Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Brushless motor bearings . Best? How long?.

OK so I am new to the world of BL mCPX power having purchased a used pre converted one aprox. three weeks ago which I have not flown a great deal and was told it had aprox. 100 BL flights on it and more recently converting two others over to BL.

I noticed yesterday that the one with a CO5 and aprox. 125 flights has a failing bottom bearing. There is just the least amount of side to side shaft movement if you rock (rotate) the main shaft back and forth. I know some bearings are not of the greatest quality and I know that with a HS of 5000 the motor is turning 40,000 and that the load changes extremly fast .

I know about proper gear mesh , keeping bearings clean and lubed etc. but as I purchased this one ( one with failing bearing) used I really do not know its' past history. I di notice when I purchased it the gear mesh was a bit on the lose side which is better than being to tight.

How long do thes bearing normaly last ?
Are there better quality ones available without spending $10 each for them?

I have read many post of CO5 failing , being of low quality etc... but no one states how or why they failed.
Any othe motors tha use the same size bearing that have a history of long service life?
everydayflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has had that slop for 500 flights or so.... Worried me at first, but has not got worse. I give each bearing a drop of HeliOption oil every 10-15 flights.
motoracer5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in