Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

For those who have both the 500 and the 600, I am looking for another heli to complement my current 450. Here is my dilemma, I know next to nothing about nitro but I would want to go nitro with a 600, batteries are just too expensive. But the whole heli is expensive, large (good and bad) and a little scary to be close to.

I really like throwing the little 450 around but it is windy here which does cause problems and the 450 gets very small very quickly. I love the 450 but also want something else. This is my first year flying anything RC but am having a ball. I am a little concerned by the danger quotient of the 600, as well as the cost and will I end up just "flying around with the occasional loop or roll" where I might put the 500 thru the paces more. Less danger, less money.

I have a flying field 15 min away, I do have access to suitable sites but the 500 can be flown at many more places than the 600. I do like the reliability and predictability of electrics but I have not had nitro (at least as an adult) so what do I know!

For those who have both, what would be your suggestion, 500 or 600 for the next heli? I am sure ultimately both are likely.
jhat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default flying the 500 now

i picked up my 500 cf kit on saturday.

I finished my 500 on tuesday, i had to wait for servos to come in the mail because all lhs were out of 9650, 9257 and 5245s.

First flights on wed morning.

The 500 build videos on helifreak were awesome. This is my first heli build. The videos helped me set up the heli so if flew perfecly fromt the first flight.

I have only been flying a blade cp so i have never had to program throttle or pitch curves or set up swashes before.

I love the 500 but it is so much bigger than what i am used to it is a little intimidating.

I is amazing how steady it flys, almost hands off compared to the blade cp.

The only bad thing i have to say is crash cost. I had one small crash,( too close to trees in my backyard) and it cost me over $100. blades, main shaft, main gear, flybar, 2 sets of 9650 gears.

Any way, thanks for everybodys input, helping with the decision on my machine.

For any one else making the decision between these two machines, i would have to say crash cost is a big factor.

Blade CP pro

Kitesurfing when it's windy, flying rc helis when it's not!
leapnlarry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
blade cp+, futaba, t-rex 450, t-rex 500, t7c

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in