Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New Trex 250 advise please....

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a new 250 super combo amd i was wanting to know if the problems with the early kits are fixed or does it require and modifications to make it fly good.
Also are the standard servo's / gyro that come with it up to the job? or do i need a 3500G or similar?
I was planning to use a spectrum 6100E reciever out of my CX2 with either a DX6i or DX7 will this be Ok , i will be using it mainly indoors at my local club.

Is there anything else that i should consider when i buy this kit?

Thanks for you advise in advance

Dave
s3davep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3davep View Post
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a new 250 super combo amd i was wanting to know if the problems with the early kits are fixed or does it require and modifications to make it fly good.
Also are the standard servo's / gyro that come with it up to the job? or do i need a 3500G or similar?
I was planning to use a spectrum 6100E reciever out of my CX2 with either a DX6i or DX7 will this be Ok , i will be using it mainly indoors at my local club.

Is there anything else that i should consider when i buy this kit?

Thanks for you advise in advance

Dave
Hi Dave,

To what I know, most of the problems are fixed, but people still prefer to go with a better tail servo as you can still get some slight wag I believe with the 420 if not properly set up. I was using a 3500G in mine with the stock gyro, and it was fine. yes the 6100E will be fine for it, you just have to rebind the reciever to your new model. You'll love the 250.
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for your reply,

I think i will try it with the standard tail servo for the time being, i am trying to learn how to fly with my trex 450 and my old shuttle 30, but the weather in the UK is not good in the winter so i am looking to get more stick time with the 250 indoors.
I have a sim (pheonix) but find it boring to fly with for more that a few minutes, do you think the 250 will be a useful heli to practise with?

Is there any other upgrades that the 250 will benefit from?

Dave
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no upgrades really needed. i still would go for a better tail servo though.
HeathH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Dave,

Oh an "old Shuttle" guy, still fly my Shuttle ZXX between the time I fly my T-Rex 500 and T-Rex 250.

I have the Super combo, not too many problems, cut my tail blades down to 34mm, and got most the tail wag out. It's a blast to fly, as my back yard is small and all I could really do with the Shuttle and T-500 was hovering.

The wind can kick the 250 around some, but if you can fly ok, it shouldn't be a big deal. I fly in 10 15mph winds with mine, but sometimes in FFF I get the frisbee effect.

Craig
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

(quote)do you think the 250 will be a useful heli to practise with?

If you can't fly well, the 250 might be a little twitchy for you. It's not a heli to learn on or practice with. Stick with the 450 to learn on, and the sim. Hint, don't fly the sim like a video game, have a plan and fly that plan. Fly the sim like you have to pay for the crash. I have RF and can speed things up to 200%, it's never gets boring at that speed.

Good luck,

Craig
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Where i fly indoors its not really big enough for a 450, so i will use the 250, i know its going to be twitchy but i'll have to live with that!

Also what batteries are you all using? i have had good results from the zippy flightmax on the 450 , do they make a battery suitable for the 250 that has a bit more capacity than standard.

I have seen some loongmax batterys are they suitable?, and what is the max size and weight i can fit, i am looking for the longest flight time possible and not really interested in 3D performance

thanks

Dave
Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm I think they are still issues..

From what I know I think there may be only 2 or 3 that had success with the tail servo verus 99999999 that have the problem. LOL

You will also need to ream the linkages on the head as they are too tite. But it's rather ez...

I'm 98.98% sure that you will have tail issues.. Not to talk negative but I really feel that way.. You may be better off with the 3 cyclic combo kit and getting the Align 750 with either 3500/9257 Gyro. (I really do like the 750 Gyro though! It's awesome) That's what I would do.. Shoot if you pay for shipping I'll give you my 420 tail servo for free.. it's junk and just collecting dust in my room...
MrCLoWnY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have just ordered a 250 super combo with 4 batterty packs, i am going to try the standard servo for the tail that comes with it.

Thanks for your kind offer of the servo, but i will change it out with a 3500g / S9357 if its no good.

Its cheaper to buy the super combo with the gyro and servo than it is to get the servo's only version and get the gyro separately.

What connectors are you using for the battery? could i use standard deans connectors or are they a bit big?

Dave
Old 02-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dave,

Based upon what others on here have found ditch the 420 - not only does it not usually fly well, but it has been implicated in damaging other bits of electronics when it fails - the sponsored Align pilots don't even use it !!!!!.

The align 850 battery works well and fits (just) others might not fit.

Enjoy.
Mike.
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What voltage does the JR3500G run on? i know the futaba is only rated for 4.8v is that the case for the JR?

Is it best to use a dropper or set the BEC to 5V?

Dave
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Totally stock super combo indoor a week ago.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice video flypilot. Which main and tailblades are you using? I'm putting a 250 together right now. I got an excellent price on the combo ( no gyro or servo). I'm going to use the logitech 2100 and ? tail gyro.
Thanks
GreenCello is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im using carbon mains and stock 40mm batman blades on the tail..

This heli is a lot of fun in the local gym..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in