Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dolphin effect with new blades

I put a new brand of blades on my heli and noticed that I am getting the dolphin effect in fff and pitch pumps. I have parameter C all the way to max and it still does not get rid of it.

I read somewhere that moving the balls in on my cyclic servo horns could help. Is there any truth to this? If not what else can I try?

Thanks!

VControl Phoenix Sim
cygnar23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't change the ball locations, especially if step 'J' gave you proper resolution. Turn up gain on pot 1, if that doesn't work maybe your servos aren't up to snuff or your machine just doesn't like the blades. But first off, increase pot 1 cyclic gain.

Steve
Old 07-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

what kind of blades do you have now? I imagine you're using heavier blades than before and/or with the blades more towards the tips. So the Rotor is more inherently stable and the servos run out of torque fighting the natural pitch-up when you give it more pitch.

Removing the horizontal stabilizer on the tail might help a little. I'd recommend turning up pot 1 on the beast (more cyclic gain) and turning down pot 2 (feed forward). That will make your cyclic more robotic but allow the electronics to do more.

Other than that you can exchange speed for torque by going in one hole on the servos or vice versa.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!

I had pot 1 pretty high already and have tried turning it up to the max and I was still unable to get rid of the dolphin.

I haven't tried lowering pot 2. I like running that high as well.

I'll try lowering pot 2 with pot 1 high.

This is on my Gaui X5. I am running RJX full size servos which have pretty good torque. I was running Revolution blades for 2 years with no issue (100g) and I'm now running 523 Switch blades. I am not sure of the weight. I really like these blades in all other aspects of flight compared to the Revolutions but the Dolphin effect is really bad.

VControl Phoenix Sim
Old 07-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was a problem with Edge blades as well, 'switch' to Rails or Rotortechs and your problems will be solved!!

Steve
Old 07-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Funny you should say that, but the only blades I've ever used that I thought were poor performers with my 550, when it had a MB, were Edge blades. I thought I was treating myself, but I never made it fly as well as it did with just ordinary cheapo Align blades.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2015, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup!!!! Extremely pitchy in FFF, but hugely popular for the 3D guys because of how radically responsive they were. The Revolution blades were pretty good for the $, very similar to the Align blades really, but I cannot say enough about Rotortechs and Rails!!!!

Steve
Old 07-04-2015, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well this happened yesterday:

I guess I'll try aligns or Rotortech next.

VControl Phoenix Sim
Old 07-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thatta boy! Crashes are such a necessary evil, shame about that pretty canopy. If you can find the Rotortechs in the size you want you will be impressed!

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in