Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default N5C owners

Have N5C with Vbar 5.2. Collective pitch setup is off the charts at 16+ degrees. I have moved the balls in on the servo arms to 10mm. Cannot go any further without binding the servo. Head is stock N5C.

I cannot get this down into the 13-14 degree range without taking it out of travel adjust in the radio, and I do not want to do that.

I must be missing something.

Any thoughts?
Mikey D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are your linkage lengths from the bellcrank to the swash and from the swash to the grip arms. My N5c is setup stock and I had no issues.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

23 and 55

This is the measured shank, or from the bottom of the link to the bottom of the other link.

I think the manual shows 24 and 56 so I do not think that is the issue?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine are at 24mm and 53.25mm. My servo arms are at 11mm (2nd hole on the 4 arm Futaba horns). I also have the longer balls on the swash which are supposed to give more cyclic. I attached my vbar file for comparison. I have the 8 degrees of cyclic and 14 degrees of pitch with my setup. What radio are you running?
Attached Files
File Type: vbr N5c.vbr (5.3 KB, 38 views)
Old 05-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey D View Post
Have N5C with Vbar 5.2. Collective pitch setup is off the charts at 16+ degrees. I have moved the balls in on the servo arms to 10mm. Cannot go any further without binding the servo. Head is stock N5C.

I cannot get this down into the 13-14 degree range without taking it out of travel adjust in the radio, and I do not want to do that.

I must be missing something.

Any thoughts?
First things first.....

What is the value of the Collective slider in the Vbar software? (COLLECTIVE tab)
Have you tried reducing it? (Try to keep value between 80 & 100)
Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for responding...after a bit more tweaking on the length of the rods, I can report that I am getting 13.5 on the bottom and top end.* My slider in the Vbar program is at 76.* The Vbar program suggest 80-100 is in the green.

On the servo arm I am 10mm from the screw to the ball. I am using JR 8717 with the smaller wheels.

On the swash the balls are long that connect to the bell cranks, and short that connect to the pitch link

I am using JR9503. TX travel adjust are all calibrated with Vbar program, sub trim in the radio are all at zero in all modes. Trim tabs are all centered.

Am I missing something in the radio?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The long swash balls should be on the links that connect to the grips. From the description above it sounds like they are currently on the washout/swash driver arms. I would also try going out to the next hole on the servo arms. That may get you back into the green. Your radio setup sounds okay. You can verify it by going to the vstabi.info site. They have screen shots of most of the radio settings. The 9503 may be listed as the 9x or something similar.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In the radio are the end points for your pitch channel at 100 and 100?

and your pitch curve is 0-50-100?

VControl, Neo, Hobbywing, Goblin 570(s)
povern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just reread your post so disregard my comments on the swash. I'm guessing all 4 of the balls on the inner swash are the shorter ones. If so I would pickup some of the longer ones. If you decide to try the longer ones make sure to dremel off about 1mm from the threaded end. The threads are just a bit too long and can bind against the swash ball making it feel notchy.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are default 100 and 100 0-50-100 in all three modes.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Gscott
Did you put longer balls on on your N5C to get within the range? Sorry, I am not following your other recomendation to go further out on the servo arms. I may have not done a good job of explaining that I have way to much pitch with the slider down at 74 degrees. Going out another hole on the servo would provide even more pitch causing me to reduce the slider even more would it not?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I misread your issue. I thought you were at 76 on the Vbar slider but could only get 13.5. Are you able to post pictures showing your radio menus for the swash setup (should be 1 servo Normal or something like that), subtrim, and travel adjust? I fly Futaba so it's been awhile since I've seen the JR menus. One thing I remember from my days with a 9303 is that JR enables pitch trim by default. This causes the sliders on the side of the transmitter to affect the pitch when in normal mode.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in