Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just got my Futaba 8FG, now what?

Hi there,

I just got my Futaba 8FG and i am not sure what to do next. I have the blade cp pro 2 and i already googled for some info on how to setup up the heli, but no luck. Can i in general use setting from the 10C? I would think so. Swash plate is swash plate, right? Can i check out finless bobs video tutorial and apply that to my Futaba???

I always thought that video tutorials show you how to do it on a specific radio but the settings are in general the same???

thanks,
G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have the 8FG. i have the 7C. Don't know whether it is the same. First you will have to set your swash type.
leonmike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i am really surprised that the dx7 made more sense than the futaba 8fg? i have to admit though, i know pretty much nothing about radios and setting up helis...ha ha.
i got to the part where i hooked up the servos according to the manual of the radio. the only thing now is, that ailerons is reversed and i cant fix it because i am not sure if i have to change some settings or just plug in the servos the other way...

thanks,
G
Old 12-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you set the correct swash type (like HR3 etc...) first. Then make sure the swash setting for aileron n elevator is at +50 and pitch is at -50...
leonmike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

watch finless bob's ccpm setup in heliskills 101 this should give you a good start not sure about the 8fg radio I have a 7c and a 10c and they are very simular so I would think the 8fg is like most Futaba Radio's set the swash for 120 cpm hr3 look at the way the servos are arranged no familiar with the cp pro but for my trex 450 this is the swash. after watching finliess bob's ccpm setup and you are still not sure what to do pm me and I will see if I can help or just post here again have a great day Rick
Trickycopterrc.blogspot.com
Trickycopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonmike View Post
Did you set the correct swash type (like HR3 etc...) first. Then make sure the swash setting for aileron n elevator is at +50 and pitch is at -50...
i have everything set to positive 50
i changed under h/w set - h/w reverse, J1 = REV
AIL and THR are reversed

those are the only changes i made other than setting up a throttle and pitch curve...

i flew it and i worked fine. the only problem i have it that elevator trim is reversed...i am sure i did something wrong and even though it flies, its not right...

thanks,
G
Old 12-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickycopter View Post
watch finless bob's ccpm setup in heliskills 101 this should give you a good start not sure about the 8fg radio I have a 7c and a 10c and they are very simular so I would think the 8fg is like most Futaba Radio's set the swash for 120 cpm hr3 look at the way the servos are arranged no familiar with the cp pro but for my trex 450 this is the swash. after watching finliess bob's ccpm setup and you are still not sure what to do pm me and I will see if I can help or just post here again have a great day Rick
Rick,

thanks for the info. i downloaded the videos but haven't had a chance to watch them. like i said in my reply before yours, i flew the bird and only had a trim issue. the elevator trim is reversed???
i am gonna check the videos and see if things make more sense. thanks for the help...

Georgios
Old 12-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If switching from a Spektrum to a Futaba, pretty much all of the servo channels should be reversed. It's a left-hand, right-hand kind of thing. Don't reverse the swash directions until you know the servos are going the right way. Once the channels are going the right way, then the trims will also make sense.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
If switching from a Spektrum to a Futaba, pretty much all of the servo channels should be reversed. It's a left-hand, right-hand kind of thing. Don't reverse the swash directions until you know the servos are going the right way. Once the channels are going the right way, then the trims will also make sense.
i know there is a lot of info out there on how to do things. i have not seen one that shows what to do in what order? what do i have to do first?

thanks,
G
Old 12-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only thing that needs to be done first is to choose the swash control type. You have to do this even before you name the model, on my radio. After that, you can do anything in any order. Follow the CCPM Setup videos (two parts), as they are done on a Futaba T7C which should be very similar to the process.
halley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
i know there is a lot of info out there on how to do things. i have not seen one that shows what to do in what order? what do i have to do first?

thanks,
G
Note that setting the swash type resets all the defaults for that particular model!!

George
George1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
The only thing that needs to be done first is to choose the swash control type. You have to do this even before you name the model, on my radio. After that, you can do anything in any order. Follow the CCPM Setup videos (two parts), as they are done on a Futaba T7C which should be very similar to the process.
thanks for the info. gonna have to check out the videos. what if i set the swat type and the servos are going the wrong way? do i reverse them in the radio or do i have replug them, or something like that?

thanks,
G
Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by George1234 View Post
Note that setting the swash type resets all the defaults for that particular model!!

George
good to know...had no idea!

thanks
G
Old 12-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
thanks for the info. gonna have to check out the videos. what if i set the swat type and the servos are going the wrong way? do i reverse them in the radio or do i have replug them, or something like that?

thanks,
G
You reverse servos in the transmitter. BUT..............the swash settings for elevator, aileron, and pitch have to be the right combination of - & +. I always have trouble with this and I can't explain how to do it but it is explained in Finless' videos on eccm setup.

George
George1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

i finally got a chance to watch the videos!!! Damn, there is a lot of stuff involved...i had no idea! everything makes way more sense now after watching the videos...

thanks,
G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in