Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem!!

So the other day I completely rebuilt my CX2 from the ground up... new motors, new gears, new shafts, new battery tray... you get the point. Upon completion and anticipation of gettting in the air, all I get is very rapid spinning on ground...

I removed and replaced the shaft collar multiple times and still no luck, that was the problem last time I had something like this happen. It almost looks like both of my rotors are spinning in the same direction as opposed to counter clockwise. Could I have put one of the motors on backwards or something? Is that even possible? Mybe my upper rotor head is slipping? I've got no other ideas.

Any help?
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup! Sounds like both blades are indeed spinning in the same direction. To verify, very slowly advance the throddle till both blades just start to spin. They should be going in opposite directions. if not ,then either you have one of the motor connectors plugged into the 3 in 1 / 4 in 1 controller backwards or if you just added new motors it is possible the wire leads are reversed on one of them and if so simply unsolder and reverse the one going the wrong way. The blades should turn in the direction of the longer leading edge. From an overhead view that is the lower blades are clockwise and the upper blades anti-clockwise.

Hope this helps.
BLADEDADDY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a similar problem on my son's mCX. One of the motor's top came off so we ordered and installed a new one, plugging it in to the board with the wire colors in the same position. The motor ran in the opposite direction so once I flipped the plug around it was fine. It was the correct motor and all but the wires must have been soldered the opposite of the original. Go figure.

Mike
Blade mCX S300, mCX2, Tandem Rescue, Blade CP+ w/Huey body, Blade CX3, Heli-Max CX Micro S300, Heli Max CX Nano, Syma S107, Nine Eagles Bravo SX, Nine Eagles Draco Coax, Nine Eagles Bravo III Coax, E-Sky Nano w/Jet Ranger body
Ferret Dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys I'll give it a shot after work today and hopefully be flying again!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Back in business, I appreciate the help guys! Didn't realize that these plugs would even work backwards, but hey now I know!
Old 05-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am going through a similar experience. Hopefully this will work for me too.
cbabe001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in