Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help troubleshooting 250 on 3gx

ive been working on this built its a trex 250 with 3gx savox sh-0263mg cyclic servos and a 0264mg for the tail servo
running a dsm 2 sat with a dx7s

the issue im having i after i spool up and go to lift off its like someone took the cyclic stick and just shoved it forward.
when the 3gx is in dir mode everything is level and square blades are at zero.
ive tried playing with the ail and ele gain on the 3gs but that doesnt seems to help
i have the reverses set properly ive been messing with this thing for days but i cant seem to figgure it out

anyone have similar problems or a possible solution for me?
thanks in advance!
Jbowler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi,

So which software version are you using? If it's not 2.0, I'd suggest getting up to 2.0 because I found that very easy to set up on the 250.

It really sounds like the elevator correction direction is backwards.

I found 1.1/1.2 really fussy on the 250... on the ground it was almost heart stopping. 2.0 is great with stock settings, check the servo positions then just set up DIR mode 12 degrees pitch, 8 degrees ail/elev, set up your tail gyro, and double check flight mode travel limits for aileron and elevator. Then go fly.

2.0 on the 250 has great behaviour on the ground, and super stable in the air.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks for the reply i didnt check the software probably should have done that first. more then likely it isnt updated i bought it off a friend and he hasnt using it in some time
Jbowler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

V2.0 has only been out for about 2 months so probably not.

I read a post from one of the Align guys saying basically what I did. Check servo layout (the servos have to be in certain positions, can't remember exactly but it's in the instructions) do DIR setup, do tail gyro setup, fly.

I did my 450 first since they're a little more forgiving, but the 250s set up great the first run through. Ground control is far better. You still want to get it in the air quickly, but I could have it sitting on the ground spooling for the entire pack now... with 1.1 or 1.2 it would have keeled over within 30 seconds.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in