Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

are the wires to the BeastX tywrapped at all? you should secure them but not closer than 1" from the unit, if they are loose this can cause the FBL unit to flake just like having them too tight or secured to close to the unit..
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

the wires arent tied or too lose,,as said b4 it flew flawlessly on the exact same set up for nearly 2 gallons of fuel and nothing has changed at all in my set up
nick.m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I reread your post. If I get it correctly this behavior appeared after you switched to extreme preset. If so, have you tried to go back to pro or sport settings?
ziper_it is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it also possible that your mounting pad has been affected by 2 gallons of exhaust residue?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You could try the GEL pad in place of the current pad and use a piece of fuel tubing and a ty-wrap to secure the BeastX, that should eliminate any vibration influences.
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Old 09-21-2011, 01:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have tried several mounting pads and at the moment im using the align gel with a velcro strap over it, same results what ever pad i use

chris i regularly change the pad,,most of the time just for something to do lol
Old 09-21-2011, 01:02 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziper_it View Post
So I reread your post. If I get it correctly this behavior appeared after you switched to extreme preset. If so, have you tried to go back to pro or sport settings?
cant say is was exactly the same time but i have tried the other presets and still the same result
Old 09-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.m View Post
i have tried several mounting pads and at the moment im using the align gel with a velcro strap over it, same results what ever pad i use

chris i regularly change the pad,,most of the time just for something to do lol
Have you tried the tywrap with a piece of fuel tubing over it instead of the velcro strap? the Tywrap is more secure and tighter.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not an easy one...
Old 09-21-2011, 11:35 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now this recall me an issue that a friend of mine had on his 700E. Tail was falling down, more evident on piros. We did some tests but gave up before finding a solution.

Talking to him about the issue lately, he confessed that the head could have been damaged and a bit bent.

I also had a similar issue, but turned out the swash wasn't level.

Just wanted to share.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If the heli is drifting in random directions then that narrows it down a bit more.

Heli has vibes
Too soft mounting pad
Faulty sensor
Pot #1 too low.

Since it sounds like you've checked just about everything else then it would lead to believe that either Pot#1 is too low or the unit is faulty. While BeastX failures don't seem to happen very often it is possible.
nwmtech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziper_it View Post
Now this recall me an issue that a friend of mine had on his 700E. Tail was falling down, more evident on piros. We did some tests but gave up before finding a solution.

Talking to him about the issue lately, he confessed that the head could have been damaged and a bit bent.

I also had a similar issue, but turned out the swash wasn't level.

Just wanted to share.
i dont think anything is bent as its never been crashed and has allways flown fantasticly since it was built and the swash has been leveled a dozen times by me and a m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwmtech View Post
If the heli is drifting in random directions then that narrows it down a bit more.

Heli has vibes
Too soft mounting pad
Faulty sensor
Pot #1 too low.

Since it sounds like you've checked just about everything else then it would lead to believe that either Pot#1 is too low or the unit is faulty. While BeastX failures don't seem to happen very often it is possible.
dont think its vibes as ive just changed starter shaft, clutch, clutch bell and liner pinion gear and starter cup,,ballanced the fan and clutch,,replaced all bearings in the heli and its now smoother than its ever been,,the beast x has allways been mounted on 1 layer of 3m thin tape with a velcro strap but since the issues ive tried all mannor of tapes and gels with no difference,,as for pot 1 well its allways flown perfectly with all pots in the preset position allthough i did try upping pot 1 but didnt like how it felt,, was almost like having to fight with it to make it turn so i put it back to its middle position,, also if it was vibes wouldnt the swash move while it was sat on the ground,,ive tried it on tarmac concrete and grass and it will sit there happily in normal idle 1 and 2 without any swash movement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in