Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 01:59 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Chop Chop View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfIMHREse0
I thought for visibility, to do a quick pitch pump test at home. Still holding beautifully but it doesn't help when you lose orientation whilst inverted.

I love this little thing.
If you want to get the most out of this setup, try to remove the rotor on the left and then re-insert flipped 180 degrees.
From your photo, the left rotor is rather battered, you should replace it with a new one.

I am convinced that the 120SR tail motor+rotor has more potential than the dual coreless, although it is very likely to exhibit a pronounced tail wag.
Thus, it is necessary that all components are in health to have the highest standards of performance during extreme maneuvers.

I happened to fly with one partially damaged motor and was able to notice only in large backward loopings. Replaced the damaged tail motor, there isn't a maneuver of my current repertoire that the tail is not able to perform to perfection
liftbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna001 View Post
What I think liftbag is trying to say is you are running one of your tail blades backwards, not very efficient.
Yeah sorry I didn't say I changed already before my initial flight but I caught that after looking at my shots which I mentioned in post #50. Cheers
Quote:
... Not sure on the performance of the off-set motors how it's positioned so I'll have to report back when everything's finished and test flight. Gotta fix the inner tailblade too...

So there you go, prototype of RKH's double tail mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftbag View Post
If you want to get the most out of this setup, try to remove the rotor on the left and then re-insert flipped 180 degrees.
From your photo, the left rotor is rather battered, you should replace it with a new one.

I am convinced that the 120SR tail motor+rotor has more potential than the dual coreless, although it is very likely to exhibit a pronounced tail wag.
Thus, it is necessary that all components are in health to have the highest standards of performance during extreme maneuvers.

I happened to fly with one partially damaged motor and was able to notice only in large backward loopings. Replaced the damaged tail motor, there isn't a maneuver of my current repertoire that the tail is not able to perform to perfection
Most definitely take that into consideration. Was only checking it out to see if it actually worked and if it caused any shutdowns to the 3in1 with this mod using stock motor. Today was the first time I flew it with the mod. But you're abslolutely correct that optimal performance is obtained with brand spanking new equipment. I love this mod!
Old 08-23-2011, 02:36 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yeah sorry I didn't say I changed already before my initial flight but I caught that after looking at my shots which I mentioned in post #50. Cheers

Most definitely take that into consideration. Was only checking it out to see if it actually worked and if it caused any shutdowns to the 3in1 with this mod using stock motor. Today was the first time I flew it with the mod. But you're abslolutely correct that optimal performance is obtained with brand spanking new equipment. I love this mod!
I'm just curious if you have some shutdown with the stock main motor
It happened to me with the 120SR tail motor used with the stock main motor.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know where I can buy the mcpx tail assembly without a motor?

All I want is the motor mount so I can try this mod out.

All the ones I've found come with the motor, so far I've only been able to find a 120 sr tail assembly without the motor.
mrjuggles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjuggles View Post

All the ones I've found come with the motor, so far I've only been able to find a 120 sr tail assembly without the motor.
Blade does not sell the mCPX tail motor mount separately.
mCPX w/MH Swash, rotor hub, grips, tail motor mount, CF tail fin, RKH main frame/boom supports, AeoRC C05M BL motor, XP7A, thesteve convertor, ext CF rod boom, soldered larger guage tail wires, SR120 tail w/cut down SR120 blade
brianp6621 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp6621 View Post
Blade does not sell the mCPX tail motor mount separately.
Maybe Rakonheli will sell a double tail motor mount in near future...

---
- Sent from Tapatalk app
Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you tried making one of these with epoxy/micro balloons instead of melting them together? It seems like it would be easier and come out just the same. Just a thought.

Also, any info/pics on how you made the new version that eliminates twisting force on the boom?

And lastly... what would you recommend for someone who has no SR120 tail motor wires to use? Is this something you can order by itself?

[ SAB Goblin ][ Trex 450 Pro ]
Azlum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlum View Post
Have you tried making one of these with epoxy/micro balloons instead of melting them together? It seems like it would be easier and come out just the same. Just a thought.
It's a good idea, why not?

Quote:
Also, any info/pics on how you made the new version that eliminates twisting force on the boom?
Tomorrow I'll ppst some pics.

Quote:
And lastly... what would you recommend for someone who has no SR120 tail motor wires to use? Is this something you can order by itself?
You can use two couple of stock wires instead of thicker wires.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.116651,9.843910
- Sent from Tapatalk app
Old 08-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlum View Post
You can use the Radio Shack 3-pack of magnet wire:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2036277

It's the middle thickness, the 26AWG. That's the same thickness as the 120SR wire.
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2011, 02:50 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you have an old 12v or 6v charger or similar that you don't need , take it apart and use the wire from that. That's what I used.
TBS Discovery FPV
dna001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Rakonheli double coreless tail motor mount

They are well advanced with the design.
I think it will, light, cheap and durable, because made of delrin

Last edited by liftbag; 09-06-2011 at 12:38 AM..
Old 08-28-2011, 05:07 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftbag View Post
I'm just curious if you have some shutdown with the stock main motor
It happened to me with the 120SR tail motor used with the stock main motor.
Only using stock batteries:[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMjEKFRkWnU[/ame]
Although, I'm back to using single as a result of the negative wire snapping off where it goes into the motor. I ordered a few 4G3 tail motors from ChineseJade last night so until then, it's single with blowouts for me....unless my pinion and puller comes for my BL convert comes in. I think I've waited long enough
Old 09-04-2011, 03:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi every boddy

Where can you find bmcx2 motor without pinion pls?

Reynhold
Reynhold is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just curious if anyone has tried dual coreless, and 120SR, and which you prefer? My HP05S is really more than my tail can properly handle, so I need to modify my tail.

I have a spare tail assembly, which I can rework into a dual coreless, so I am planning to do that. I don't do 3D. Or if I do, it's by accident, and it's while I'm crashing But just curious if people have tried both, and felt really strongly about one or the other. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I tried an attempt at dual coreless today. Short form- wow! That is really nice.

I wanted to try it without disassembling my whole tail setup (direct-soldered 26AWG wire, etc). I slightly modified a 2nd tail holder (drilled out the flat with a 2mm drill bit, and cut a 45 degree angle with an Xacto knife). Slid that onto the boom, then slid the stock tail holder onto the end of the boom. Just pushed them against each other for testing. Did a really ugly soldering/wiring job, again, just to test it.

I'm using 2 stock motors. And the lack of useful motor leads (each is under 1" long, I'd say) makes it a lot tougher. I can see the benefit of using 2 mCX2 motors, with actual leads attached. At the end of my test, I fatigued one solder joint, and it broke off, so I need to figure out if I can solder some more wire to the tiny piece left on the motor. Make sure to hold the motor leads in place, so that if anything fatigues, it's an easily-replaced piece of wire.

I used the 7" (178mm) tail boom I had installed. That is much, much too long for 2 motors. My CoG was WAY off. But, to its credit, it flew fine. I did get a lot of up & down porpoising in FFF. I think the long tail boom is too flexy for that much unsupported weight, and the tail basically started bouncing up & down.

But the tail was awesome. It was locked in solidly. Pitch pumps didn't make it move, and it had plenty of power to bring the tail around in the middle of a turn. Granted, this is using a very long tail boom.

I will try redoing it with a shorter boom, and will hopefully improve my wiring connections. But thank you, liftbag, I was very impressed by my brief test.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjuggles View Post

If you are looking for a stock plastic tail motor mount pm me. I think I have one or two extras that you are welcome to if you still need one
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
I tried an attempt at dual coreless today. Short form- wow! That is really nice.

I wanted to try it without disassembling my whole tail setup (direct-soldered 26AWG wire, etc). I slightly modified a 2nd tail holder (drilled out the flat with a 2mm drill bit, and cut a 45 degree angle with an Xacto knife). Slid that onto the boom, then slid the stock tail holder onto the end of the boom. Just pushed them against each other for testing. Did a really ugly soldering/wiring job, again, just to test it.

I'm using 2 stock motors. And the lack of useful motor leads (each is under 1" long, I'd say) makes it a lot tougher. I can see the benefit of using 2 mCX2 motors, with actual leads attached. At the end of my test, I fatigued one solder joint, and it broke off, so I need to figure out if I can solder some more wire to the tiny piece left on the motor. Make sure to hold the motor leads in place, so that if anything fatigues, it's an easily-replaced piece of wire.

I used the 7" (178mm) tail boom I had installed. That is much, much too long for 2 motors. My CoG was WAY off. But, to its credit, it flew fine. I did get a lot of up & down porpoising in FFF. I think the long tail boom is too flexy for that much unsupported weight, and the tail basically started bouncing up & down.

But the tail was awesome. It was locked in solidly. Pitch pumps didn't make it move, and it had plenty of power to bring the tail around in the middle of a turn. Granted, this is using a very long tail boom.

I will try redoing it with a shorter boom, and will hopefully improve my wiring connections. But thank you, liftbag, I was very impressed by my brief test.
You are welcome.
Today, I'm still impressed with this tail mod

PS
I suggest you shorten the tail boom. I'm flying with 140mm tail boom at over 6000rpm head speed with the Xtreme Spin motor, and the tail keeps perfectly

Last edited by liftbag; 09-06-2011 at 12:40 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOctobyr View Post
Just curious if anyone has tried dual coreless, and 120SR, and which you prefer? My HP05S is really more than my tail can properly handle, so I need to modify my tail.

I have a spare tail assembly, which I can rework into a dual coreless, so I am planning to do that. I don't do 3D. Or if I do, it's by accident, and it's while I'm crashing But just curious if people have tried both, and felt really strongly about one or the other. Thanks.
I've done both, and fly 3d. With the C05 the twin tail is fine, but with an HP05s the SR120 motor with a 4G3 prop, for me, holds better.

I used to have issues of flying vertical straight up tail first, with the twin tail it would slip about an inch to the right, but with the SR120 and 4g3 (HM-4G3-Z-25) its locked solid. I only tried it after watching Bert Kammerer's video (with the stock SR120 prop it was not as good).
Old 09-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs dont fly View Post
I've done both, and fly 3d. With the C05 the twin tail is fine, but with an HP05s the SR120 motor with a 4G3 prop, for me, holds better.

I used to have issues of flying vertical straight up tail first, with the twin tail it would slip about an inch to the right, but with the SR120 and 4g3 (HM-4G3-Z-25) its locked solid. I only tried it after watching Bert Kammerer's video (with the stock SR120 prop it was not as good).
I just tried the double coreless tail with the HP06V2 16200Kv main motor and 9T pinion.
Head speed is about 7400 rpm and the helicopter is basically a dragster

I have shorten the main shaft of 3 mm to reduce vibration and raise as much as possible the center of gravity. In the inverted hovering the swashplate disappears inside the mTDR-CPX canopy, like a real TDR

In this photo you see as the head linkage guide is at height of the swash guide. It is usually well above.

For the tail I used a 143mm long carbon rod and I used two new motors, a CCW and CW bmcx2.
The tail is assembled with the new Rakonheli prototype.

The tail is incredibly strong, rock solid and no tail blow out, you would not believe.

The sooner I'll try to make a short video (really short, battery last 2' 30" with this setup).

Last edited by liftbag; 09-06-2011 at 12:41 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 08:40 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try inverted fast backwards then pull it straight up, my twin tail always slipped a little, everything else was ok, just tail first straight up gave me the issues.

I already shortened my mainshaft By accident I drilled the holes in the wrong place when I was making a new one.

I like your twin tail hoops, are they yours or from RKH?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in