Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Nitro Helicopters

600 Class Nitro Helicopters 600 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Rjx header tank fell out of the bracket

Hey guys finally got around to maidening my 600. Everything was good except I went inverted and in the transition back to regular flight the header tank fell out of the bracket... If it had happened inverted... I assume it would have been bad news. Anyway, brought it down and put a rubber band on the tank to hold it in place so i could keep flying. Thant worked fine, but am interested in a more permanent solution than a rubber band. Anybody else had this issue and if so, how did you handle it?
--citizen 19-- ama#986265, W8RMB, T-Rex 700n 700e, 600n, 550X, 550e, 500 efl pro, 450 pro.. a couple of planks and a couple of quads...I am not a rep for anyone
cyclenut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at the RJX header tank, and I cannot see how the tank stays secured to the bracket.
I wouldn't have bought it.
I assume the RJX bracket is supposed to be a tight, secure fit to the outside of the tank.
And, in your case, it is not.

Most of the header tanks I've used either have ridges molded into the tank to that align with the bracket - so they kind of snap into place.
Or the bracket has a clamping action when the mounting screw is tightened (tighten the screw also tightens the bracket's grip on the tank).

How about using tie wraps?
Wrap them around the tank fore and aft of the bracket.
Then, feed a tie wrap between the bracket & the tank and loop it between the two other tie wraps.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

yeah it has ridges that sit on either side of the metal bracket on the outside of the tank ( tank came with the heli as it was used) it also leaked through the seal, but a little bit of heat shrink on the passthrough nipple fixed that. I may just build them up with some welders glue... assuming it will stick to the tank. That should provide a flexible ridge that shouldn't be bothered by the vibes... the rubber band worked well, just doesn't look good. Zip ties on either side of the bracket as long as they don't slide along the tank should work as well. I'll post back the results of whatever direction I end up going.
--citizen 19-- ama#986265, W8RMB, T-Rex 700n 700e, 600n, 550X, 550e, 500 efl pro, 450 pro.. a couple of planks and a couple of quads...I am not a rep for anyone
Old 08-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I think the welders glue did the trick. ran across it when building a twisted hobbies crack laser- it sets up and makes a nice strong flexible joint that can be peeled, or cut away easily later. I lined the inside of the bracket with it and let it set, then put the tank in- much tighter fit, and for good measure built some up on either side of the bracket.. I don't think the header tank will come out again unless I want it to.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My headers on both my 700 and 600 are attached with 3M 411 tape. They haven't ever moved. Make sure you clean both surfaces with alcohol before attaching.
meowguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 01:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowguy View Post
My headers on both my 700 and 600 are attached with 3M 411 tape. They haven't ever moved. Make sure you clean both surfaces with alcohol before attaching.
This, but scratch the heck out of the tank and header tank first. I had much better results scarring up the surfaces that I was using the tape on.
jbaum81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could just squeeze the sides of the bracket in a little so it is tighter.
ChuckL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2015, 05:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is install with silicone and It's been great for 4 years.I did'nt even use the bracket.
wallra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 02:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

No bracket, no silicone, cheap and clean method to attach the header:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexatu View Post
Here's my solution for attaching the header tank… you only need 4 zipties. One goes above, one below and you tension them on the other side of the frame using the 'heads' of another two zipties. Fast, clean, cheap, white as the tanks, no risk of coming off like double side sticky tape, no silicon used.
PS: this procedure is copyrighted [emoji1]
Attachment 583460 Attachment 583461
Alexatu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

...so the welder so glue was great... But only got 2 flights before the bracket itself broke... Not sure how old it was since I got it used... So now the header taken is 3m vhb'd to the main tank 😀

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in