Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters > 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters

500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters 500 Pro Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 500pro with a skookum 540

Picked up a sk540 and did my maidens with it today. Wow what a improvement over the 3gx.
sresener is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pretty much the same thought I had when I put the vbar on the 500 no more bobble in fast forward flight. And tail got a lot better as well. Whole heli just tracks better.
leedawg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a 450 pro that I've been testing several different FBL systems, including V-Bar, Skookum 720, Microbeast, and 3GX.

What I've found is that if you know how each work and how to properly tune them they will all fly pretty much the same.

I tried the 3GX recently and out of the box (after the initial setup) it flew like crap. Actually, stationary maneuvers like piro flips, tic tocs, and even rainbows and such were great, but as soon as I tried fast forward, hurricanes, or funnels, it bobbled all over the place. After talking to one of the 3GX guys at my field, I upped the alieron, and elevator gain reduced the "self-centering" speed, and now it is perfectly locked in in FF flight.

The 3gx is still not my favorite though, but it's not because of how it flies. If I were to have four identical helis, all properly setup and tuned with four different flybarless systems, It would be virtually impossible for me to blindly figure out which was which by just flying it.

Among the FBL systems I really like the Microbeast the best. It is by far the easiest to setup and do tuning at the field.

If I wanted to chose one of the more expensive units, the reason would be to get the excellent governor support, I would go with the SK-720 over the V-bar because I love the logging on the Skookum. I haven't tried a 540 yet, although sounds like a great deal, although It still won't beat the microbeast in terms of ease of use.
dtabuenc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in