Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big difference in price on these two birds, If money is no object and don't mind having a limited number of dealers to buy parts. I am sure the X2 is a great helicopter.
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's interesting to see some of you guys ditched the 250 for the 300X. I prefer the 250 over the 300 since it's clearly a superior machine. I admit the 250 needs some tuning to get it right, but once you do so, it flies amazingly. I decked my 300X and the 250 is the one seeing a lot of action. The 300 flies very nice, but it lacks power out of the box. It's a good heli to practice new tricks I can later transfer to my bigger helis. To me, the fun factor is higher with the 250.
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chep View Post
It's interesting to see some of you guys ditched the 250 for the 300X.
Its because were are in the 300x forums. In the 250 forums you will see more posts favoring the 250.

I have had both(300x no more) and agree with your previous descriptions of each, the 300x is more relaxing and stable but I like how the 250 flys better (all with beastx). Someone has said that the 250 flies like a big 130x and I completly agree. I like how my 130x flies and love having a bigger less troublesome version, with a nice FBL controller.

That being said, I am looking at getting another 300x. To me, the 300x flys like a smaller 450 which I also want to get as I am thinking the 450s are too big for my flying sites. Been considering the X2(love the 300x size blades and 250 size weight) and almost bought one last night on ebay but after researching the X2 all weekend, decided to pass.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

What put you off the X2?

I'm thinking a 300X and X2, I have two 300Xs.

Sell both 450s and get a G500.
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
What put you off the X2?
Lots of little things (primarily the jesus bolt design). All in all not a deal breaker...but I just bought a second trex 250 last week and decided I already have enough problems as it is keeping all my helis in the air (current count is 14).

At this point, I need to be thinning the herd, not growing it although I will probably snatch up the next good 300x deal that comes along
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
It's interesting to see some of you guys ditched the 250 for the 300X. I prefer the 250 over the 300 since it's clearly a superior machine. I admit the 250 needs some tuning to get it right, but once you do so, it flies amazingly. I decked my 300X and the 250 is the one seeing a lot of action. The 300 flies very nice, but it lacks power out of the box. It's a good heli to practice new tricks I can later transfer to my bigger helis. To me, the fun factor is higher with the 250.
It's superior in power that's about it IMO. The tail doesn't hold for squat unless you invest a bunch of money getting a better servo. I was always either able to blow the tail out or the gain would have to be high and the tail would wag. Then IMO its twitchy because the cyclic servos do not have the resolution to make the fine adjustments needed to make it fly smooth.

A crash on a 250 will cost you about the same as a trex 450 pro at which point I'd rather have the 450 pro. The flying area of a 250 is about the same as the 450 which again I'd rather have the 450. There wasn't really any benifit for me to own the 250 so I sold it. It just infuriated me it was to damn tempermental. Screws always strip out of the soft plastic.....ect

The 300x is dirt cheap to fly and cheap to repair in a crash. And surprisingly fairs pretty well in a crash. And for me it flew superior to the trex 250 pro just with less power in stock form.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by linklemming View Post
Its because were are in the 300x forums. In the 250 forums you will see more posts favoring the 250.
Right...go take your 250 lovin' arse and... j/k...I hear you...to each their own.

I would actually love to fly a 250 with BeastX so I can make a direct comparison. The one I flew was a friend's with 3GX and only for a couple minutes so it was hardly an exhaustive test. I know he loves it though, so I'm inclined to believe it grows on you.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I would actually love to fly a 250 with BeastX so I can make a direct comparison. The one I flew was a friend's with 3GX and only for a couple minutes so it was hardly an exhaustive test. I know he loves it though, so I'm inclined to believe it grows on you.
I put a beastx on mine flew just like the 3GX no improvement. The 3GX with latest firmware update will fly very similiar to a beastx. It's more of a pain to setup but once you get it the flight characteristic are very similiar. People compare the 250 to the 130x I don't think that is anywhere near true. The 130x is a pretty dang stable machine. I think the 250 flies like the brushless version of the mcpx with a brushed tail motor. Squirly as heck and easy to blow the tail out.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xokia View Post
I put a beastx on mine flew just like the 3GX no improvement. The 3GX with latest firmware update will fly very similiar to a beastx. It's more of a pain to setup but once you get it the flight characteristic are very similiar. People compare the 250 to the 130x I don't think that is anywhere near true. The 130x is a pretty dang stable machine. I think the 250 flies like the brushless version of the mcpx with a brushed tail motor. Squirly as heck and easy to blow the tail out.
Umm, ok, not my experience though. I bought a 250 on a whim despite hearing all the 'horror stories' about how bad they were. Initially didnt like it with the beastx but after about 20 flights had it fully dialed in and it flew 'alot different' than it did initially. It was unstable initially but I worked that out and it became 'very stable'. I almost gave up on it but it flys great now, enough so that I bought a second and am considering ditching the 130s (and I seriously LOVE my 130s)

So for me, it flies just like my 130s(actually more stable) I fly back to back with only a little larger, never had the tail blow out. Mine flies nothing like my MCPX BL (MCPX V2 converted or actual MCPX BL).

Oh wait, just figured out im in the 300x forum.....250s are pigs.

See amain has the 300xs on sale again, will probably order one this week and pick up a set of carbon blades (oh wait, they were discontinued)
Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

it's hard to compare a 250 with a 300x. they are very different birds. The older 250s had tail blowout but the newer ones don't. So let that rumor die a peaceful death.
the 300 flies like a larger heli. for a 120.00 bird it is pretty good it needs a few upgrades to make it work well. not a big deal for the low cost. the 250 with a beastx is twice the price. it is very stable far more then I thought it would be and It would be hard to say if it is about the same as the 300x.
The 250 is a great heli for a smaller area it has plenty of power and it is a quality bird out of the box. but it can have it's quirks too. it took me a few weeks to get the hang of it but now I can fit it in the same space I can fly the 130 pretty much. it needs a bit more expo to calm it down till your reflexes get faster (not sure if mine ever will. I finely broke my first set of blades after two dress and lots of crashes in the grass and one in the blackberries. but in crashes in grass it really holds up well. I have had several crashes in a row and no problems at all.
but it is much smaller and and not as slow as larger birds like a 300x and up.
nothing wrong with the 300x
I love and was scared of my 300x and flew it every day till it took a blackberry nap. so I got a 250 and it fits in a smaller area and holds up better to my poor flying skills. it flies morel ike a 130x with a big motor but more stable and a great tail.
Fooferdoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooferdoggie View Post
it's hard to compare a 250 with a 300x. they are very different birds. The older 250s had tail blowout but the newer ones don't. So let that rumor die a peaceful death.
Not a rumor for me....I had the latest 250 pro dfc with the Align DS425 tail servo. Tried every combination of tail blades out there. You would either get tail wag or if you went to the smaller blades you would blow the tail out.

It was a very finiky helicopter. The screws in the plastic main bearing blocks would strip out as if screwed into butter. The rest of the screws that went into plastic it was the same deal. They would always back out and fall out of the helicopter. Which the only way to fix that is to put CA on the screws but then the people wanting to buy the heli want to make sure you didn't do that Then the awesome linear BEC would cause brown outs because it cant handle the load of the helicopter it was designed to run on.

For me that thing was a constant battle and I realized I was spending more time trying to make it fly right then I was actually flying the thing. The cyclic servos dont move enough to even register properly with beastx your always in the color right before the correct color to indicate enough movement for 6 degrees. It's also a very expensive heli when it comes down to it. It uses the same cyclic servos the trex 450 uses. And the rest of the parts are very similar priced to a trex 450. I can fly my 450 in a smaller area then I could that 250 and with significantly more control. At which point I had to ask myself why not just own the 450 and get rid of the 250.

The 300x flies fine right out of the box assuming you dont have a tail servo go out. Its rock solid in the air and has a rock solid tail and its cheap to fly and maintane. Each person has an opinion and mine is just that just an opinion. I wouldn't go anywhere near another trex 250 I wouldn't even trade a 300x for one. As for the GAUI X2 seems people tend to like them but I haven't owned one.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll stay away from both the 130X and T-Rex 250
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #33 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
I'll stay away from both the 130X and T-Rex 250
The 130x is one of my favorite helis. Some people complain about them but I have learned so much from that heli. It takes a serious beating before you need to replace parts. I stoppped flying it because it doesn't do tick toks all that well and that is what I am trying to learn currently on my 300x.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm more on the "bigger flies better" bandwagon now. I have a large field at my doorstep, and I'm able now to save it from most mistakes... unless I cannot see properly.

So I'm more for a 500/550 and a 700 as my really good machines. The 300X is the biggest I can fit into my backpack. I take the bike to work every day and do some flying on my way to work. Empty field, good light, kickstarting the day!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
I'm more on the "bigger flies better" bandwagon now. I have a large field at my doorstep, and I'm able now to save it from most mistakes... unless I cannot see properly.

So I'm more for a 500/550 and a 700 as my really good machines. The 300X is the biggest I can fit into my backpack. I take the bike to work every day and do some flying on my way to work. Empty field, good light, kickstarting the day!
Yea I am at the same point the 130x just doesnt get flown anymore. I really like my 700 but to scared to toss it around like I do the 300x. 300x is cheap enough that it's my beater heli and what I learn new things on. Just need to get a better motor for it. That scorpian motor I ordered still isn't in.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got my Scorp directly from the manufacturer = expensive, but hopefully worth it.

The Parkfly is not bad. But it really (at least for me on my level) needs some serious HS in order to do good 3D. Packs need to be really good.

I have tested with a 850 mAh pack = a lot lower disc loading, it made tic-tocs a lot easier! Downside is less flight time. (Could also be that it's more rear heavy with this setup. But it sure feels a lot more nimble!)

Does the X2 do tic-tocs well being lighter and powerful?

I'm debating with myself selling off my 3x mCPx dual brushless birds too. They haven't been up in the air for a long time now...
Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Does the X2 do tic-tocs well being lighter and powerful?
Gaui X2 3D - Gaiu Team Pilot Alvin Chai (3 min 36 sec)

Rocking the Gaui x2 at MIDAMERICA FUNFLY 2013 (3 min 15 sec)

It definitely can tic toc well. Of course, it's always easier on a bigger bird. But the X2 will take everything that you can throw at it.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow! That looks extremely good!

It kinda looks smaller in the air vs. a 300X. But is looks so much more nimble, quick and powerful!

Thx guys!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a possibility that some believe when we say 250 we mean the Align 250 instead of the GAUI X2? Some responses suggest this is so.
taffrail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, this conversation has meandered to include discussion of the flight characteristics of the 300x / Align 250 / Gaui X2 in comparison to each other... All three birds have been discussed here.

I would say that every time the number 250 has been mentioned in this thread, we're talking about the Align T Rex 250 in that moment.

I was not confused before, but now I'm confused by your question, taffrail. Huh?
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in