Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Where are the NEW models???

I don't know if this has been discussed somewhere, but where are all the new models, including Planes and Helis?? Seems like its been a long time, anyone hear anything of new releases?
T-Rex 700N- O.S .91HZ-R 3D/ Mikado V-Bar 5.2
Albertian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

phoenix sim is dead, they dont update it anymore. all i can say they better get their shit together cause when simulation x comes out there will be alot of people jumping ship. it seems that ever since they partnered with horizon the sim just went to shit. i dont count v3 to v4 cause there wasnt even one single worthwhile upgrade
Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

here check this out, hope we will see more of it soon
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=simx
Old 04-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing that interests me in that vid is the sounds, but they could have just edited that in, who knows if that's how it will sound when we actually get to play it ourselves.

Also it's not coming out for ages, and I highly doubt it will be this year. So what are we to do until then? Phoenix is still the No.1

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My only gripe with Phoenix is the sound....very unrealistic. On the other hand Phoenix has been giving free updates since it was released....not like others that charge for every update.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The sound is definitely where I think more work needs to be done. Not so much in the motor sound but definitely in the blades barking. I wish they would give us the ability to adjust all the parameters for that blade noise like at what pitch of the blades it starts, pitch of the noise itself, decay, and whatever else is needed to make it more enjoyable.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not just the blades barking. It's the tail rotor, when you piro the tail sounds doesn't change despite it being in front of behind the disk or whether you are facing the entry or exit side of the tail disk.

Formerly owned - Compass 7HV - Blade mCP X V2 - Blade 400 FBL BeastX
Mixmaster Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I want to see the Gaui x line, all the mikados, outrage, goblins. Why has phoenix not given us these models!?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

My HF Map location

This is just my opinion but it seems to me that ever since Phoenix has partnered up with Horizon in what ever way that have, they have really been doing a poor job for the release of new models.

I would think that the lastest run of the update and work on the Beta releases must have taken a lot of time so I can certainly understand that would have an effect on things for this greatly.

But I have been using Phoenix for a long time now and before they got into bed with Horizon, even along with doing updates, there was a pretty regular flow of new models, and as well a real nice diversity of those and in relation to what really was hot and getting used out there too.

But since they got with HH, seems like 85% of the stuff is just all the Horizon things and a lot of it is the smaller BNF stuff too that is so small, who would really care about using a sim for them anyway?

Kinda my point is, what's ironic is that a lot of that stuff is so crash resilient and the parts are so cheap, who really needs to, or is going to go out and spend the money Phoenix cost to use a sim to learn how to fly them over just simply flying them?

So now that the update stuff it over, which was all very nice and much appreciated btw so please don't think I'm knocking that, but now that its done I hope they can get back to remembering all the guys out there with things that aren't made by Horizon that people are spending thousands of dollars to build are flying and get some of these kinds of models out and not just focus on only doing what ever new BNF micro thingy HH makes.

So come on guys, let's see some things like the Extreme 800, or the Goblin, or even a lousy Fusion 50.

With all due respect, these are the guys that actually need a sim.

Thanks
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar78 View Post
phoenix sim is dead, they dont update it anymore. all i can say they better get their shit together cause when simulation x comes out there will be alot of people jumping ship. it seems that ever since they partnered with horizon the sim just went to shit. i dont count v3 to v4 cause there wasnt even one single worthwhile upgrade
dead? wtf are you talking about we just got V4 last week..

your definition of dead is a little off..

V4 is great runs even better on my system and the physics are still years ahead of RF..

Would I like to see more of the modern models? absolutely.. but to say a program is dead because you don't like the changes they are making is completely dumb.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
This is just my opinion but it seems to me that ever since Phoenix has partnered up with Horizon in what ever way that have, they have really been doing a poor job for the release of new models.

I would think that the lastest run of the update and work on the Beta releases must have taken a lot of time so I can certainly understand that would have an effect on things for this greatly.

But I have been using Phoenix for a long time now and before they got into bed with Horizon, even along with doing updates, there was a pretty regular flow of new models, and as well a real nice diversity of those and in relation to what really was hot and getting used out there too.

But since they got with HH, seems like 85% of the stuff is just all the Horizon things and a lot of it is the smaller BNF stuff too that is so small, who would really care about using a sim for them anyway?

Kinda my point is, what's ironic is that a lot of that stuff is so crash resilient and the parts are so cheap, who really needs to, or is going to go out and spend the money Phoenix cost to use a sim to learn how to fly them over just simply flying them?

So now that the update stuff it over, which was all very nice and much appreciated btw so please don't think I'm knocking that, but now that its done I hope they can get back to remembering all the guys out there with things that aren't made by Horizon that people are spending thousands of dollars to build are flying and get some of these kinds of models out and not just focus on only doing what ever new BNF micro thingy HH makes.

So come on guys, let's see some things like the Extreme 800, or the Goblin, or even a lousy Fusion 50.

With all due respect, these are the guys that actually need a sim.

Thanks
Lousy?... um ok..

Old 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeveeSiN View Post
dead? wtf are you talking about we just got V4 last week..

your definition of dead is a little off..

V4 is great runs even better on my system and the physics are still years ahead of RF..

Would I like to see more of the modern models? absolutely.. but to say a program is dead because you don't like the changes they are making is completely dumb.
like i said in my post i dont count v3 to v4 as an update cause it was useless imho. and who are you calling dumb, for voicing my opinion. typical attitude around here thats why i stay off the forums lately, alot of keyboard heros
Old 04-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
like i said in my post i dont count v3 to v4 as an update cause it was useless imho. and who are you calling dumb keyboard toughguy
I didn't call anyone dumb.. I said calling a program dead because you don't feel their update was "real" was dumb..

big difference.

If I was a programmer that spent the last 5 months of my life working on the update.. I sure as hell wouldn't like it if someone said my program was "dead"

The update is very solid and adds much better framerates on high end systems and much better net code.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I didn't call anyone dumb.. I said calling a program dead because you don't feel their update was "real" was dumb..

big difference.

If I was a programmer that spent the last 5 months of my life working on the update.. I sure as hell wouldn't like it if someone said my program was "dead"

The update is very solid and adds much better framerates on high end systems and much better net code.
just alittle frustrated that something i play an hour a day hasnt had worthy new model since the tdr and that was awhile ago, i agree its better than rf by lightyears but i just didnt see one bit of difference from v3 to v4 on my computer. that and the fact there are so many new helis out now, if they would release a real model creator then alot of talented guys around here would be pumping out the ones we want, hell id even pay 99 cents or so for a new model every month
Old 04-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
just alittle frustrated that something i play an hour a day hasnt had worthy new model since the tdr and that was awhile ago, i agree its better than rf by lightyears but i just didnt see one bit of difference from v3 to v4 on my computer. that and the fact there are so many new helis out now, if they would release a real model creator then alot of talented guys around here would be pumping out the ones we want
I agree with you on that 10000% they need to get off their butts and get us some modern FBL helis on there..

Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Lousy?... um ok..
Ah now, turn that frown upside down, that wasn't a comment at all on the Bird itself, actually in a way it was even a compliment in that since of all those I mentioned, it has been around the longest and is so popular because its such a great helo, that I can't believe its not among all the other helos that have been made.

It was meant as more of a rhetorical point in relation to all I had said then a literal description.

Actually a buddy of mine is considering getting one of the Fusion 50's right now and is doing so from a suggestion from me.

Seem to be something as we discussed what he was looking for that would fit perfectly for his needs as he was actually looking for something that he could start out with on the initial build with not spending to much, but then upgrade to something with a lot more power and performance over the upcoming years, that all along with that, was something that he could continue to get parts for that weren't all that pricey and have a good selection of upgrade parts being made for it out there.

As well he was looking for some little different as he certainly has been through plenty of Aligns and will for sure continue to do so. But this would be something new so would be interesting to see how it all goes.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I agree with you on that 10000% they need to get off their butts and get us some modern FBL helis on there..
Get off their butts? Seriously? They just released a major version of the software. Do you think that happens by the software fairies at night? You may or may not agree with the new version, but you cannot argue that didn't take time and effort.

Give'em some time after the release to let things settle down. Hopefully they'll get new models out. If not, big deal. It's a freakin sim, not a test drive. Find the model that is closest to what you fly, then tweak it to match. I'd rather they spend time getting the physics as close to real world as possible versus using it to create a new model or better sounds (as some like the complain about).
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityJunkie View Post
Get off their butts? Seriously? They just released a major version of the software. Do you think that happens by the software fairies at night? You may or may not agree with the new version, but you cannot argue that didn't take time and effort.

Give'em some time after the release to let things settle down. Hopefully they'll get new models out. If not, big deal. It's a freakin sim, not a test drive. Find the model that is closest to what you fly, then tweak it to match. I'd rather they spend time getting the physics as close to real world as possible versus using it to create a new model or better sounds (as some like the complain about).
The problem isnt the update.. the only new top end heli we have gotten in over a year is the TDR.

they have had more than enough time to get more models out.
They are still publishing garbage minis and planes on a regular basis but no modern real helis..
just MSRs and MCPXs etc..

Um.. and you completely miss the point.. part of the SIM.. is getting to know what YOUR Model looks like in orientations.

I already have the TDR flying exactly like my fusion.. that is not the issue.. the problem is the TDR looks nothing like my fusion in the air.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, create a custom canopy and blades to match your heli (or go into the forums and grab a similar one). At least for me, a small heli image on computer screen does not translate well to real world appearance of your heli flying.

I'd love to have new models in the sim, but I realize that everything takes time and $$$. And I'd rather see effort put into higher value features (like evolving sim physics) than bling of new models. Especially when you can already tweak the flight and appearance of already existing models to approximate what you're currently flying.

One would have to think that the development staff for this product is relatively small. As of now, it's a one time fee of $185 (give or take a bit) for the software package. After that initial collect of money, the revenue stream basically stops for that user. And, lets face it, the market for this type of software isn't overly huge.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

that why i suggest they charge a small fee like the app store of 99 cents or 1.99 then they could pump out the models. if you fly the sim as much as i do then you will get sick of any heli no matter what canopy is on it. that why i started to erase the canopies on phoenix and fly without a cano just to change it up. that and the fact that some of the new helis out i will never get a chance to fly or own but with the sim i can. then they can still give us the free blade crap they always throw in. i will bet a million dollars the next helis in are the 450x or the 300x from blade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in