Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 06:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default heliboy es is a scammer@!!!

so i sold close to 3 grand in heli stuff this past month, my sim, a 250se, my controller, all my tools, chargers, lipo's, litterally everything, sold it for 840$ on ebay with 60 dollars shipping...i packed it perfectly and sent it on it's way, i go back to my paypal account today to see why nothing has been getting paid for only to find that this (heliboy _es) has filed a dispute, without even bothering to email me, said the items came damaged. and doesn't want to pay for anything. my account is negative over $770 bucks now

what do i do here boys??? i don't even know how to get in contact with this guy, paypal certainly wont let me, and i DEFINATELY can't afford to pay 900 bucks to have it shipped back here and sell it all over again....

the only thing i could think of that didn't involve fighting this for years with this heliboy, did i mention he lives in spain? well the only thing i can think of is to relist the item and have him ship it to the winner as is, im assuming the damage can't be much if at all this kid is just being petty. sorry i gotta go to work and i wanted to vent. what would you guys do?
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So sorry to hear of your dilemma. I cringe when I hear stories like this but as a seller myself I NEVER ship anything out of the US. These situations are a lot easier to take care of when both parties live in the US. If there was damage to the box the shipping company could come out and inspect it and pay the insurance assuming you took it out. Second if it was me I would have transferred that money right to my bank account as soon as the transaction was completed to prevent from Paypal putting a hold on it. Honest sellers get screwed all the time by dishonest buyers (not saying heliboy is a scammer...just a general statement) using Paypal all the time. And Paypal is definitely biased toward the buyers. Needless to say your in a tough position right now and I would suggest getting this guys phone number and calling him to see how you can work through the problem. Its really messed up that he filed a claim without contacting you first and thats not a good sign. The only thing you can do is hope there was just a misunderstanding and get in communication with this guy. Good luck

Chris_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

If he filed a claim right off the bat without contacting you, then there is a serious problem.... Chances are you are now a victim of a scam....

I would contact paypal and find out what this fella used as justification for these actions...

Hopefully you took photos of the items being prepped for shipping and then it being shipped off... It will go a long way with closing the case and getting your money back...
rovpilot26 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

or maybe take a trip to Spain!! I had a problem like that once.. took a lot of phone calls with PayPal, but they eventually realized that it was a scam.. Put constant pressure on PayPal, and continue to ask to speak to supervisors.. They do have the power to "make it right"..
Geardaddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use the Paypal resolution center. He will have to ship it back to you if it is damaged, at worst you will pay the 60$ shipping to get it back. Stick with the process. If you drop the ball..you will be the looser. Did you insure it ? If Paypal reimbursed him..he have to ship the stuff back. Paypal do not reimburse him right away. They keep the money until he ship.

You do not know how to get in contact with the buyer ? Common..on Ebay seller and buyer can contact each other by the message center. In Paypal you have his email also.

Definitely a bad idea to relist and get it shipped by him to a new buyer. If it is damaged, it have to come back to you.

Filing a claim with Paypal does not make him a scammer unless he does not ship. So stick to the Paypal process and get your stuff back.
UH1H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethf8403 View Post
the only thing i could think of that didn't involve fighting this for years with this heliboy, did i mention he lives in spain? well the only thing i can think of is to relist the item and have him ship it to the winner as is, im assuming the damage can't be much if at all this kid is just being petty. sorry i gotta go to work and i wanted to vent. what would you guys do?
He filed a dispute with PP before contacting you and is most likely scamming you for the money and the goods and now you want to trust him to ship the stuff to someone else and possibly get a 3rd party involved in the scam? That sounds like a bad idea to me from all angles. I think you should stay on PP to investigate further and try to get your goods or your money back.

I only sell to continental US and I don't use PP for anything larger than I can afford (or find acceptable) to lose. If it is outside that range then it's cash in person or money order and the item is shipped when the money order clears.
rctazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Paypal does not allow disputes over the condition of an item. They only prevent against no item/wrong item sent. Contact them, but they should drop the claim rather quickly.

Edit: He might be mad, the box could have gotten damaged in transport. Legally that's his problem too and he needs to take it up with the shipping company, not you.
drakenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

'heliboy es' is not a registered user of this site.
heli-on is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Umm, why did you ship before you got the payment?
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
Umm, why did you ship before you got the payment?
Never ship until payment clears, if the buyer complains, then cancel the transaction, because you will get screwed... eventually.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honesty guys I would never sell anyone anything over seas and if you do only as a gift so this can't happen..sucks he.did this to you man..seems like most problems come from jerkoff offs over seas cause they know they can get away with it more easily...I know know if that was me I would have emailed you first and.see if we.could of worked something out..and if it was damaged during shipping its not your fault....I hope it all works out for you
kdenn0181 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

the money is in holding, but he cannot get his hands on it until he has PROVED he has shipped it back. I've had this happen to me as well with unrelated stuff, but in the end the buyer failed to send back the item so i just got my money back
RĒzĒ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakenn View Post
Paypal does not allow disputes over the condition of an item. They only prevent against no item/wrong item sent. Contact them, but they should drop the claim rather quickly.

Edit: He might be mad, the box could have gotten damaged in transport. Legally that's his problem too and he needs to take it up with the shipping company, not you.

I suggest you read paypal and ebay terms of agreement, the seller is responsible in every way to make sure the item is received by the buyer, and that he receives it as described. Meaning, if you sold something and said it worked, and they received it broken, its the sellers problem. Shipping companies are not part of the transaction, they are merely a 3rd party. This is where shipping insurance comes into play, if you use ebay and don't ship using insurance, its your own problem. Spain has a lot of scammers as well, every time i hear about an ebay scam its from shipping to spain. Now, best case scenario here, the guys said the stuff was damaged, so have him send it back. You would have really been screwed if he said it was shipped with bricks in the box, but now he is at least forced to give you back the merchandise, ask for certified signature shipping, and do no sign for it unless everything is in the box.
JackdaWack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by backburner1955 View Post
Never ship until payment clears, if the buyer complains, then cancel the transaction, because you will get screwed... eventually.
I don't believe pay pal works like that, if they want to charge back your account, it doesnt matter if the money already cleared. Unless of course you closed down your account.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

yes he may not necessarilly be a scammer but anybody that would lock up my paypal and ebay accounts over something like this without even sending me an email really seems suspitious, and the fact that he is asking for a full refund when i sent him hundreds of items, im sure if anything broke it wasn't one of the more valuble things in the box, since they were packed the best and happened to be the strongest, if something was damaged all he had to do was email me about it and i would have been happy to fix the issue.

i sent the item after the payment had cleared, and a month later (now) he has filed this claim and paypal has frozen my account. i did find his email adress finally but have yet to get a response...

seriously i hate paypal so much, i have done my very best to be one of the good guys in the ebay world, and yet ive gotten nothing but trouble from them, they are an evil money grubbing corporation who offer almost nothing and of course charge you a fortune!
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ebay and paypal work the best together. They see stuff like this happen all day long and they would rather see the right thing happen in the end, unfortunately they have to go by what they see.
If you play your cards right and happen to be the good guy, chances are you will get the money back, and or merchandise. Don't bother trying to contact the buyer, since he opened a dispute in paypal, keep all the communication in there. And keep it very civil to the point. From here on out make sure that anything being sent or received must be signed for upon approval of delivery, not just delivery, you want the option to inspect the box before you sign for it.

One thing you want to stress to paypal and ebay is that the dispute is premature, and that the buyer did not give you the chance to reconcile any issues. Because of this you feel that the buyer may be scamming you. Keep things hypothetical, you dont want to look like your pointing a finger but merely making a point. To open a dispute you need to meet the criteria, and i believe the buyer must at least try and contact the seller first.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in