Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation BEWARE Paypal Signature Confirmation Scam

Sorry if this is old news. I was just f***ed out of 600.00 and I want to warn everyone.

For any value over 250.00 you must use signature confirmation or you lose all rights as a seller if the buyer states they never got it. I had a guy use same e-mail address and buy from me twice under two different names. USPS showed delivered.. he claimed he never got two items, and Paypal debited my account even after I clearly showed he was scamming. Its burried in their user agreement. Items were insured.. Not sure yet in the Post office is going to do anything. I doubt it.

If anyone lives in the Bronx and wants to help me track down this dirtbag please PM me.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't they have to sign if insured over $200 despite having signature confirmation or not?
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
SYMAWD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Obviously not since they didn't. If you can point to a reference that the PO should have collected a signature it might help my insurance case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
Don't they have to sign if insured over $200 despite having signature confirmation or not?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
NO!
They charge extra for signature required.

I always tell sellers to ship signature required when shipping to me. I have had packages delivered to the wrong address and I ended up being the looser. Many people will keep a mystery package that appears on their doorstep but will not sign for it so it has chance of being redirected to the correct address. I have a neighbor 2 blocks over with the same house number, both addresses the street name starts with the same letter, we are constantly exchanging mail that is delivered wrong. Complaining to the USPS does nothing.

I also always ship packages signature required for the same reasons.

USPS simply says that they delivered the package, they can not say to where they delivered it, just that they left it somewhere. At least with a signature they know who they delivered it to.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

USPS will mark a package as delivered before they actually deliver it. They will just mark everything delivered then head out on their route so it looks good. I have had a package that was delivered in the system, but was lost behind a seat in the truck.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forgot to mention this was sent to a PO BOX!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would not have shipped to a P.O. box. I have been buying and selling on Ebay for many years. I to have learned the hard way...not to that expence though. The buyer protection is great...for buyer. As a seller you dont have shit for rights. At the very least a delivery conformation number must be used. I stopped shipping outside the lower 48 states because I almost lost out on $1,200.00 and it was a USPS issue, not mine. I hated to exclude prospective buyers, but its just not worth it.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive lost $700 in a transaction for the exact same reason. Paypal is just unfair that;s all.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ov10mech View Post
Obviously not since they didn't. If you can point to a reference that the PO should have collected a signature it might help my insurance case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfool View Post
NO!
They charge extra for signature required.

I always tell sellers to ship signature required when shipping to me. I have had packages delivered to the wrong address and I ended up being the looser. Many people will keep a mystery package that appears on their doorstep but will not sign for it so it has chance of being redirected to the correct address. I have a neighbor 2 blocks over with the same house number, both addresses the street name starts with the same letter, we are constantly exchanging mail that is delivered wrong. Complaining to the USPS does nothing.

I also always ship packages signature required for the same reasons.

USPS simply says that they delivered the package, they can not say to where they delivered it, just that they left it somewhere. At least with a signature they know who they delivered it to.
Incorrect. This is exactly what USPS is instructed to do: "insurance over $200 use Form 3813-P, a signature is required"

I never pay for signature confirmation and people who receive my stuff insured for $200.01 or more always have to sign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQRT(-2) View Post
USPS will mark a package as delivered before they actually deliver it. They will just mark everything delivered then head out on their route so it looks good. I have had a package that was delivered in the system, but was lost behind a seat in the truck.
Not true where I live, mine gets scanned the same time it is delivered.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 06-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

uugghh this is not what i want to read i just shipped a heli out thats due today but i did delivery confirmation not signature. its a residential delivery though. sorry to hear abouyt the scam and i hope paypal and usps takes some action
Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i was told by the post office when i asked this same question thats its up to the mail carrier at the time of delivery, some will leave it and some will not
Old 06-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
i was told by the post office when i asked this same question thats its up to the mail carrier at the time of delivery, some will leave it and some will not
According to their site it is required.
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

I owe you! I went down to the local PO and told them what happened. If its over 200 they automatically collect and scan the signature even if you don't pay for it probably to protect their insurance. She wasnt supposed to give it to me but she did. I have both signatures of this asshole and going after him through law enforcement, paypal, and ebay now!

Quote:
Old 06-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I owe you! I went down to the local PO and told them what happened. If its over 200 they automatically collect and scan the signature even if you don't pay for it probably to protect their insurance. She wasnt supposed to give it to me but she did. I have both signatures of this asshole and going after him through law enforcement, paypal, and ebay now!
awesome glad to hear it, i hope you get that scumbag, post his info so we all know who not to deal with.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was a non heli transaction via Ebay.

Just dont ship to BOX 852 in the Bronx and you should be ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
awesome glad to hear it, i hope you get that scumbag, post his info so we all know who not to deal with.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
On the house this time
Prôtos 700
Xtreme-Production
Old 06-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope that guy gets into as much trouble as possible, I truly hate thieves.
propxprt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Same thing happened to me when selling a HP Touchpad, sold for 275.00. i didn't know I need Sig Com and shipped it. He said he never got it and because I didn't have a signature got poped. Keep us posted about PayPal and if they take that signature! I am curious what will happen!
Rago is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

I really hope the resolution works out in your favor. Hate to see somebody get ripped off by a scumbag.
poor_red_neck is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

It has been re-escalated to a Paypal supervisor. She believes it will be overturned but have to wait up to three days for answer from the department that handles these issues. It has already been appealed twice. Paypal is very arrogant. I guess they can be since they really have little to no competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poor_red_neck View Post

I really hope the resolution works out in your favor. Hate to see somebody get ripped off by a scumbag.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in