Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Innova 700, 600, 550, 450

KDS Innova 700, 600, 550, 450 KDS Innova 700, 600, 550, 450 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 550

I can pick up a 550 very cheap. Are the servo's and ebar throw aways
sresener is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't use the ebar because I already had a beastX. Most of the people I know with the innova 550 use the ebar, haven't heard any complaints. Everyone I know with the innova 550 still uses the stock servos, they seem fine for the job and are cheap to replace if the worst should happen!
rebeltrousers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly the 550 95% stock with the combo kit servos and E-Bar. I'm totally happy no issues at all.

Just note that those servos are very power hungry. I can get the 3 swash servos to pull 10+ amps simply by applying pressure to the swash with my hand. All that this means is that if you use a BEC, it must be able to deliver 10 amps, or if you use a receiver pack, size it accordingly. I put 280 mAh back into my receiver pack after a single 6 minute flight, so I can only safely do 4 flights on a 1400mAh LiFe pack.

Oh and the other thing. The included BEC is rated to 3S only, so it's useless for this purpose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in