Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My mcpx wants to flip on its own [vid inside]

Hello
No one seems to know whats wrong with it. EVERYTHING is set up correctly, servos move smooth no jitter, swash is level, nothing is reversed by accident.
Yet on takeoff, it flips to the right or left, and theres no time to correct, it does it violently.

Launched hard, gets up to 3 feet in air, flips and sucks itself into the ground right away. If i reverse pitch quickly, it does the same, except it smacks itself into the ground skids first.

Launched from holding it in hand, flips even faster, as soon as you let go, there is no hover or at least an attempt to hover, immediate flip and a very hard landing.
It doesnt have the slightest amount of tail wag let alone tbo, keeps tail locked in all the time.

So far i broke a frame, swash and set of main blades trying to hover it with no success.
Please help before i set it on fire.

Here is a vid showing its behaviour. This was a very hard launch smashing the throttle to 100% to get it in air, but had to hit th immediately because it flipped, altough not sure if its exactly visible in the vid.

Note that i can fly my Hisky Hcp100 just fine, so its not like i dont know how to fly a cp heli.
[ame]http://youtu.be/qqm4lnKv9lg[/ame]
Dirtbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is this something that just started happening? What radio are you using? Does it roll the same way every time? Have you tried re-binding the heli to the tx?
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the servo's connected to their desicnated outputs? Left left, right right and rear top? Are the servo's mounted the right way up. Maybe upside down?
Dutchdrifting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 06:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

How did I double post that?

obi

Exploring the other side of the disk: Taranis (+OrangeRX). nanoCPX (AD mild-BLv2), mCPX dbl-BL (BLHeli XP-12A/HP10+XP-7A/HP03T-4000KV), Align-AD Trex 150 (BLheli+HP8).
Obijuan Kenobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 06:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you had a good crash lately where the board may have been damaged?

So you can never get it into the air, even in a larger space and more altitude?

I had a board go bad on me, and afterward it did things like this. But if I tried really hard to concentrate, I could keep it flying...albiet awfully. Eventually, a particulary violent move to a full servo end point from the FBL would make me lose it.

Also, if I spooled up in my hand or fastened to the table, the FBL would just start working the swash almost immediately. For me, it went mostly forward elevator consistently to full servo travel unless I held it back with my stick.

I had an extra heli waiting, so I have never repaired or officially diagnosed it. But I did waste hours trying to find the cause assuming a small vibration, crack, or other subtle issue...never finding anything. That's why I am 99% sure it was for me a bad board, as the servos are now all on the spare helicopter working fine as day 1.

obi

Exploring the other side of the disk: Taranis (+OrangeRX). nanoCPX (AD mild-BLv2), mCPX dbl-BL (BLHeli XP-12A/HP10+XP-7A/HP03T-4000KV), Align-AD Trex 150 (BLheli+HP8).
Obijuan Kenobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 02:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey thanks for the replies. I bought the heli as it is. Got it from a guy that didnt really wanted to fly it because his small kids were around (said he will just crash into them) and when i suggested to take it outside, he said its too windy (but it wasnt). He was in his 40's and had a nice house, a few 450 size helis and an expensive Mercedes, so I never really suspected that he'll resort to selling a faulty heli advertised as in good condition.
The servos, canopy and carry case with display window alone are worth the asking price, but I drove for 2 hours to get it.
He had a dx6i. I have a devo7e running deviation and proper mcpx setup (tried more than one though to rule out a tx or setup problem, but they all behave the same). Servos move fine, respond correctly to any input, and they dont move without input from tx and dont jitter at all.
To further elliminate any suspicion that it could be the Tx, the thing flies a Hisky HCP100 (with transmitter module installed in tx), Blade 130x and a Walkera V120D02s without problems.
I took the mcpx to the park and over the grass gave it full throttle. Just like in the vid, it got to about 3 feet high and then flipped violently. It doesnt even go to the side, wants to do a full flip.
Does HH have a repair service for bad boards? Seems like only option left.

Heres a vid with the skids taped down to show absolutely correct movement of servos before and after spool up. They respond correctly to all inputs, and every movement in the vid is a response to my inputs, nothing on their own
Dont mind the Hisky blades, they are cheaper to crash thats why theyre on, but does the same thing with original Blade blades.
[ame]http://youtu.be/Du8TyrD4VKY[/ame]
Dirtbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 04:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Send it to this guy http://www.megasmicros.com/category_s/1856.htm

He does great work and only charges $25 to repair boards. He's worked on two of mine and I'm impressed. Have another on the way to him as we speak.
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in