Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q

4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Walkera 4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b, 4#3Q Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Heli-Max SeaCobra "AKA" Walkera 4#3Q

Hey all. I have been enjoying the Heli-Max SeaCobra helicopter which is identical to Walkeras 4#3Q heli.
I'm wondering if there is a brushless conversion kit available for it? I've been flying mine a lot and I think the motor is probably getting close to it's end. I'm currently charging up some extra battery packs to see if my old battery is just worn out. I'm hoping it's just a dead battery issue.
With old battery fully charged, it won't get more than a foot off the ground and it'll only hover for a minute. When it was brand spanking new back in January, it was awesome! I had it flying all over the place!
So, today I'm trying a different pack that's hardly been used at all and hopefully I'll be able to get higher and longer flight times.

But the biggest question is, if/when the motor cu-puts, is there a brushless conversion kit for the 4#3Q heli? I absolutely love this tiny little Cobra!

Okay, WOW! Well, I just tested my new battery on my SeaCobra and what a difference! I can go as high as I want now and has plenty of RPM. I went from the stock 400mah battery to a 600mah battery and what a difference!

Still, I wonder if I can go brushless with this thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can go brushless main and brushless tail if you want.

You will need an ESC in addition to the brushless motor.

Walkera makes a Brushless conversion kit, or you can go for Oversky (which most seem to prefer)
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Really? Tail too? Will that work on the MCPX as well? I think we all want a brushless tail for that as well!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4#3Q Double Brushless

I had / have (I converted it back to brushed) 4#3Q that was converted to double brushless. I just used normal walkera brushless motors, so I just had to use the WK-WST-10A-LTB on the main motor, and the WK-WST-10A-LTC for the tail. They plug right into the RX2425. PM if you have any questions or are going to go ahead as I was thinking about liquidating my 4#3Q stuff and I am sure I have a couple of the LTB's that I won't be able to use if I get out of the 4#3Q business.
jcssj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hello there, I see this thread has ben updated. As my flying skills are improving, I want to go back to this baby. I just absolutely love the scale look of the Cobra and it's a joy to fly. I was hoping that Walkera will reissue it in a flybarless version, but it seems they have done away with this series.
Would it be possible to use Eflite MSRX parts and convert it to flybarless and brushless? I doubt that the MSRX could handle the weight of the Cobra, and I think the Cobra is a tad larger anyway. Not much though.
It would make for an awesome micro flybarless/brushless project. I'm just not sure how far I'm willing to take it apart to modify it. I'm also not sure what pieces I would need for flybarless conversion.

Any suggestions? If I do take it all the way apart, I might even consider adding TinyBrightLights LED Nav lights to it.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

PM Sent.
Tedstrickland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedstrickland View Post
PM Sent.
Not received? Resend?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in