Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail problems

ok,I have some issues that I don't understand,my hdx 500 has a problem with the tail blade grips.the stock blade grip flew off during a hover so I replaced the complete tail assembly with an hc500 tail assembly,during a hover one tail blade broke at the bottom of the blade near the grip,keep in mind this is a brand new tail assembly so everything is smooth ,I did notice some play where the blade grips attach ,if you pull on both blade grips they pull out just a little but gravity would keep them all the way out. the only other thing I notice is that when I use my outrage 6s 2200 everything worked fine ,it's only when I use my turnigy 2650 6s that has tons more power that everything goes awry.I'm so confused and frustrated,I've had this heli in the air four times and and twice I've had problems with the tail.
How tight do the blade grips need to be ,and will the little bit of end play on the grips affect this. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I'll take a short video of the slop if it will help someone to understand my problem.
frank26all is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only thing I can think of that might cause a blade to break like that is a faulty blade. As for your blade grips you shouldn't have any slop in there. I would suggest breaking down the grips and making sure all the bearings and washers are there and installed installed properly.Just in case you don't have it I've included a picture of the assembly from my HC500 manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3782.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	168525  
Danimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default tail problems

thanks danimal,I think your right,I may just have a defective tail blade .this bird is so amazingly agile I hate to get rid of it so I will try one more time to solve this problem,I may have had the grips to tight to begin with. and like everyone elses that i have read about , my headspeed is also so high it's a little intimidating , even higher than my 600 trex.
frank26all is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with Danimal on the tail slop, something has to be wrong in the assembly. I have never experienced any extra slop in the tail. Also, did you buy the HC tail blades? I have run them for a long time and never have had one fail either. I have since changed to some Trex blades ( i liked the color yellow for visibility ) still with no issues. I know what you mean with the Turnigy packs. I gain at least 200 rpm over my other packs. I am running the 3.0 3000 6S packs and they rock!! (i moved the canopy .250" forward to fit them)Your HC should tach well over the trex 600 in headspeed. The 600 should run about 2100 to 2300 maybe and the HC should be in the 2700 range. I know I have seen 3000 on mine a few times with the hot packs. Good luck and don't give up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in