Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GPRO Gyro and Elevator Reserved - please help

I have a 550L and 450L and they are both doing the exact same thing... I cant figure it out.

Both are using the Align Gpro and both were installed and setup per the manual. All stick movements are correct on the Align software aswell as the swash movement. Also the rudder movement is correct as well

Issue one: My elevator movement although correct in the align setup software (stick up software moves up) but after the setup is complete the elevater movement is reserved. They only way I have found to fix this is to reserved the movement on TX which of course references the movement in the Gpro software. I cant seem to figure out....

Issue two: My gyro compensation is also reversed for whatever reason.. Tilt the copter forward the gyro should compensate and move the swash plate backwards but it move forwards.

Any suggestions would be great. I have gone over the manual 100 times... Since its happening the same to both the 550L and 450L I am hoping and assuming its something easy and me being a knucklehead...
jaybretzke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

To add... All other procedures went fine (swash plate leveling, pitch zeroing, swash direction, cyclic zeroed, and pitch 12 degrees)...

Everything here was good and straight forward....
Old 07-20-2016, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone around today or is my question just a stupid one?
Old 07-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Only advice I can give is that you have somewhere done something wrong.
What TX you using?
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 02:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

DX8 i fixed the elevator issue.....

but still haven't figured out the gyro compensation
Old 07-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

1. Delete the model on the TX. Create a new one from scratch. Dual rates 100%, no expo, swash type normal, subtrims disabled.
2. In TX servo setup make sure all channels normal and not reversed.
Then go into the GPRO software and re bind TX and then do travel adjustments so that FBL sees 100% travel for each stick, and reverse the servos in the TX where necessary so that the stick input matches the screen display. It is important you do this correctly as i suspect this is one step where you have done something wrong . Then select FBL orientation in software and make sure yu have this correct otherwise gyro compensation will be wrong.
Now go into swash type selection in the software, select the correct swash, and only then reverse the channels in the software to get correct swash moment. Don't change servo reverse settings in TX at this step at all!
After this stage you need to do the servo trimming in the software but you should already notice correct compensation movements
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2016, 08:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am checking.... I didnt think that reversing the elevator after the fact might miss with the gyro compensation.

I made the mistake initially thinking forward stick meant up and down... then I completed everything person the manual and up course the elevator action was reversed. after a quick i realized i was the dummy and just reserved the elevator servo on the TX but... I should have started from scratch... I am betting that will solve the gyro compensation....

Even Navy Diver Ocean Engineer has a physics lapse every now and then... Forward stick means up... Dumbass.... I cant believe i thought that...

I will try this out when I get home today....
Old 07-26-2016, 12:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Elevator is backwards on setup screen.

Down means push stick foward as heli nose would go down

Up means pull stick back ad heli nose goes up.

This should solve problem.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Team Align Enterprise Hobby Facebook
Align Part Finder
helislope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2016, 12:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fyi You can always call aligntrexstore for help.

Align Part Finder
Old 07-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did call them everything good except for gyro correction..

tilt nose forward swash should go back but goes forward. tail correction is working correctly as is everything else.

tired support said everything is fine as they walked me through it on the phone i just don't like that is doesn't follow the manual

that being said I was hovering both yesterday
Old 07-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

So only way I can get the gyro correction to work correctly is to select the gpro in the reserve direction during the setup..

Which makes me feel like its wrong but everything is now working correctly...

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-30-2016, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

1. You set transmitter stick direction in Transmitter & Receiver which is first sceen in setup menu. Use end points in radio to increase or decrease to get 100% throw each direction. Change channel reverse if necessary. Make sure direction of stick match sliders name tags in setup. You can use sub trim to set zero center stick if necessary. Center should be adjusted first as this affects end points.

2 Gryo Mount & Blade Direction. If you mounted the gpro at the rear of heli behind anti rotation bracket with wires facing the tail. Select the upper right picture. If not you must select right one based on how you mounted gpro to your heli. FYI the pitures are front or nose of heli is upper left corner and rear or tail is lower right of picture. You may have wrong pic selected.

3. Swashplate Type. 120 eCCPM rev.
Change servo direction, usually ch 3 to reverse. Basically you will change servo direction until all three servos move up when you move the throttle stick foward / up. All three servos move down when the throttle is moved down. You do not change in radio as this screws up step one above. Also make sure servos are pluged into the right plug on gpro to match picture.

If you have followed directions above you should good to go.

If you are still confused or stuck give me a call on Monday at Align trex store. As your prior post let me know we had a miss communication.

Thanks

Gale
Enterprise Hobby

Align Part Finder
Old 07-31-2016, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gale appreciate your help...

I have gone though the setups multiple times... the only way i get get the gyro correction to work correctly is to select the top left picture. which is opposite of how the gyro is mounted... But when selected... everything works correctly... I also found another thread here on helifreak and they had to do the same thing...

Any suggestions?

Last edited by jaybretzke; 08-01-2016 at 04:07 PM..
Old 07-31-2016, 07:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have the elevator throws set correctly in set up screen 1 the top right pic should work based on gpro mounting.

Down means push elevator stick forward moving heli nose down

Up means pull elevator stick back moving heli nose up.

Most important is the swash must correct moving the opposite direction when you tilt the heli.

Gale

Align Part Finder
Old 08-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gale,

Everything is working correctly. Except I have to select top left photo for the gyro location...

All the other items you listed are working correctly.... However if I select then top right picture (which is how the gpro is actually mounted) the gyro correction will be opposite the direct it should be...

regardless of the this... all other control and movements are working correctly and match the software setup...
Old 08-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybretzke View Post
I did call them everything good except for gyro correction..

tilt nose forward swash should go back but goes forward
tilt nose forward swash should go foreward ( right stick pushed forward ) is correct .
whichever way the swash goes , the heli should also go , swash tilts right , heli will go right , ect.
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed but if I select the actual picture in the software that represent how the gpro is actually mounted on the my 450 and 550L... the gyro correction is opposite what should happen here the manual...

you if tilt the nose turn the the swash should go down

I can only get this to work correctly if I select the reverse image (top left) in the software when compared to how the gpro is mounted.

Everything else is working correctly. (i.e. swash, ail, ele, rudder, rudder correction)
Old 08-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very good informations here.

Gale, donīt you have experience with Graupner receiver in Gpro unit ?

I only get installing how a convencional receiver, but I know that itīs possible to do it how a Satellite mode In SUMD HD, but I donītn know in wich input channel i do it on GPRO unit.

Thank you !
Pablo Schardong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok... So I watched a few youtube videos and all is well...

I was looking for the swash correction not the initial swash movement.

Gale you rock thanks!!!
Old 08-09-2016, 11:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to here you have gpro setup working. If you have any issue give me a call anytime Phone number is listed on website aligntrexstore.com

Gale

Align Part Finder

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in