I need to think about it.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:02 PM   #552 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hobbyking has some good prices on batteries right now I just picked up two Zippy compact 60C 5000mah batteries for $57 each (wait for the discount). They also have the 1550mah batteries for $26 I was really tempted to get two more of those too. I did get the 150mah sensor for the Agile and it’s very accurate if you recharge at the field, if you wait the battery recovers a little and it puts in less than it says it took out, but you know I really like flying by amps used. There’s really no better way to get the max flight time without stressing the battery, for $30. Servos, I debated between those also and went with the coreless just because aloft carries the gear sets and I thought the brushless were over kill for me, but you are better a better pilot and are progressing faster than I am. Just food for thought. Now let me tell you what sucks, my parts from Anythingheli, the post office said where delivered on Wednesday but I didn't get them. I’ve had to open a investigation with the post office, I reordered the OWB again because of course I don’t want to wait on them to fly. First thing I’ve had that’s been lost ever, I’m wondering if someone didn’t steal it out of the mail box.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:02 PM   #553 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been looking at hobbyking for batteries. I really like my glaciers though. I figure I could use 4000 mah batteries until I buy some 5000s. I my get a few zippys or turnigy's when I recover from these purchases. Until then, my 6 - 4000 mah batteries will have to do.

That is a good point about gear sets on the coreless servos. I may just stick with them for now. I was leaning that way anyway.

It sucks about your missing package. Worst I had was something that took a month to leave china. I ended up purchasing another one from a us seller to get my project completed. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:02 PM   #554 (permalink)
Registered Users

USPS has done a number on me several times. I had a package less than 60 miles south of where I live wind up 400 miles north/east a few days later! Hope it works out for ya also.

Macdad, your doing awesome! I kind of gasped when it looked like you were going to eat some dirt! I don't like those moments at all, and I've had way too many!
Old 07-31-2015, 10:16 PM   #555 (permalink)
Registered Users

My wife actually covered her mouth when it happened. She thought I was going in too! I did too. I came down a bit faster than I planned! Fortunately, muscle memory finally kicked in and saved the day. That would have been a doozy otherwise!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:09 AM   #556 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watching your video really makes me realize how much I like the X5. I have to get it in gear and get out and fly! My last recorded flight on mine was July 4! That's just down right crazy!
Old 08-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #557 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good news I got my parts yesterday and the post office even called to be sure I got the package. The bad news is it didn't fix the problem. The only thing left is the blade grips. It only shakes at 2600+ rpm if I drop it to 2200 it's fine. I've already got the shim pack for the grips so I'm going to take the upgrade off and see what that does then if that doesn't work the only thing left is to replace the grips. Then everything is new except the main shaft that is perfectly straight.
Jbobb1 that's helicopter abuse you need to fly that X5 and let her know she's loved too.
I'm working this weekend so just backyard flying for me.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #558 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb1 View Post
Watching your video really makes me realize how much I like the X5. I have to get it in gear and get out and fly! My last recorded flight on mine was July 4! That's just down right crazy!
Sounds like you have too many helis! If you are ever thinking of donating to a worthy cause, let me know Seriously though, I just love flying the X5. Weird thing is, 4 flights a day is about all I can take. I think I still get nervous and worry about breaking it

Quote:
Good news I got my parts yesterday and the post office even called to be sure I got the package. The bad news is it didn't fix the problem. The only thing left is the blade grips. It only shakes at 2600+ rpm if I drop it to 2200 it's fine. I've already got the shim pack for the grips so I'm going to take the upgrade off and see what that does then if that doesn't work the only thing left is to replace the grips. Then everything is new except the main shaft that is perfectly straight.
Jbobb1 that's helicopter abuse you need to fly that X5 and let her know she's loved too.
I'm working this weekend so just backyard flying for me.
That sucks man! I am glad you got your part. Did the new main gear fix the wobbly gear issue? Just not the shaking in the air?
Old 08-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #559 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdad View Post
Sounds like you have too many helis! If you are ever thinking of donating to a worthy cause, let me know Seriously though, I just love flying the X5. Weird thing is, 4 flights a day is about all I can take. I think I still get nervous and worry about breaking it
You're absolutely right! Work has had me tied down big time this year more so than in the past. Usually when I go fly, I take the X3 (of course) and 1 of the larger birds. Last year this was at least every weekend! I've been giving some serious thought about selling my Gob, but I'm not to sure yet.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #560 (permalink)
Registered Users

It did fix the wable, one of the pins that holds the bearings in fell out when I took it apart so it was bad. But the shaking is still there if the shims don't fix it I'll try and post a short video so you can see that I'm talking about.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in