Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 06:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default After several years of no-flying looking for a small heli

Hi All,
I'm looking to buy a small electric heli to come back to flying (didnt fly for 5 years). Back than MCP-X was the thing to get. Would you currently recommend the MCP-X or is there something better but roughly same size?
knfevg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would pre order the Blade 180 CFX. I have most of the micros and believe the 180 will be the micro to beat. Should be out early November .
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks d12bn.
I'll look into the 180 cdx but it looks like it a bit bigger than what I"m looking for (I want to be able to fly it indoor.)
Old 10-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If indoor means a house I would go with the Nano. If its a gym I love my Mcpx BL. The 180 CFX would also be good in a gym
Nano fun
Blade Nano Cpx inverted ceiling fan landing (1 min 10 sec)
Old 10-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sound cool! I also understand that 130 bl isn't that good?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

the 130 was discontinued because of a plethora of problems people were having with them. The 180 is the same size as the 130, dont let the naming fool you, it is just supposed to have all the kinks worked out of it. But if we have learned anything about blade from the 130 experience it is that blade has no problem pushing a 'beta' product to market and basically making the consumer a beta tester. And rather than addressing problems with the heli in question, they just discontinue it and make a new one, and people buy it up like fools. The 180 does look good don't get me wrong, I won't support those type of business practices at the price point they are at. It was a little different when it was walkera and the price was 1/2 as much and included a Tx to boot. Ya walkera did the same thing, however very few if any of there helis were ever plagued with as many problems as the 130.

If you need a RTF combo and are really set on being able to fly it inside take a look at the WL toys v977. Its 100 sized, brushless, comes with a Tx and can be had for under $100. And parts are cheap too! $100 to get back in the air and actually see if its something you want to continue doing anymore is a pretty good deal imo.
mrpaint is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 180 CFX is bigger than the 130 X, basically a stretched a 130. Not sure how they determine the size but I would call it a 150 with many improvements
Old 10-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm looking for a BnF.
So, no one else makes good micro helis?
Old 10-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

V977 for indoor flight. Comes with a tx and it has cheap parts. If you aleady have a tx then you can get a module. My module doesnt work well with dsmx though. I just use the one that came with it.
mike_drz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recommend a Walkera V120D02S-V2 as a cheap and reliable indoor machine. Flies well and is easy to fix should the furniture get into the way.
skippy55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

V911 or even 107G help to get flying. Under $40.00 !!
dino5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

What were you flying back then and do you still have a transmitter? The walkera Super with a devo7e is a good combination and with deviation it will fly other brands when your ready. V120d02 is really too big to fly indoors other than to hover. Hisky and Wltoys both have several options in the 80 - 100 size both fixed pitch and cp but the down side with them is protocals, you end up with a lot of cheep transmitters. Blade and Walkera are a bit more expensive but in the bind and fly group you will have a lot more options. One choice is to go with the Nano qx quad, once you get good with that in 3 axis mode flying a cp is just a small step up. What are you looking to do in the hobby, fly large 3d or just stay around the yard or in the house?
minidan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in