Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Copter X tail slop... and solutions

ok guy's not a new problem and i'm sure it's been covered before but for the benifit of those not wanting to trawl through endless thread. It's a problem most CX owners and Align tail unit owners for that matter will be all to familiar with, i was hoping you kind gent's would leave me as much info as poss about:

What you did to combat the issue?
Did you solve it altogether!?
What recomendations can you make?

I have looked at many different solutions and god arn't some expensive to start im trying these 3DX parts to see how i go they should be here tomorrow so ill report back once i've tried them.
In the mean time please feel free to add stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UGT12_B.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	91789   Click image for larger version

Name:	UGT13_BIG.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	91790  
lex7919 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

I haven't encountered any issues with my tail yet, so I can pitch in!

Though right now my CX head's flybar seesaw is being a huge pregnant dog.... I think I lost a washer or something, as now when I tighten the screws it doesn't feel loose, and if I loosen the screws, it's okay but the screws are loose. Bah! Damn potential bearing issue.
B2TheEYo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What slop are you talking about? Pitch slop caused by the slider?

karen
"Tarbosaurus" HDX-450 SE v4 flown 96x crashed 7x 2221-8 v2; D202MGs; 2100T+DS290G belt cp 450 fl/cr 35:11x HK-450fl/cr 22:4 e-smart 600 fl/cr 13:1 Lama V4 fl 7 HK-T500 fl/cr 5:1 3026-1210; HS-225MGs DX6i Total flights: 171; crashes: 24 "Accident Free for 1 Flights!" --- www.tarbosaurus.org
nasukaren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Basically yes Karren if you hold the bell crank arm totally still and then twist the tail blade you will see ALOT of slop-bad! and the more u fly it the worse it will get, ideally you don't want to be able to move the tail blades more than a mm, even that i wouldn't like.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alex
I have already sort of made my mind up in that I will just go for a T-Rex tail unit next time. Although some of those 3DX options look good. Snag is I have not physically seen one, whereas I know what I will be getting with the Align tail.

I have a bit of sloppiness with the slider, but not too bad, and I continually check the tail to reduce the tendency for vibrations, especially making sure the screws are all tight; that the casing is solid. What is amazing is the amount of vibes you get in the tail/boom when the head is not just RIGHT. That's a helicopter for you...........lol:
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do have a Copterx tail, no checking up on me Ian, lol, I know I do, because I got it from CopterxUK, and there is now no slop at all. I am not sure where the slop comes from in your system, but when I get home this weekend, if you like, I will video you my tail and show you how solid it is. I did have a problem with a significant amount of slop, but it was caused by a fault with the bush being loose in the housing. I did post something about fixing it. I'll edit the post, if I find it, and include it as a cross reference. Maybe your issue is the same?

Here it is: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...32&post1165832
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Herr Sutt ve haf reason to sink der head you haf on zer Exicopflug ich ein Pdjin Helicopfulg head nich ein CopterX helicopflug head Vass Ich Das reason fur zis Dumkopf!!!! Zer Beltiforum guidlines clearly Specify Der CopterX helicopflug head as der upgraden Fur plastik heads!!!
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ian du kartoffelnkopf!!!!!!!!!!! We talk about ze tail rotor unit, you nitwit!!!!!!!!!!!!
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ack sheizen Zorry
Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lex the micro heli slider looks great, are you sure the belcrank mount is the right distance from the output shaft ?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure what you were saying Ian, but it made me laugh.
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 04-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
I do have a Copterx tail, no checking up on me Ian, lol, I know I do, because I got it from CopterxUK, and there is now no slop at all. I am not sure where the slop comes from in your system, but when I get home this weekend, if you like, I will video you my tail and show you how solid it is. I did have a problem with a significant amount of slop, but it was caused by a fault with the bush being loose in the housing. I did post something about fixing it. I'll edit the post, if I find it, and include it as a cross reference. Maybe your issue is the same?

Here it is: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...32&post1165832
Hi, sutty no the problem you show is not the issue, when i first got it new a couple of weeks ago it was fine no slop, and really i think the rate of wear is probably not unreasonable and if i had done the number of flights i have in last two week's over a period of 2 months instaed which would maybee be about right it could be considered as normal wear!??

But i'm not happy with that, the slop is in 2 places the ball on the bottom of the slider WILL work loose eventually due to it been plastic thats one. And then there is slop in the bearing/bushing but that is seated correctly.

The amount is not alot but i like perfection so to me it's to much, maybee Slop as it is thought of might be the wrong word for it, it might be better discribed as play, which is inherant to this design of tail pitch slider.

The method of controlling the slider via 1 ball link to me seems very inadequate and i was very surprised to find this when i recived my head and tail! I will go as far to say that the Stock belt design is better!!

Perfect pitch slider controll can only be obtained if the slider is held top and bottom as found on the real high 450's they all implement this system so i am surprised that Copter X and Align don't.

Where the ball link is held by the bell crank, if held still twist the blade back and forth and it moves along the shaft! Not helped by the Arm been plastic either.the use of a singal bottom ball link allows this. This is not what i want.

So began the seemingly endless search for an answer, Skip said he wouldn't have this so will buy Align well i tried that to and the CNC lever arm to but it's still esentially the same system/ design and whilst i admit it was better it is not perfect!, there are many threads and post in the Trex 450 section on the forum and many suggested solutions which all eventually come back to the design having floors.

I recived these parts today i can say without doubt that all link's are ball raced and there is absolutely zero slop or movement in this assembly, so once i get it fitted and fly it i will be back and able to give my findings on it but so far it is looking extremely promissing.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 777 View Post
Lex the micro heli slider looks great, are you sure the belcrank mount is the right distance from the output shaft ?
Ian do you mean that when fitted am i sure the forks that hold the pitch slider will be correctly positioned along the centre line of the tail shaft??

If so then yes it fits like a glove.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you tried putting a small amount of fuel tube under the plastic hoop on the ball link as shown here.... http://runryder.com/fastphoto/37322/100_0624.jpg that supposedly eliminates a lot of slop
[B][COLOR="Blue"]
psilo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alex,
did you look at this one [ about half way down the listing in blue ]:

http://www.sportsmoto.co.uk/cgi-bin/...%23a1058#a1058

Skip
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gerd, yes mate i'm already running with the fuel tube on it improves it but as you know fuel tube is soft and flexible so it will never solve it.
But thankyou for the thought
Old 04-15-2009, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
Alex,
did you look at this one [ about half way down the listing in blue ]:

http://www.sportsmoto.co.uk/cgi-bin/...%23a1058#a1058

Skip
Thats what i brought Mike and from there, im sorry that's my fault i got the pic's else where as the item's on moto site don't match if you look at the items individually they bell crank is the wrong type but is just the pic the right one comes with the slider, i do belive that they have put a note on the listing there somewhere i haven't checked but thats what he said he'd do.
Also if you get the items seperate then you will need longer tail shaft and new blade holders too! More on this soon.I'm finding all this out as i'm going.
I am actually doing a bit of assesment for Sportsmoto well i should say for Mark who's company it is after we had a chat on the phone today, i might add to that he is a throughly nice guy and is very pleasent to do business with. I'm just waiting for a couple parts from him so i can begin and of course my finding's will be here first for you guy's. I don't stick my neck out for many but i really belive this tail combo might just turn out to be a real winner.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:43 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad I found this thread. I have a CopterX V2 tail and head on my T-Rex and the tail sop has become terrible. It wasn't too bad when I first got it (not slop free by any means) but after a crash that broke one of the pitch arms the slop is now so bad that the tail wag just wont go away, no matter how low I set my gyro sensitivity.
I will definitely not be buying this brand again.
bobloblaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in