Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beware of 1BOHO

Goes by 1BOHO on here his info is Hugh Hargett.

Long story short me and a friend paid this guy to rewind our motors. We were pretty specific about the KV needed. He wound them wrong, and refused to fix it, then held the motors hostage for payment.

I had to pay the guy to get our motors back. They just arrived and I promptly tested both with an LC meter. One has a bad winding, the other seems to have ok windings but is outside of the usable KV range.

He is a little nutty, we had a bit of a bump on the road, and I should have trusted my gut and just had him send it back.

I'll list the PM's and emails below.
jbaum81 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

A bit of a mess, but preserved for authenticity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BOHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerfab
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerfab
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi, Jason I received the motors today. I havent had time to take them apart but i was taken aback by an empty stator on the pyro. The screws that hold the stator on the carrier have been removed as well. They were not included in the package anywhere so How can I test the motor without them. Look like ill have to find the Allen screws to go back in there. Were they set screws or did they have a cap head. I wonder because it doesnt look like theres enuf clearance for cap heads. I wont have the 1.5mm till friday . I hope this wont be a problem. If it is maybe we can explore other winding options The original was 1.25 so I do have 1.32mm here if you guys want to go that route. Until then I have to figur out what im going to do about the missing screws. Im sure they arent in there because the stator is freely rotating around the carrier.

LMK
Hubert
Hubert, Funny thing about those screws. They were never there, and that's why that motor burnt. Frank bought a 770 with that motor installed. First time he pitch pumped it the motor squealed and went up into smoke. We noticed the stater spinning around immediately after, and there was precisely zero trace of those screws.

I unwound it myself and was going to do a 6t delta for Frank, until I ran across you and your more advanced winding options. I assumed you would have spare screws laying around, I forgot to dig through my stock for some before shipping that out. I also took very detailed notes as I unwound it if you need that, but from what I've read online it was just a standard 6t delta wind.

Also the OD of the wire was measured at 1.21mm using a digital caliper. I don't think Frank is in a huge hurry on his Motor (the Pyro), and mine is going on my new Protos Max V2 that (as far as I know) hasn't been shipped from Europe yet. No huge rush on either.
It isnt a problem but Its only right I tell you. U guys trusted me with nice motors I want to be worthy and keep an open line. Just how I do things. I will get it straight no issues.

Thank u Jason Ill definitely send you photos of the progress. God I wish I had the 1.5 so I could wind at least one tonight.

I keep you abroad.

Hubert.
Enjoy, I think you said their both getting 1.5 right? That should keep our combined costs lower

Oh and on a side note I believe I did mention before but that pyro burnt. The state of the coils was pretty nasty so you may need to pay extra close attention to the enamel on the stator, unless your planning to use that fabric insulator stuff. But don't let me tell you how to do your job .

Be sure to reply all, so Frank see's these messages as well.
Hi guys,
Frank you pyro is halfway done. I think you will be very pleased. As I understand it is the most efficient wind for the pyro 800 so it was a good choice. Jason your Xnova will begin as soon as its done you know its getting the XTS treatment. Im thinking the middle of next week because the fiberglass insulation is not here yet. I got the wire yesterday and started immediately.

Thank you again.
Hugh
looks great and sounds like it will be a kick ass motor thanks for the great work

Okay Frank you are the happy owner of a 7 + 7 in 15 ga. Now my hands need a good night rest and on to the xnova.

Hope you guys like it. It wasnt easy.

TTYS

BTW I stripped the xnova the other day it was 17 strands of 28 Ga. small stuff but it was full not nearly as much potential increase as the pyro but the stator design is excellent so it it will be a great motor . Bet it was a pretty solid performer out the gate. Were going to shoot for The XTS winding of 4 + 5 in 15 ga.

Looks great so far!!

Let's see the "ugly" side
Excuse me.....

Be careful I busted my ass to accomplish this wind thats why only one other person on this forum has Ralf Okon the forum God. I never solicited my service I was asked and I indicated I do it for fun. Im an engineer not a hobby motor winder. I wanted to do a 5 + 5 and was asked to do an 8 + 6 which is 14 turns so I did a 7 + 7 14 turns same thing. I guess people clearly have no idea the dificulty and pain your hands are left in pulling on this wire. When Im done ill let you know I can recieve payment and Ill send the motors right away. U dont knock a man who takes pride in his work. I busted my ass to make this happen for you. For not nearly what Im sure people are payin so go easy......

Listen pal, I deal with enough crazy with my ex wife. I don't know what your malfunction is, but I can guarantee you that it certainly wasn't intended the way you took it.

Just finish up the Pyro for Frank and let me know what I owe you. You can send the Xnova back, I'll do it myself or find someone that doesn't have such a sensitive ego.
No ego but who would I only show u a " GOOD SIDE" 8 have nothing to hide or deceive u for . I brought the wire and everything including the screws that were left out. This is definitely the wrong attitude to take for the time and effort put forth to please u. Are u not pleased the wind u were going to do is 175 percent less copper do u really want to go that route simply because I'm telling u I went to bat a thousand for u? I only quoted u 125.00 . Have you really taken the time to realise the wind I just did for you. The way I have tried to keep u updated and comfortable by keeping u updated. If u really want to try to wind the xNova for the first time winding in a 4 + 5 in this wire ga I will let u but I have to say I really don't think it will be as simple as u think. Since the Pyro belongs to Frank maybe he can ease the tension here but I'm sorry Jason u taking the wrong attitude . I have no reason to hide any sides from u and I would not return anything to you that I wouldn't accept for myself. I guess I don't understand why u aren't pleased and if u really wanted to tackle this u didnt. The way u met me is I was the one answering the majority of your question and provided the links for the materials.

How do want to handle this. You don't want me to wind your xNova?

Hugh
Hugh:

We have a serious misunderstanding between us. I think this is something that would be better resolved over the phone. Give me a call 209-712-3331, let's get this mess straightened out and put all this nonsense behind us. This needs to be a positive experience for all of us.
Hello guys Im at work right now but the insulation came in and looks great. Im just going to finish the motors and get them out to you. I hope they will please you.

Take care.
Hugh
Hugh, in my previous message i mentioned i would like to speak over the phone so we can work this mess out. I wanted to tell you that i did appreciate you doing the motors for us and at no point did I ever mean to convey nor did I ever feel anything but excitment over this whole thing. What you took negatively was in NO way watsoever intended to be negative. Again very nice work so far, appreciate the updates.

I know frank is excited to get his motor reinstalled in his goblin, but has one in it already. Mine will be going into my protos which i will leikely not have in hand until week after next. I dont think there is any sense of urgency from Frank, and I know Im not in a huge rush.

Fyi i will be paying for both motors. I made a trade with frank so let me know the total for each and ill pay both.

Thanks Hugh!
Hey Jason,

Ive been there where you are before with a custody battle the whole nine. lets just say we both were having a bad day. Im not going to do rush work dont worry because I really want you to get a good motor. The wire i wound it with is indeed a bit larger so you may be the only one on the forum with such a beast. after investigation I found out the 1.5mm the guys from europe are winding is equivalent to 14.7 gauge so yes their wind is truly a bit smaller than what you got.

I wont receive any money until your motors have been completed and tested for proper operation.

Thank you for you consideration and I hope I can help some other member out in your club.

Were more than good I have no ill will. Maybe I was being a bit sensitive about the work. U certainly have the right to see any part of the motor you choose. I just didnt want you to think id scam you and hide shotty work.

I hope I didnt move to slowly for frank but tell him I will be getting another kontronics 800 40L and will rewind it and put it up for sale so maybe we can work out a core exchange with a reduced cost.

Hugh
Hey Hugh, any progress? Just found out my Max V2 just shipped, starting to get excited. No rush, just checking in..

Also not sure I follow on the whole core thing with Franks motor..
Everything is good the motors will be en route no later than Wednesday.
AWESOME!!!!

I'll cover priority, just let me know how much and I'll get you covered. Thanks dude, really appreciate it!!!!
Hello Jason the motors go out first thing in the morning Im done with them. 1 need 270.00 plus 5 dollars for the shipping. Thats 135. per motor with the wire and supplies. Plus the shipping. $275.00
I really can do better I was just a bit nervous this being my first time doing it for someone.

You can paypal payment to <<email address removed >>. I'll print the shipping label and get you a tracking number as soon as payment is recieved. What I was saying is I will be getting another pyro 800 so if you have another i will exchange it for a awoind one for 135 and the motor - a core basically.

Hope you guys like these I did the best I could ..

Xnova

Pyro

TTYL
Hugh

I don't think you give yourself enough credit, those look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back for me.

Jason Baumgarte
505 Pioneer #77
Lodi, CA 95240

Send your paypal so I can send you some money.

Anything special we need to know about these things? Just solder on connectors and go? Can you recommend timing and PWM for both?

Thanks a million dude, I just built my Protos last night I'm incredibly excited to get the motor for it...

The pyro is 480 Kv and the Xnova is 580 Kv . Yes simply make sure the connectors are soldered on good. No cold solder joints. They are bot YY winds so timing from 12 to 18 degrees should be good.

My paypal addy is << email address removed >>.

I have the boxed and ready to go as soon as the paypal comes through I can pack the shipping label give you a tracking number and mail them In the am.

Thanks for the compliment but I can do better . Just a bit conservative when working on someone elses stuff.

Let me know how things go.

Hugh

Last edited by TheBum; 12-18-2015 at 02:08 PM..
Old 11-23-2015, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turns out Hugh got benched for some other unrelated issues, so this is a message I got from another member being forwarded from him. Odd.....

he wanted to get paid, yet did the job wrong and knew he did.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.Lucas
Hello ,
Hugh aske me to answer ,so i forward his e mail .
There is his e mailadress ,so you contact him .

I dont know why the one guy Jbaum is contacting me public on helifreaks all he needs to do is send my payment. and has my paypal. No motors leave here until im paid LOL

-----Original Message-----
To: hhargett << email address removed >>
Sent: Wed, Nov 18, 2015 5:19 pm
Subject: Re: Helifreaks

Regardes
Christian Lucas

Last edited by TheBum; 12-18-2015 at 02:09 PM..
Old 11-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some emails Below:

Ur motors are going out today hope you enjoy them. Im not tearing all that work back down for 65 kv im sorry I will not do it. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you
Hugh

To: Hugh H. << email address removed >>
Sent: Thu, Nov 19, 2015 12:18 pm
Subject: Re: Motors

Hugh:

With all due respect, from your response I suspect very highly that you do not understand the application in which these motors will be used, nor do you understand that which was requested. I will explain.

First let's talk about the the Xnova and the application it is intended for. It was to go into a Protos Max V2 running a 12s Setup. The requested KV was to be as close to 500 as possible. 500KV * 12 cells * 3.7v (nominal voltage) gives around a 22,200 RPM through a 9.5:1 gear ratio nets an approximate head speed of 2100. My target head speed is 2050, so the ESC will run slightly under 100%. What you have provided is 580KV which is 25,752 RPM at nominal voltage and the lowest possible gear ratio is 10.56:1 netting a head speed closer to 2200 RPM. This higher RPM will require a lower throttle percentage which can potentially cause damage to the ESC's, None of which I own have active freewheeling. Even if I did have an ESC with active freewheeling I would be forced to run a pinion with a smaller contact area thus reducing the overall power output that can be obtained prior to slippage. 500KV was originally requested over a 6t delta, you were pretty insistent to do another type of wind and eventually we settled on the 480KV XTS style wind. What I got is a 21% higher KV than what we decided on, this is not insignificant.

I'm not going to go into all the gearing on the 770 for the Pyro, but the exact same principals apply in this application as well. On a 14s setup there isn't a pinion small enough to get Frank to his target head speed and would also require additional load on the ESC running partial throttle. 414KV was requested 480KV was provided that's a 16% difference, also not insignificant.

Please provide tracking when you ship. Thank You.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 2:40 AM, << email address removed >> wrote:
What you wanted was a 8 + 6 which was 414kv on the pyro in 1.4 mm what u got is a 6 + 6 for 485 a difference of 71 kv on the xnova what we discussed was a 4 + 5 for 525 what you got is a 4 + 4 for 580kv a difference of 55 kv Ithe idea that this makes them useless is absurd. Please install them and let me know how they go.They will go out in the morning

Thanks
Hugh

Sent: Thu, Nov 19, 2015 1:08 am
Subject: Re: Motors

Hugh:

As per my original instructions I needed the Xnova as close to 500KV as possible and originally wanted a 6T delta, just as stock. You recommended a 5+5YY, which was supposed to come out to 480KV. 580KV is completely useless, and a complete waste. I'm very sorry but that is not what we discussed, and I've never agreed to that. Please check your PM's again.

The Pyro was supposed to have been a 8+6YY which was supposed to have been 414KV as per your list of options. At one point you suggested something else, and we declined and told you it was for a 14S setup. You concurred with the original request at that time. 480KV on the Pyro is also useless.

I'll pay you for your time and materials, but this is not what was discussed at all.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 7:17 PM, << email address removed >> wrote:
I am not going to tear these motors down. If you want the 7 + 7 send me another stator for the for the pyro!

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Sent: Wed, Nov 18, 2015 07:30 PM
Subject: Motors

Hugh,

You're PM's are off on HF. Can you confirm the KV please. The numbers are way off from what we talked about. 580KV is way too high for the Xnova, and the Pyro is much higher too.

Let me know.

Last edited by TheBum; 12-18-2015 at 02:11 PM..
Old 11-23-2015, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

This guy is crazy to think I'd send it back..

<< Email address removed >>
Nov 20 (3 days ago)

to me
I just read this mail.

When you get the xnova if it wont Work Send it back I have an align 700 mx that I wound that is 510 kv Its got excellent fill 6 + 7 YY and new bearings You can take it or run it till the xnova is redone.I dont mind tearing down the xnova but I cant do that pyro Ive put too much work in it. Tearing the pyro down will require a major repair of nicks to the stator. 420 would be the best i could do on the pyro in 15ga.. Send my another pyro or motor and Ill wind it for free parts and labor.

Last edited by TheBum; 12-18-2015 at 02:04 PM..
Old 11-23-2015, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some earlier communication, where you can see what was decided for windings.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi are you asking me do I want to wind your other motor? Sure but can I ask just between you and I what happened with Manuel. Hes a knowledgeable guy. was the price too high. what did he quote you if you dont mind me asking. For me I think it about 120 dollars of trouble and i guess what 5 dollars shipping maybe.

Let me know if this was what you were asking. If you were asking should you give it a go I say hell yeah why not?

TTYS
1BOHO
Who is Manuel?
check you original post about winding services. I prolly just cost myself a wind Job but Im not like that. GREEDY. Hes close to you I think so totally cool if you go with him. If you decide you want me to do it I can not a problem. Let me know
Hmm international shipping, and he only has 8 posts? How do you know he is experienced?

Are you saying 125 incl materials? How many motors have you wound? I need it to remain as close to 500KV as possible. You have all the necessary tools to make sure there is no shorts or anything that's going to blow my esc?

Sorry if this seems insulting to you, I'm not very familiar with this stuff.

What could you do for me on the Pyro and the Xnova? Pyro is a 6t delta using 1.21mm wire (as measured with coating). The Xnova is a multistrand 8t delta, not sure what size wire for single core.
Neither motor is a problem especially when you want nothing special.

Yes I have all the tools I need and a full electronics lab scope etc. Im a certified CNC and manual machinist and hold an AAS in electrical engineering. I have 25 years in mobile electronics, Im MECP 12 volt certified as well so I think I can handle wrapping this wire around an iron core. Its just time consuming. It takes a good day to wind one and test it. There are some additional cost with materials but they are minimal. Im not a motor manufacturer but I do pretty well in my own right.This I do for a hobby and personal enjoyment.
What exact motors do you have and what is there KV? Ill see if i can dig up some numbers so I know what size wire we should go with to achieve your goals.

Thanks you for your time and consideration. I never offered to wind it coz I figured a million people would hit you up trying to make a dollar. U cant get rich off this stuff unles you have a real work load and let me tell you your hands hurt bad after bending 1.8mm wire all day. Its labor intensive with the big wire.

U let me know we can work together and get it done.
Send me your address and I'll send you the Xnova.

It's a 4530 12N10P motor 8 turn delta using stranded wire. It's 500kv, and I'd like to keep it as close to 500 as possible. Obviously it would be going to a single core wire.

I think I'm going to try my hand at doing the pyro myself. I may have some questions if you don't mind?
also look at the XTS 480 is a 5+5 YY with 1.4mm for 480 kv. This motor rates a hp more over a standard 4530 500 and has .008 more newton meter per amp or KT whats that mean to you...... more torque whatever you choose Im sure youll have a stronger motor in the end.

TTYL
The XTS is a 4535, So a larger stator if I understand those ratings correctly. To be perfectly honest with you this motor is an absolute beast (or atleast it was). So more power is secondary to getting my trusty motor back up and running .

Oh and this motor was not burnt, I basically ripped the wires out of it on accident. I probably could have shortened the leads but I noticed one tiny little strand broke near the windings

I could have bought a new motor, but that's sort of like binning a crashed heli, that just needs a few parts.
Also I have no experience with any of those esc's except the castle brand and Ive had no issue with YY on it. All I ve ever heard is kontronics like delta winds. I havent heard this about any others being partial to one or the other. I doubt any real issue exist there. Better go with one of the 160 coz the motor has a max continuous draw of 150 amperes anyway. I doubt youll approach that but I like a bit of headroom.I think a 130 is cutting it close. I heard the new castle is very nice from a factory pilot that can basically get any esc he chooses for free.
Ok, so for the Xnova I want 5+5 YY with 1.4mm for 480 kv like the XTS

On the Pyro lets go with 8+6 YY 1.4mm = 414Kv.

I talked to my buddy that owns the Pyro and he wants you to do his as well.

I really appreciate you doing this, and I'm pretty excited to have a custom wound motor. If you shoot me your mailing address I can ship the motors out to you priority mail hopefully tomorrow.

I'm not in a huge rush, this is going to go into my max V2 which I don't think will ship for another couple of weeks. I don't think my buddy is in a huge rush either he is currently running a quantum motor on his 770 which **had** the pyro motor.

Obviously the sooner the better though bcuz everyone want's a custom wound motor to play with right?

Anyways, thanks man, I'm really excited.
Send it to my parents house coz dads retired and will be there to receive it. It is

<< Name and address removed >>

If you guys have got the wire send it too if not its okay. Have you considered new bearings? Go direct with x nova if you choose because quiet motor bearings have a specific ABEC and radial clearance class. Been down that road already. If you decide and feel they are too pricey I will have to see the motors before I can try to find you a cheaper option. Your definitely welcome I never mind helping somebody. that's the whole purpose of a forum in my mind though some just use it as a stage to aggrandize.... LOL.

TTYS
Long day today, I'll be over at my buddies house tomorrow and I'll pickup his can and try to get this stuff shipped out to you Friday. I'd imagine you'll have it Monday.
Okay make sure u give me a tracking number so I can know where it is at any given time.
Both Motors are on their way.

They pyro is getting a 8+6 YY 1.4mm = 414Kv. According to your earlier recommendations.

and the Xnova will get a 5+5 YY with 1.4mm for 480 kv like the XTS again per your recommendation.

Tracking is with USPS, Below is the link

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...02695303407247

You should have it Monday.

I've also added on FullerFab (AKA Frank) to this PM, he owns the Pyro.
Tell Frank Id rather go 5+5 1.6 on the pyro YY for 470 kv if he still wants the 8+6 we can still go with that.
Frank was on this PM, try using reply all next time

Seems a bit high to me, it would require a 19 or 20t pinion for 1900/2000 rpm on a 14s 770.

Frank, it's your call man.
Oh I didnt realize it was 14S yeah you guys are right the lower kv would probably be better. Ok Ill keep my eyes open for the motors.

Last edited by TheBum; 12-18-2015 at 02:02 PM..
Old 11-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow that really stinks. The guy doesn't seem like a bad guy. He's communicating and willing to work with you by offering a loaner motor and offering another rewind free of charge for another motor. The fact that he's willing to work with you like this, to me, doesn't make him a scammer.

The problem however (and I totally agree with you on this) is a lack of communication on his part. I agree that when you do a rewind, it is usually very specific. The wind can never be dead nuts accurate, so I would expect a 5% variance, but 15-20% is indeed not worth the wind. Thats the whole point of a custom wind.

You don't custom order a car and the thing arrives with different wheels than you requested and the dealer says well too bad this is what I had. You didn't buy the car off the lot. You custom ordered and waited for it.

I'm no winding expert so i'm not commenting on that side of it - guy sure looks like he knows how to wind a motor and does clean work. It seems like he communicated well with you in terms of making suggestions as to the type of wind, but fell short on the Kv. If he couldn't get within 5% of the Kv you requested, a simple back and forth would have resolved the issue certainly.

But it looks like by that time the work was done and he wasn't willing to dive back into the motor and redo it all over again. And that is clearly not acceptable IMO also. Being expected to be paid after that for a motor the customer has said is not usable for his application is not good business. In another rough analogy, thats like getting a custom paint job on your car thats covered in orange peel, and the painter saying the car isn't leaving until he gets paid and isn't getting resprayed either. Sorry dude, but I pay money for your services, which you market and sell. An agreed upon product for an agreed upon price. Simple as that. 5% error margin built in sure. Anything beyond that is unacceptable.

Again, wouldn't call this guy a true scammer, but what he did to you guys is bad business. He would have been better off just taking responsiblity, redoing the motors and getting a shining reference from you guys to all others here on HF. IMO, long term, that would be in his best interests as well.

In his defense, he is offering you a motor to use while he rewinds yours again, but that's a bit late at this point and a lot of extra work on your part and your friend's. It should have been corrected when you guys voiced your concerns.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't say he was a scammer. I was very clear on the winds and the desired KV's. If you read through the whole thing you will easily see that AND you will see where he acknowledges it. I had ZERO idea we were getting anything but what was requested until the work was complete. At which point my motors were held hostage for payment, and he refused to correct the issue. I don't know about you but I don't exactly have spare pyro 800 stators just laying around to be rewound. He still to this day refuses to rewind the Pyro that was provided as he damaged it.

Why on earth would I send anything back to this guy after the treatment I got? He should have acknowledged the mistake on his end and taken care of it before shipping. You're more than welcome to contract his services in the future, but you were warned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
Ur motors are going out today hope you enjoy them. Im not tearing all that work back down for 65 kv im sorry I will not do it. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you
Hugh

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 2:40 AM, <hhargett@aol.com> wrote:
What you wanted was a 8 + 6 which was 414kv on the pyro in 1.4 mm what u got is a 6 + 6 for 485 a difference of 71 kv on the xnova what we discussed was a 4 + 5 for 525 what you got is a 4 + 4 for 580kv a difference of 55 kv Ithe idea that this makes them useless is absurd. Please install them and let me know how they go.They will go out in the morning

Thanks
Hugh

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 7:17 PM, <hhargett@aol.com> wrote:
I am not going to tear these motors down. If you want the 7 + 7 send me another stator for the for the pyro!

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

hhargett@aol.com
Nov 20 (3 days ago)

to me
I just read this mail.

When you get the xnova if it wont Work Send it back I have an align 700 mx that I wound that is 510 kv Its got excellent fill 6 + 7 YY and new bearings You can take it or run it till the xnova is redone.I dont mind tearing down the xnova but I cant do that pyro Ive put too much work in it. Tearing the pyro down will require a major repair of nicks to the stator. 420 would be the best i could do on the pyro in 15ga.. Send my another pyro or motor and Ill wind it for free parts and labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.Lucas
Hello ,
Hugh aske me to answer ,so i forward his e mail .
There is his e mailadress ,so you contact him .

I dont know why the one guy Jbaum is contacting me public on helifreaks all he needs to do is send my payment. and has my paypal. No motors leave here until im paid LOL

To: hhargett <hhargett@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Nov 18, 2015 5:19 pm
Subject: Re: Helifreaks

Regardes
Christian Lucas
Old 11-24-2015, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaum81 View Post
I didn't say he was a scammer. I was very clear on the winds and the desired KV's. If you read through the whole thing you will easily see that AND you will see where he acknowledges it. I had ZERO idea we were getting anything but what was requested until the work was complete. At which point my motors were held hostage for payment, and he refused to correct the issue. I don't know about you but I don't exactly have spare pyro 800 stators just laying around to be rewound. He still to this day refuses to rewind the Pyro that was provided as he damaged it.

Why on earth would I send anything back to this guy after the treatment I got? He should have acknowledged the mistake on his end and taken care of it before shipping. You're more than welcome to contract his services in the future, but you were warned.

If you read my post again and not just the first paragraph you'll see I agree on your points.

You didn't say he was a scammer but this is in the scammer's section so I just wanted to clarify. I wouldn't expect anything less than what you've described. Its a pretty cut a dry case with the amount of documentation you've provided. He should have fixed the situation for you and your friend.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
If you read my post again and not just the first paragraph you'll see I agree on your points.

You didn't say he was a scammer but this is in the scammer's section so I just wanted to clarify. I wouldn't expect anything less than what you've described. Its a pretty cut a dry case with the amount of documentation you've provided. He should have fixed the situation for you and your friend.
I only skimmed it on my phone, apologies.

Just to further clarify the timeline and perhaps beat the proverbial dead horse... The 'issue' was discovered prior to shipping back the motors, his refusal to rectify was very clear, our motors were held hostage for payment for incorrect services. My request was clear, and acknowledged. His offer to rectify was far too late, and I certainly wouldn't trust this individual again. It's one of those things where you just need to know when to cut ties and walk away.

I put this in the scammer thread because I linked it to the negative feedback, and couldn't think of a more appropriate place to put such a warning. I considered putting it in the Motor winding sub forum but I thought it more appropriate here.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bullshit he got refund paid for noting not even the wires and materials he asked me to do it not the other way around and i satnd by my descision to not rewind it for 65 kv coz for one he paid for one winding i did it 3 times becaus ei was worried if it failed being my first one to the public and it failed id be liable for 1000sssss while only possibly making 270 bucks
you must be crazy. I explained this fully to you and you did not accept it. U paid after you already saw the photos where you can count the winds!!!!!

CHEERS REMEMBER!!!!

I am far from a scammer u paid for zero ultimately. u should have told them how you lied to paypal initially and said you didnt received it SMH

you also said it was damaged a damn lie everyone can see the photo

good thing is paypal refunded you I lost not a dime.....
1BOHO is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

U were also told that the 15ga is indeed larger that 1.5 and i was a little nervous after your divorce rant that if something went not as planned and that bird feel out the sky Id have a hassle on my hand. My biggest mistake was simply not sending your junk right back to you UNWOUND But instead I tried to work with you and do what I think was within my limits and avoid major liability with a person who angry about his personal downfall which i have zero to do with.

Thank you poster who realized i tried to work with this individual who thinks what going on in his personal life has bearing on his interaction with a vendor.

Now you can run your mouth all you choose but Im done here . the only person that is crazy Is you!

If it got damaged after i repaired yours it because u tried to tear down a totally encapsulated motor which I advised against. The Pyros loop is on the outside so I made sure that wire would stay in place and not come out of the slot. I actually tried to ensure you'd have no failure so go on a be silly......

U explained nothing about ur poor partial throttle performing esc until the motor was already encapsulated and yes EVERYONE :I refused to tear the pyro down for 85 kv because I put a lot of damn work in it!
Old 12-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

First of all, I called paypal to open the ticket, they are the ones that put it under not received I had to call back to have it changed. I'd be more than happy to post the note history of the transaction.

Second, I specified the desired KV, and initially wanted standard delta winds. You're the one that wanted to do YY's and specified KV's along with your recommended winds. I agreed to your recommendations and what you did was NOT was agreed upon. As you admitted above you didn't wind as requested and expected me to count winds from pictures?? Get real man. I told you my specifications and 100+KV difference over 50+ volts is NOT insignificant. You can blame my ESC's all you want but fact of the matter is a majority of the ESC's out there don't do AFW anyways nor would I want to run it this way even if I did.

Furthermore the Pyro is damaged. You shorted one of the phases. Again If you want to argue this, I would be more than happy to post some pictures with the readings from my LC meter.

The only reason I paid you in the first place was because you refused to ship back, or to redo your work.

Sorry dude, but you did NOT deliver what was agreed upon. I have one motor that is essentially destroyed and another that is all but useless. Just because you think a 20% variance is ok, doesn't mean it is, and just proves the fact that you know nothing of the community your trying to provide services for.

Thanks for nothing bud, The negative feedback is really appropriate too..

Edit:
I really appreciate you airing my personal laundry. All I said to you was I deal with enough crazy from my ex wife and didn't have the patience to deal with your fragile ego... All over you freaking out over me asking to see the other side, which I referred to as the 'ugly side' which was in no way a reflection of your work. You went into much more detail than I did, I honestly don't even know how you knew some of the stuff unless you had spoken with Frank.

Also I'd like to add the wire gauge was something you wanted, You were the one all about the fill. All we wanted was our motors back as close to stock. Frank has his Pyro back, but I'll make it a point to get the motor back from him so I can snap a few shots with the LC meter to prove the winding is actually bad.

Why would I pay you for something completely different than what I wanted?? By your logic If I call a plumber to unplug my sink and he instead rips it out and puts in a different sink of his choosing I should have to pay for that???
Old 12-18-2015, 05:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the dispute history from Paypal. Again they put it as not received, I never said that, and I had it switched.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (45.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 12-18-2015, 06:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Really.... because they both tested flawlessly here on the scope and running If they never ran how could I have told you the kv they run at? according to you u haven't run them so how would u know he kv they actually run at on a controller not theory calculation based on previous windings and KV....... SMH. This is a real waste of my time tell whatever lies you chose I have things to do but do not use the motors that would mean they worked for you and paypal will be notified.Youre not going to tear that pyro down and you know it you are going to use it in something or sell if for more than what you paid which was zero......It was non functional when u sent it here with a knicked stator and no wires because you ruined it not replacing the cap screws and the rotor twisted on the carrier first flight before you sent it here coz U stripped the holes and thats why you sent it to me with out the screws. U had already created a mess and u needed someone to fix it. I pressed pins in their place because you stripped the holes doing whatever you did calling yourself winding something. I never asked to wind your motors and your options to wind were there. wind the 7 + 7 in 15 ga. and see how far u get. It real easy that why there's so many examples of 7 + 7 pyro rewinds in 15 ga. here on the freak.....look around.Tear it down and see with the encapsulation how easy it is.....make sure you post photos of the process! You can talk trash all u want it you attitude that prevented you from getting the 7 + 7 ultimately and Im glad u did not get it. Im really sorry for Frank because he i never said one thing to me bad or good. U are the one messed it up for him with your mouth.It isnt that I could no do it its because ur lack of respect in how you talked to me made me decide ultimately u weren't worth the extra work. Maybe youll understand when you actually get your hands dirty. I admit Im glad I tore it down and did not let it out of my door for you.

We're done because I told u the kv they were before you paid. U were rushing to paypal me when you saw them I know you can count the turns in the photos that were presented to you before payment and ya paid. If I wanted to hold you motor hostage why would I say no I want them outta here asap they are on their way and Im not willing to rewind them even though technically I could if I wanted to. you did zero to deserve me batting for you that way and Im glad I did not. Of course youre going to pay for materials and my labor. If someone else believes in free extreme winding for free tell them to do it. Real simple I dont want to deal with u and your issues. Nothing more nothing less.

Good luck......and goodbye

Last edited by 1BOHO; 12-18-2015 at 09:23 PM..
Old 12-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BOHO View Post

Better behave yourself before you are the one taking a time out or did u forget what u were just told in the other thread. Im done here. Now be a fool and shoot yourself in the foot.
Knock off the baiting or you are going back on vacation.
TowPilot is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wind your own motors.. Very easy to do......
atomic is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in