Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Who Still Want's One?

Okay, with the introduction of the MCPX, I want to know this.
Who still want's a T100? Let's not fight over which is better, or that their competing with each other or any of that crap.

I just want to know who still wants one? I'm still thinking about it just simply because I have two 450's and a 250 and it would be cool to have a little T100 next to the 250.

I'm definitely getting one of the MCPX's as well. After all, they are different species.

Who actually has one and do you like it despite the fact that it is NOT CP, and it still has that ancient device called a flybar?

Please, lets not compare it with MCPX here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't want one in the first place as there isn't a bind and fly version. Will be getting the mcpx

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

discoferret is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoferret View Post
Didn't want one in the first place as there isn't a bind and fly version.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Dittos.

I think you can find your answer in the fact that there has only been 350+ posts in the entire Trex 100 section.
As opposed to 17,600+ views in the last two days for just one thread on the mcpx.
Pretty pathetic.
Serves them right for trying to sell us that repackaged crap in the first place.

I think its pretty funny that the mcpx was 2yrs in developement and on the boat to the distributors and Align had no clue.
HammerHead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The T100 truly can't be dead in the water can it?
Old 02-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanted the Trex 100, but now Horizon Hobby dropped the mSR another $5 and that WILL bind to my DX6i. Also the mCP X is only $164.99 BNF at A Main Hobbies (add to the cart), so I think the choice is obvious. I don't think the Trex 100 has a chance, Align should have stayed with what they are good at.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

DOA

The only people that are gonna buy this are T-Rex fanboy completists...

A few will be purchased as birthday presents by the random soccer mom who unwittingly stumbled across it at one of the 2 hobby stores in the US that will actually carry it in stock.
antmeeks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

8 hours since the question was asked. Not 1 person responded that they still want one. The people have spoken.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81 Shark View Post
8 hours since the question was asked. Not 1 person responded that they still want one. The people have spoken.
...or maybe people are just sick and tired of people in the 100 forum taking this waaaay too seriously. I know I am.
Dudes - it's a toy. It is meant as a fun little thing to fly around inside when you got nothing else to do.
There is no way I am mistaking this for a real R/C helicopter - this or a Blade or whatever else these things are called. I still think it is fun, and my wife and 3 yo daughter can fly it too.
That's why I got one - and why I think others should get one too (or something similar).

Until people start having fun, it is over and out from me for the 100 forum.

PS: DNFTT
Edvard R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2011, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

I'm getting the mCpx the 100 looks like the msr witch I already have. No need wasting money on the100 when u can get mCPx bnf for 179.00 with two battiers and a charger and extra set of blades. I know its going to bind to my 9503. Plus the 100 u cant get it in bnf and thats an extra tx you half to take around. God is Good

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the reasons I pre-ordered the 100 is that I have never owned an Align product before and since I have no ambitions towards inverted flight, this seems the right move for an old "scale flight" type guy like me. The main reason that the new 100 is attractive to me is that I owned and subsequently sold two MSRs because of a very annoying tail twitch during hover. It seems from the videos that the T-Rex 100 does not exhibit this issue. Oh well, I'll find out one way or another when they finally ship.
CCbusa05 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Wow, T100 gets no love. How sad.................
Old 02-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The price gap between the mcp X and the Trex 100 is enough to make the Trex a viable option. If the mcpx was $140 including transmitter, then Align would be in trouble. But the price is $220, so it's obvious that the target markets are completely different. They are very different heli's so I'm not even sure why people are comparing the two. It's like saying the Blade 400 is a was a big mistake because Align offers a Trex 550e FBL.

In my opinion, the mcpx may sound like a cool little copter, but as a strategic business decision, it's a comparatively poor move and priced poorly. It's targeting a very tiny market when compared to the Trex 100 market. When someone thinks of buying a learning how to fly a CP heli, the mcpx will be last on the list. They would likely be thinking 250 to 450 class. But if someone is thinking of an indoor heli to bump around the house, then they would be thinking MCX, Solo Pro and now.... Trex 100. The latter is a huge market and its a market segment that is lacking a pro brand like Align. So I think it's the correct strategic move and will make Align a lot of money. And that's good for all of us because that money can be diverted to R&D towards something we all want like a Trex 1000e FBL.

As for me, I already have a 4g6s and have no interest in either the mcpx or T100.
Walkera 4G6S
Heli-dood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-dood View Post
The price gap between the mcp X and the Trex 100 is enough to make the Trex a viable option. If the mcpx was $140 including transmitter, then Align would be in trouble. But the price is $220, so it's obvious that the target markets are completely different. They are very different heli's so I'm not even sure why people are comparing the two. It's like saying the Blade 400 is a was a big mistake because Align offers a Trex 550e FBL.

In my opinion, the mcpx may sound like a cool little copter, but as a strategic business decision, it's a comparatively poor move and priced poorly. It's targeting a very tiny market when compared to the Trex 100 market. When someone thinks of buying a learning how to fly a CP heli, the mcpx will be last on the list. They would likely be thinking 250 to 450 class. But if someone is thinking of an indoor heli to bump around the house, then they would be thinking MCX, Solo Pro and now.... Trex 100. The latter is a huge market and its a market segment that is lacking a pro brand like Align. So I think it's the correct strategic move and will make Align a lot of money. And that's good for all of us because that money can be diverted to R&D towards something we all want like a Trex 1000e FBL.

As for me, I already have a 4g6s and have no interest in either the mcpx or T100.
The mCP X comes in BNF and that is only $154.99 at the Barn Floor. Price gap suddenly isn't so big. I guess Futaba/ Hitec/ Walkera/ Airtronics guys will have to decide as they do have the price gap, Spektrum guys, not so much.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 02-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

unfortunate BIG FAIL on Aligns part. Good timing by e-flite.
krkHELI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sheeple with iphones will get the Align
Old 02-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard R View Post

Until people start having fun, it is over and out from me for the 100 forum.

PS: DNFTT

Looks like you wont have anyone to talk to anyway
HammerHead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is how I look at it. I saw it and thought that's cool, Align came out with an mSR. All the fanbois will be raving about it. If I were to get a micro heli, it would be the mSR. (I already have one BTW) Why? Because it can easily be found in your LHS. Yes, I know the T100 is still new, but I'm willing to bet it'll never be as widespread as the mSR. Plus, the mSR is able to bind to your favorite Spektrum/JR radio. Another point to mention is the battery. The mSR shares the same battery with a number of proven UMs.

With that said, I'm sure Align has their version of a mCP X in works. That'll be worth raving about. (I own 0 Align products.) Of course, YMMV.
Planes: Crack Yak, Habu, F-27Q Stryker, T-28D, UM P-51D, P-51 BL, UM SU-26XP, P-47D, UMX Beast v1 & 3D, UMX Sbach 342, UMX Extra 300 3D, UM F-27Q Stryker, H9 Mustang 40, UM Mosquito, Sky Angel 650mm Mustang/550mm FW190, FMS B-25, 64mm Mig-15 XG11 DX8
ElIntocable is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

e
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Looks like you wont have anyone to talk to anyway
except for maybe the crickets...
antmeeks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not mind getting a couple to try out. It is 2/3 of the price of a CB100 that I used to teach kids at school. Also tried MSR but that artificial-stability thing is really not a popular thing. Guess I will find out how it compares between the two.
oldsb42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsb42 View Post
I do not mind getting a couple to try out. It is 2/3 of the price of a CB100 that I used to teach kids at school. Also tried MSR but that artificial-stability thing is really not a popular thing. Guess I will find out how it compares between the two.
Double brushless CB100s are only $129.99.
http://www.xheli.com/walkeraheli-cb1...l-rtf-lcd.html
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in