Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default CoPilot II / MicroBeast wire up..

I've been getting quite a few messages concerning the wiring of the CPII and BeastX.
This setup does work if done correctly, but is very easy to mis-wire.

So to save some grief here is the wiring for a 120* CCPM AILGN using @ least a 7 channel Rx.

From your Rx to the CPII

RX AUX1 >>>>> CPII RCV3
RX ELEV >>>>> CPII RCV1
RX AILE >>>>>> CPII RCV2
------------------------------------------

BeastX ELE / DI1 >>>>> CPII SVO1
BeastX AIL / CHS >>>>> CPII SVO2
BeastX AUX / PIT ( RED lead) >>>>> CPII SVO3

The other 2 signal lines for tail gain and rudder are installed to the RX.

Hope this helps some of you.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the wiring help! I want to make sure with what I have done. I ended up with the on/off and rcv4 wires from the cp2 controller as the only wires not connected to anything. Is this correct? The reason I ask is I saw a link on here to another diagram and the brown gear wire from the BeastX was going to sv04 and rcv4 was going to gear in the receiver.
craig1980 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

If your planning on using SVO4 to control your gyro gain ,the gain lead from your gyro will be installed into that port on the CPII. The RCV0 is left disconnected.

The On/Off function lead would then be connected into where your gyro gain lead was installed on your Rx to switch CPII on and off.

Why are you leaving the On / Off lead not connected to your Rx??

Old 06-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using a dx7 and ar7000. I will need to use the sv04 for gain and will be using aux 1 for on off. So I think in will need to take the brown wire from the beastx (currently in gear on rx) and plug into svo4. Then the on off will plug into the gear port on the rx.

I haven't gone through the set up yet but was wondering how the gain works when the system is on and off. I am kind of confused as to if there is a way I set a gain just for when the beast x is operating and then one for the cp2 or do they use the same?

Thanks in advance for your help with this
Old 06-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Craig, I have the exact set-up that you do, DX7, AR7000, CPII, MB. The only difference is I chose to go with the Aux 2 switch for the on off function.

I have Aux 2 to Aux 2, and Gear to Gyro, in the model select menu. Aux 2 is therefore connected to the on/off lead on the CPII, and my MB gain is selected from the DX7 gyro menu as I have the gear lead connected to the MB. SV04 is not used on my set-up.

If you are going to use gear for the on/off function, then I think you would choose Gear to Gear, and Aux 2 to Gyro in the model select screen, and then you would connect the gear channel to the CPII on/off, and Aux 2 direct to the MB. Since Aux 2 is now controlled by the gyro sense menu you would be able to adjust the MB tail gain in your gyro screen, and turn the CPII on/off via your gear switch. This would leave SV04 unused on yours too. Right now I don't know off the top of my head what that is for. I think it must be rudder on a plane?

Just one small caviat to the above is that I cannot see the wiring anymore, as now it is all installed it is almost completely out of sight, but I am fairly confident that this is how I have it.

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; 06-16-2012 at 06:07 PM..
sutty is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sutty, thanks for the info

Your set up would be ideal for me but I have my gov in aux2 so the only option I think I have is the aux1.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah, I hadn't realised you had governor as well. Since I am not the same as you now, I bow to others to advise. I chipped in because I thought I had very nearly the same set-up, but now it is different I am stuck. As I said in another thread recently, my knowledge of this system, outside of what I needed for my set-up, is limited to say the least.

Good luck finding your solution.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 06-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is a helicopter I assume... AUX1 is your pitch channel

Old 06-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes
Old 06-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I was just looking at the manual, just out of interest for your situation. To me it seems just like one of those scenarios where it describes in the manual that you do not have a spare channel available to do the switching, so you have to pinch the gain channel, and let the CPII assign the gain value to your gyro, in this case the MB. Page 7, "If helicopter channels are limited".

Wouldn't it be like this, Aux 1 is pitch, and cannot be changed. Aux 2 operates your governor, as you said this is what you have and gear would operate the CPII on/off function. You would then plug the gain lead for your MB, which would normally have come from your receiver, (Aux 2 or Gear channel), directly into SV04.

During set-up of the CPII I think you get to specify if SV04 is going to be used for gain, and you then assign an appropriate value somewhere in the set-up. Haven't done this myself, but at a glance of the manual it would seem that this is what you need to do.

As described in the manual, the SV04 output is maintained at the appropriate chosen value for gain, even when the CPII is turned off by your chosen Aux 2/Gear channel.

I think this is what you were asking / describing, so if this is the case then I think you were correct.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 06-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sutty thanks a ton.

I think you just put my idea into words! I think this is what I will try to start out. I am just going to have to figure out how the gain values from the cp2 relate to the gain numbers I currently have in my beastx.

And if this doesn't work well than I have already decided a new gov that I can set up without the tx will be the next purchase.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As I was reading the manual that very thought crossed my mind with regard to how the value is displayed/calculated in the CPII. Since you are using the MB it will be easy to see if you have the correct value though. Well it will if you already have your MB configured and set-up for flight. You know when you initialise it shows you an approximation to your gain value, by lighting up an LED for a few seconds. If you adjust the CPII SV04 output value via preferences, and then initialise your MB, if it shows blue, and lights E, F or G, (whatever you were getting before) you will know that you are roughly in the right area, and your calculations must have been correct. The light may well even move as you adjust the value from the CPII. It does when you adjust the value in the Tx.

The manual says use the value in your radio, but of course this depends on how you were assigning the value in the first place. I could guess, but it would be a guess, that it will be on a 0-100 scale, just like in the DX7 gyro sense menu, with 0-50 being rate values and 50-100 being HH values, so in that case you could probably just use the value you previously had in the DX7. Again, the coloured lights will confirm if you are in the ball park. Thereafter you can of course fine tune as you normally would.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 06-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will update this and it may help someone out in the future.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You will input the "actual" gain value into the CPII (such as with Futaba) somewhere between 25 - 34%

Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you're an electronic geek the easiest way is to hook-up an oscilloscope to check the pulse width that your Tx was outputting on GEAR channel for the tail gain before then move the values on the CP2 until the same pulse width is obtained on SVO4, honest
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know you were having a laugh, but more seriously the MB does that for you already. There is a sliding scale of lights, which makes for a built in mini oscilloscope. Granted the resolution is not so great, but it would be good enough to get you airborne safely.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You mean not everyone has a couple of oscilloscopes laying around on the workbench?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got the systems all wired and went through the quick set up. I am going to be posting more on this but for now all I have to say is this system is amazing.

Only question is the default setting for autotrim was 6 I believe. I did not change that. Is that ok to run with the fbl unit or should I have changed this to 0?

Thanks for all your help guys! This system sure is neat.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

set auto trim to 0 for your FBL

Old 06-20-2012, 05:15 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks nightflyr! Can you tell me how to get to get to the autotrim menu without going through the quick set up menu?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in