Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2015, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Any K-Bar users?

Hi again.
First build for me and first CP bird too.
I have the HK 450 pro belt drive. I also picked up the HK 401B gyro. The gyro seems to work bench tested but the servo chatters when I move the gyro. It is set for a digital servo and have not messed with any other settings. I am running a E-Max ES08MD servo for the tail. The HK 401B gyro does not seem like the quality gyro for the money.
I was wondering if there are any issues with the K-Bar FBL system? It seems decent enough to learn on and more programmable than the HK 401B. Any users out there that have an opinion? The K8 comes in blue or yellow housing. Is there a difference other than color?
Any other inexpensive gyro or FBL system around that works good for a beginner?
Thanks in advance.
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fu-bar, K-bar and KV-8000 all the same.
Here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1889962
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2015, 11:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are alot of people that use that gyro, your not gonna find anyone who will talk about it too much because mikado has threatened the owner of hf w legal action. With that said, hf has taken a stance against any mention of the clone and will apparently ban members for making discussions about it. Other forums do not seem to care as much. Just a heads up buddy.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 05:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the warning.
Before the post I did a search and did not see any warning. A moderator may delete this thread at their earliest convenience.
I sincerely apologize.
Pete
Old 09-01-2015, 06:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyon187 View Post
your not gonna find anyone who will talk about it too much because mikado has threatened the owner of hf w legal action. .
I believe what was threatened was withdrawal of Mikado's advertising on HF, not 'legal action'. I'm no lawyer, but I doubt that there is anything 'illegal' in simply mentioning the 'K-word'!

Though consider that HF is under new ownership. This new owner on his other forum (RCGroups) does not take the same stance against mention of the 'K-word'. In fact on RCGroups there are long running threads specifically on that very FBL controller.

Now there is new ownership it will be interesting to see if the HF mods come down on this thread. It's not for me to tell the mods how to do their jobs, but perhaps if their fingers are hovering over the 'delete / issue warning / life ban' buttons, they might check with the new owner on his policy first?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just passing on information that ive personally read on other hf forum pages.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2015, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Am pretty sure Mikado still advertises here.........so I don't think it would be a good idea. But I could be wrong.
newbheliusr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
Am pretty sure Mikado still advertises here.........so I don't think it would be a good idea. But I could be wrong.
But as the new owner of HF is the owner of the largest RC forums in the world would Mikado withdraw advertising? It would do Mikado more damage than it would ever do the RCGroups empire.

Notable is the fact that this thread is still here and still with the word K-bar in the title.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyon187 View Post
Just passing on information that ive personally read on other hf forum pages.
My info about advertising withdrawal threat being the reason came direct from a moderator... But as i said, now HF has new owners it's likely to be different.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tried to ask a question in the Vbar thread and got people all agro about it since I was referring to my Kbar. Dont bother. Not worth your while. People would rather stir crap than help you out. Go to Rcgrups to ask mate. Or Pm me, Ive had plenty of them.
Diggiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2015, 04:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by salrica View Post
Fu-bar, K-bar and KV-8000 all the same.
Here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1889962
They aren't the same, there are quite a few differences between the various permutations of clones. The GV8000 is a perfect copy, the others all have differences (different gyro chips, some lack a working governor) All of them work pretty well.

If you want one with a working governor you need either a GV8000 a Fubar or a "legit" blue Kbar. Some sellers will put the board from a yellow Kbar in a blue case, this practice became rampant after the supply of original blue Kbars dried up. Lately a new "three board" version of the blue with a working governor has appeared. You can sort of tell by looking at the pictures if it's the three board version, assuming the seller didn't just copy the picture from somewhere.

If you plug a power lead with more than 5v into the RXA port you will fry the governor. The RPM sensor must also not be powered with more than 5v for the same reason. You can just pull 3.3v off the sat port. The Orange RPM sensor comes with a 1.25mm plug on the signal side that directly fits the sat port, just pull the grey signal lead out of the plug and crimp a servo plug on it (strip the wire then double the exposed wire back on itself for a more solid crimp) The RPM signal wire should go to the top of the RXA port not the bottom like you would think (all three pins on RXA are signal pins)
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in