Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 700n DFC canopy on an older 700n frame?

I picked up an older 700n and want to make it look a bit less..old. I'm wondering if the DFC canopies will fit on the older versions of the 700n. I looked around for this answer and saw a mixed bag of answers, if someone can clarify I'd appreciate it.

Amain shows the align 700n dfc canopy to be compatible with the old version and new version of the heli, though I've seen people say it's not.

All the canopies I like are the DFC versions -_-. The heli does have a DFC head on it at least.
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know if these are DFC canopys or what there not the old style nitro pro
but the do fit somewhat

http://www.helidirect.com/fusuno-rev...ex-700-ex.html

They will fit as in the mounting holes will line up
BUT you will almost have to force them on
When you put the screws in that are near the main shaft
the canopy has to be bent in

Once all the screws are in and tightened there is a lot of tension on the whole canopy
which causes stress cracks near the mounting points from the engine vibes

I have used this canopy on mine for about 4 gallons
It now has cracks near all the mount points and the holes where the thumb nuts go
thru have become much larger do to vibration

It probably wont last for another gallon of fuel

I bought 2 of them from heli direct they had on sale for $16.00 a piece
so I figured what the hey
banshee rider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Trex 700n DFC canopy on an older 700n frame?

I picked up a used 770n le last year that had been converted to dfc. It came with a dfc canopy. It was rubbing a little bit on the front bottom where the landing gear attaches to the frame, but I just dremeled away a little bit and it fits fine. The canopy stand offs line up just fine with the grommet holes in the canopy. I'm not sure who manufactured the canopy but it is a very flexible fiberglass. Much more flexible than my other canopies
--citizen 19-- ama#986265, W8RMB, T-Rex 700n 700e, 600n, 550X, 550e, 500 efl pro, 450 pro.. a couple of planks and a couple of quads...I am not a rep for anyone
cyclenut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2015, 06:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same dilemma for me solved time ago...I´ve got two 700 nitros, a DFC and the another older with wider frame; both are flying now with DFC canopies without issues... even, I sold the beautiful Fusuno canopy from older one when I had no dubts about if DFC canopy was gonna work.

Go for it; it´s so beautiful and modern than everybody at my RC club say the same when I´m flying: want one!
ramonramonet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2015, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

absolutely fits, you gotta make some shorter standoffs up front and like mentioned it rubs a little 1/16" where the landing gear attaches but that's it. it fits perfectly otherwise on my LE frames
blue92ehsi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in