Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default If had to upgrade one item, what would it be?

I was looking at the Microheli swashplate. Is that the one thing I should upgrade or is the stock fine?
hawkhero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Microheli swash is crash proof and will not separate in flight. Otherwise there is a thread about glue the stock swash.
Sailman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

I bet the swash is what gets the most votes here because of the separation issue the stock one has.. I'd glue the swash tho and put my 30$ somewhere else.... My main gear strips a lot so i'd be tempted to upgrade that or get a nice battery..
BeefKopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Don't like the idea of the swashplate bearing popping off in flight!
hawkhero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if the 300x swash would fit? It looks half plastic tho, so never mind.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkhero View Post
Don't like the idea of the swashplate bearing popping off in flight!
That's why you glue it.. The instructions are very easy to follow. Remove the swash, pop the two sections apart, apply a tiny bit of CA (superglue) to outside of the inner piece, and press it back together. I separated my first swash within seconds of my first hover. I've been through several crashes since with my glued swashplate and it hasn't failed me yet.

Note on separating the two sections - It's much easier to do with ball joint pliers, but can be done without them. I put my needle-nose pliers between the two halves and opened them, moving around the perimeter, until the unit separated.
temtnf8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, if you're looking for upgrades and have an LHS, check there for clearances. I was able to pick up a set of CF blades for a CP Pro for $10, and there are other parts available for the CP series that will also fit the SR.
temtnf8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My swash has been glued for at least a year and a half, I have never replaced it and the links still fit very snug, no slop,,,so I would say glue the swash and bling her out some other way.
joeblades is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my sr 4 months ago. Lots of flights and not one seperation. Someone said a long time ago there is a manufacturing difference from old style to new style that fixes the seperation issue.

Im very happy i got B400 landing gear, and my bigger battery and with this heli being so tail heavy a bigger battery is almost necassary to level the central gravity.
My next purchase is the micro heli swash because i thought it drastically tightened up the head??
im not really concerned about seperation.
Travis02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If I had to upgrade one item ?????

It would have to be the Pilot ... coz my one is useless !

Seriously I would upgrade to the MH swash as it does make a difference

One that is not an upgrade, its more of a MUST ... change over to the Extreme Blades, THEY ARE SUPERB, and they are cheaper to replace each time.

A last one would be to upgrade the servos to the DS76's as they re-centre better than the stock 75's.

"Someone said a long time ago there is a manufacturing difference from old style to new style that fixes the seperation issue!

That was me, I found out through HH UK that a changes had been made to prevent the "lip" from breaking though and past the bearing under load, but as with alot of other things ....there are so many old crocs that keep the old problems alive anybody coming in to the hobby now read all the stories, they automatically think that the problem is still rife and is still a very very common ... which is not the case .. but I guess you cant always convince the "Older " guys that something has been sorted

nbells
nbells is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkhero View Post
I was looking at the Microheli swashplate. Is that the one thing I should upgrade or is the stock fine?
D.LYON is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone post a pic of the 400 skids attached to the SR ?. I got a set for my SR the other day but dont know which direction they go on.
'26 Model T Dave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by '26 Model T Dave View Post
Can someone post a pic of the 400 skids attached to the SR ?. I got a set for my SR the other day but dont know which direction they go on.
Here's a vid with mine on. Check the sr mod sticky or the show us your sr thread. I think theres some pics with different ways. I put mine on so the skids were angled outwards pointing towards the front and back of the heli. I did have to drill a few holes to make them fit good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huE5PEsecYs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by '26 Model T Dave View Post
Here ya go, gives you an idea how much bigger they are than the stockers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Side.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	306343  
Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The TX. Upgrade to DX8. Tail wag gone!!!!
conejo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the scale look of the superskids 200 with the longer skids - might be a special order now tho, I don't see it on their page but I bet they would still sell it.

Jumna is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which Xtreme Blades? The 210?
MESummersII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESummersII View Post
Which Xtreme Blades? The 210?
Here are the ones i use

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-Flite-Blad...item43ae2f6b20
Old 04-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefKopter View Post
Ok, so new guy question alert. Are these, or other blades, an upgrade to the heli performance that will actually make learning more difficult or will they fly better for an inexperienced pilot as well?

Also, as things break I will most likely toss in cnc/alum parts just because they seem a bit tougher. MicroHeli seems to be the most popular but are there brands I should stay clear of for SR parts? I'm ok spending a couple extra bucks but not if it won't actually be an upgrade over the stock plastic parts.
MESummersII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESummersII View Post
Ok, so new guy question alert. Are these, or other blades, an upgrade to the heli performance that will actually make learning more difficult or will they fly better for an inexperienced pilot as well?

Also, as things break I will most likely toss in cnc/alum parts just because they seem a bit tougher. MicroHeli seems to be the most popular but are there brands I should stay clear of for SR parts? I'm ok spending a couple extra bucks but not if it won't actually be an upgrade over the stock plastic parts.
The blades will most likely help your wallet.. or the carbon fiber ones if u stay over grass and use throttle cut... the wood broke every crash for me. Those particular xtreme blades make my SR more responsive which is how i like it.. New pilots may like it more stable for hovering and the wooden stock blades are more stable than those xtreme. The problem i had with the SR as a newb was that i felt it didnt respond it would lean right and i would correct left (expecting a quicker response) but it responds so slow you find yourself over correcting back and fourth which results in newb panic you lower throttle stick (instead of cut switch) and smack! Now you need a boom, blades, gear, skids etc, and an alen wrench Get the the xtreme blades so they wont break, and if you find it is too sensitive (which i doubt u will) just move the weights on the fly bar all the way out if they're not already......

As for upgrading your parts... I would hold off for the wifes sake. Put your money into that new dx6i ... I dont have any upgrades on mine except some blade 400 skids which make landing not that scary anymore.... Ive read that the swash plate is the most necessary upgrade because the stock one can separate (check glue swash thread)... Ive also seen a lot of posts of people having problems with some aluminum parts, but this is the place ppl post their problems for answers so thats expected. Still, I would wait until the 3rd or 4th time you have to replace a particular part to upgrade it honestly because the aluminum's a lil more $ and can still bend and break. Plus some parts being plastic like blade grips allow them to take the brunt of the "break", the upgrades have no give and could cause more damage in a crash.

Anyways get the blades... stay away from the wooden, all they did was almost cause me to quit, and get some simulator time if at all possible- if no sim, get a mcpx. When the wife asks how much it was... Use the 50% rule.. Tell her what it costs retail but that you picked it up on eBay for about 50% less than whatever you actually paid.. Most importantly keep reading and asking questions on this site. Tons of info, videos, tips that are invaluable as you progress...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in