Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 12:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default In Case You Ever Doubted The Goblin Belt Tail

Approximately 2:20, BK totally sticks the tail into the ground... cuts up and spits out a huge spray of dirt and grass, bogs the motor down from the tail digging in so deep... and keeps on flying. Try that with a TT. Crazy video.

Bert Kammerer - Goblin 630 Demo Flight - 2012 Orlando Helicopter Blowout (4 min 44 sec)
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2015, 06:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounded like my lawn mower bogging on long grass.

holy smokes.

I love my 630
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2015, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^ hahaha yea it did!! Love my 630 as well
raptorz499 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was there for that... It was even more impressive in person. :-)
Old 11-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ha. Glad you guys liked it as much as me. I was blown away. Agreed. The 630 has got to be one of the best helicopters ever made. Its just the perfect size IMO.

I thought when the tail was spinning.. he lost tail control. Surprise! Lol. He keeps on ripping it.

I've seen a local pilot do some spot landing rough autos where the blades tip over... the tail blades hit the ground or plants... and man that thing just keeps on ticking. No problems.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC/DC_5000 View Post
Ha. Glad you guys liked it as much as me. I was blown away. Agreed. The 630 has got to be one of the best helicopters ever made. Its just the perfect size IMO.

I thought when the tail was spinning.. he lost tail control. Surprise! Lol. He keeps on ripping it.

I've seen a local pilot do some spot landing rough autos where the blades tip over... the tail blades hit the ground or plants... and man that thing just keeps on ticking. No problems.
The tail blade ends split and he continued the flight. If I remember correctly, the tail spindle wasn't even bent. The hole in the ground was about 2" deep.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, fantastic video!
Did he hit throttle hold out of precaution or did the motor just bog very hard? hard to tell
mr. mark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2015, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. mark View Post
Yeah, fantastic video!
Did he hit throttle hold out of precaution or did the motor just bog very hard? hard to tell
I'm pretty sure TH was hit after impact if at all. I've stabbed my tail into the ground about that hard and recovered with my G700, albeit nowhere near as spectacular as the way Bert did it that day. :-)
Old 11-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
OC Helifreak

for sure its tough Ive gone through 3 sets of 115s from chewing through our crappy poly surface with my Urukay and not one belt
Mamba DA70
Airboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

For sure... The way he planted it in the ground so deep...almost like he did it on purpose. Guess he got a little mixed up which way he was gonna smack it. :-)

I tried to auto onto a small sheet wood board the other day... I missed the damn board and landed with the tail blades just beating the wood to death. Not only was the tail belt fine.. the tail blades were fine as well. They just folded up and barely hit with every turn. They look basically brand new. Can't even tell.

Though its not all fun and roses. The ABEC-5 bearings don't appreciate our carelessness. Thats for sure. Might get some popping and knocking sooner rather than later. I did. Even there... SAB charges like 5 bucks for bearings lol. Its crazy low maintenance.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Torque tube comparison. You can hear the gears strip as Bert digs the tail in.

Bert Kammerer - Alpine Heli Smackdown 2011 ( #2 flight - Crash) (2 min 8 sec)
Old 11-21-2015, 03:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice video! Not only did the TT fail to dig up any grass... it immediately crashed afterwards with zero drive left. Game over and more damage to the heli.. probably taking out the cyclic servos as well.

BK is insane. I love how he intentionally plays with touching the main blades to the ground. That was some low smack.

I thought it was neat when I can make weeds blow that are 3 feet tall. He makes grass blow that is three inches tall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in