Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2006, 09:05 AM   #21 (permalink)

yea after i posted that lastnight i sat down with the radio and my raptor where i could see the throttle arm and set it to max delay and it;s so cool to watch it slowly to back to where you have the throttle. i got mine set at .5 of a second. i have a gv-1 govener and most of time when i'm doing autos i'm in st2 which is 1850 rpm so i think the delay will help the clutch out and keep from spinning. also does the 10x and 10sx have the delay???? a buddy of mine just got 2 new raptor 90's and i know one of them he has had problems when he came out of throttle hold on a aborted auto and the heli spun around on him and one or two times stripped the tail gears. i'm going to tell him and our heli pro at our feild about it and see if it might help with the 90's having shaft drive instead of belt!!

mikey
ps thanks so much guys!!!
MadMikey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2006, 09:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

AFAIK, the 9303 is the only JR radio with that feature. I've had an original PCM10 and a 10SX-II and neither of them have it. The 8103 doesn't either. Not sure about the newest 10X. It might.
rob_jones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #23 (permalink)

oh well, thanks rob, it was a thought, i guess they need to get them a 9303!!! lol lol which i think he has 2 or 3, JR 10's

mikey
MadMikey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2006, 02:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 10X did have the throttle delay. Bought new last year. Since have gotten rid of it and am buying a 9303.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:03 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 9303 with Futaba Governor GV-1

Does Anyone know how to set up the JR9303 with a Futaba GV-1 Governor. I'm a noob..and just can't figure it out.
First what do I plug in where.. ( Aux RPM or ON Off)
I'm running it in a EVO 50
What settings would I want to input into the 9303 / and the GV-1. Any answers would be appreciated.

S.A.L.
FLYBOY2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 08:52 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's been so long since I've set up a GV-1 I can't remember how to do it! Don't you set the RPM using the screen on the controller? I think all you have to do it connect the AUX lead from the GV-1 to the GEAR channel to use it as an on/off switch. The RPM is set using the gear ratio screen and RPM screen on the GV-1 itself.

Seems like when I used one, I just went by the instructions that came with the unit. I didn't have to do any fancy programming in the radio. The 9303 does have a Governor function and it works great with the Throttle Jockey, but I never tried to use it with the GV-1 so I can't comment on well it works (or doesn't).
Old 06-29-2006, 03:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My Gear switch turns my gyro to manual and auto.

Tom
Stretched Voyager "E"
Hacker C40-8L
Hacker 40-3p esc
Thunder Power.....6000's
JR 9303
Bluefuzzyone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 9303 and Futaba GV-1

Well,
I guess I will pay a visit to Finless. If anyone can figure it out..It's him. And he 's a nice guy to boot!
I'm sure it is not that hard...It is just that I am new to heli's and definately new to Governors.

Thanks.
S.a.l...
FLYBOY2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just bought my 9303 a week ago and I have been flying planes for 6 years and that is still my primary interest but I just started doing some helis but I wanted to know if my aircraft 9303 still has all the features of the heli version.

Thanks, Chris
Old 07-10-2006, 05:14 AM   #30 (permalink)

Yes, The three position flap switch, ratcheting throttle, and the trainer button locations are the physical differences between the radios, When you turn it on it will default to a fixed wing aircraft type and you will have to purchase or download the heli manual.
I have the same radio, and removed the ratchet from the throttle, and swapped the location of the switches. JR sells the smooth tension band for the throttle BTW.
WayneBrown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

Hi,
I bought the JR 9XII (same with JR 9303) last few months but I found that my radio only came with mode 1.According to the manual,we can change the radio to mode 1 or mode 2 but i can't found the "STICK MOD" & "STICK DIR" in my system menu.
Can anybody tell me how to change it?Some of the senior flyer using the same radio told me i have to open the radio & modifield some of the hardware or component inside the radio then the "STICK MOD" & "STICK DIR" will appear in the system menu.Which component I have to set the "jumper"?Can somebody show me how to do that?

Thanks..... :?
melvin_sin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 03:23 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

G'Day,

To get into the menu which contains the stick mode etc you have to turn the radio on whilst holding the ENT button down

Cheers, Waz.

Align - T-Rex600Alu

Align - T-Rex600 Nitro Pro
wazjones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 05:16 AM   #33 (permalink)

i get into the system menu but inside the menu don't have the STICK MOD or STICK DIR.......is that my radio only can use with MODE 1??
Old 07-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

A local guy here has a 9X. I was looking it over and saw the STICK MODE in the regular menu. I just pressed "ENT" with the radio switched on and there it was. Are there different versions of the 9X?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin_sin
i get into the system menu but inside the menu don't have the STICK MOD or STICK DIR.......is that my radio only can use with MODE 1??
Is locked in Mode 1 for Japan local/region of the JR 9XII. The same radio for all other regions are not lock.
notreal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2006, 11:04 AM   #36 (permalink)

Hi,
Can somebody tell me how to "Unlock" the mode 1 because I wish to use the mode 2.Is more easier for helicopter using mode 2.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:01 AM   #37 (permalink)

i have the 9x2 and can not get it setup for my g3 sim, the pitch is setup as it would be for my trex but on the sim it doesn't work. How do you set it up for g3, any help thanks. :glasses2:
MICHAEL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2006, 04:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

G3 wont read a ccpm mix setup , you'll need to do a mccpm , ie single servo , model for it...
Peter .... Furion 6 FBL ; E,N and G Whiplash FBL ; 2 Spectra G FBL ; Stratus FBL ;MA Extreme+E Razor+N Razor +Fury 55 FBL;xcell 60+xcell 70: TSA 700N & G; TSA 600N Pro & Platinum ; All BeastX ; guided by XPS .
Peter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

A setup question...
On the JR 9X MK II, how do you guys setup Thottle Hold AND throttle Cut functions?
I have the default Throttle Hold Switch assigned and given an Idle throttle value that works great.
What switch to you assign to the cut switch and how did you set it up?
Pepacut2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2006, 03:07 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

It defaults to TRN/SN ROLL switch , go to the THRO TRIM menu , activate THRO Cut , set it to 10 points below your idle/hold setting .... all done !!!
Peter .... Furion 6 FBL ; E,N and G Whiplash FBL ; 2 Spectra G FBL ; Stratus FBL ;MA Extreme+E Razor+N Razor +Fury 55 FBL;xcell 60+xcell 70: TSA 700N & G; TSA 600N Pro & Platinum ; All BeastX ; guided by XPS .
Peter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in