Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default so im totally scared to move the tierods out to the "Performance" Studs.

So i got this thing last friday night.

Ive gotten to the point that i can hover it all around my home, and office w/o crashing.

I can hover well, dart around, and keep a slow yet constant foward or sideways pace.

I have not, however, mastered FFF outside.

i think its a combo of me thumbing the controls like a neanderthal and using the RTR Tx,

I get all squirly, lean and slightly turn to the right when i go balls out nose in. in a big feild w/ ample room i can save it.

But "Control" isnt the word i use fot Bob's FFF lol

ive been debating moving the links out to the performance ball studs, but just dont think im ready yet.

what do you guys think? and what would you suggest i do for practice?
BEELZEBOB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still can't figure out how to get them moved. Do they need to stay in the "spacer" bracket attached to the main shaft or do they simply go on with no other adjustments?

I'm noticing being outside just a few minutes ago you definently have to keep on guard about wind currents and even the speed of the mSR makes mine lean in a certain direction that if you don't correct, will toilet bowl into the ground. Hell, even going from the shadows to the light seems to make it behave different

Freezebyte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

lol looks like you took the wrong ones off

see the collar below the flybar? the lowest connecting point for the tie rods above the swash?

then you see the 2 longer ball studs your rods are NOT connected to?

that be them. being further out from the shaft, apparently give you more aggressice lean control.

please excuse my diction, being ive been at this Heli thing for a few days lol
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezebyte View Post
I still can't figure out how to get them moved. Do they need to stay in the "spacer" bracket attached to the main shaft or do they simply go on with no other adjustments?
Yes, keep the links in the "spacer" bracket (called the Anti-Rotation Collar). Rotate the upper squash piece so the longer balls line up to the links and reattach.

Just looked at your picture. You removed the wrong links. Remove the links below the ones you have removed in the picture.
ZaphyB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphyB View Post
Yes, keep the links in the "spacer" bracket (called the Anti-Rotation Collar). Rotate the upper squash piece so the longer balls line up to the links and reattach.

HELP MEEEEE DUDE!!!!!! lol
Old 09-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphyB View Post

Just looked at your picture. You removed the wrong links. Remove the links below the ones you have removed in the picture.
Uh, thats the stock setup from the box, I haven't moved anything yet in that photo, I just wanted some visual reference in regards in what to do
Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezebyte View Post
Uh, thats the stock setup from the box, I haven't moved anything yet in that photo, I just wanted some visual reference in regards in what to do
If that's the stock setup, you're in trouble. You are missing the main blades.

The angle of the picture makes it look as if one of the hanging links (which go to the main blades) is connected to the performance stud, which is why I said you removed the wrong ones.

Remove the end of the link that is currently attached to the non-performance ball stud. Keep the link within the Anti Rotation Collar "fingers". Spin the top part of the squash so the performance ball stud lines up with the link and reattach.
ZaphyB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

so im gonna get as familiar and confident with FFF in this set up as i possibly can.

then move the links out and re master.

then get the cusker mod.

i think that is a good progression lol
Old 09-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's really not that much faster when you move them out. Go ahead you will be fine.

I had to put -75 EXPO to get it where I wanted it. It's faster, but still not like a T-500.

Craig
Ozz58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
So i got this thing last friday night.

Ive gotten to the point that i can hover it all around my home, and office w/o crashing.

I can hover well, dart around, and keep a slow yet constant foward or sideways pace.

I have not, however, mastered FFF outside.

i think its a combo of me thumbing the controls like a neanderthal and using the RTR Tx,

I get all squirly, lean and slightly turn to the right when i go balls out nose in. in a big feild w/ ample room i can save it.

But "Control" isnt the word i use fot Bob's FFF lol

ive been debating moving the links out to the performance ball studs, but just dont think im ready yet.

what do you guys think? and what would you suggest i do for practice?
yea having a programable TX makes the msr really come alive, i had mine on the regular balls for a while with alot of negative expo, i moved them out to the performance balls and raised the expo quite a bit and viola!...perfect combination of stability and manuverabilty...i felt more connected to the heli with the balls out on the longer studs, but thats prob just because im used to the way a cp bird flies...
Blade~400~er is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i suggest moving to the longer balls. i was a little hesitant at first as well, but i think it is a little easier to control. you don't have to fight it as much to move it around. it feels a little smoother.
Skyhook42 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You'll be just fine on the longer balls. They only really effect the cyclic from side to side, but if you ever fly it outside, I think you'd definitely HAVE to have the 'Performance' setup. I ended up putting mine out there before I put a battery in it. I know I would have lost it in the 10-20 mph wind gusts I flew it in. The LHS guy told me as I walked out the door "Oh yeah, the demo you were flying was on the longer swash balls"

One thing about forward flight, its just like flying a plane! Once the mSR is in forward flight, it takes VERY little power to maintain it I've noticed. Just remember, once you stop, unless you add some power, its going to fall like a rock. Give it a go, take it outside in the grass. I'm nowhere near a proficient flyer, but I've really gotten good flying the mSR around.
briangp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have trouble keeping mine in a straight line outside giving it forward flight, it keeps wanting to lean and then bank into a toilet bowl flush. I dunno if its because im on the stock tie rods or the wind is nocking me off course or what. It's fustrating cause I just want the thing to go straight and it just refuses to most of the time, it keeps banking
Old 09-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've never had mine toilet bowl.... thats an mCX thing of the past for me. Def throw yours on the outside balls. I can't imagine flying it in the wind without. Its definitely a PITA.... If you're in any gusts at all, keep it wing down into the wind or you're gonna play hell getting it back.

edit: Thinking about your TBE issue, check your flybar for binding. I can't imagine it toilet bowling.
briangp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2009, 08:28 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

im really liking flying outside.

it does bank a lil to the right when you crank that bad boy forward all the way, but i find it pretty easy to compensate for it with a slight right cyclic imput

I cannot yet keep it balanced inn FFF for like more than 25 yards before i have to bring it up to balance and regain control of the heli.

also i did a few FFF big banking circles last night. you can bank and maintain the circle w/ the rudder, but to get OUT you gott use the cyclic a lil bit.

REALLY freaked me out the first time when i seemed "stuck" in a tight circle of death lol

I may just have to move the balls out tonight and see how she feels.

just remember my FP skills are a meger 6 days in the making lol
Old 09-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just do it.

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did it!!

and it rules!! lol i must say it seems to react a good deal dfaster to any slight imput.

i will just need to get used to faster counter imputs, but other than that, its not as big of a deal as i though it would be lol

thats the hardest part for learning to fly this thing.

Giving say left cyclic imput, countering it with right cyclic, then countering the counter with lesser left imput?

it really is a balancing act aint it?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just moved mine last night, nearly breaking the rod holders in the process. Haven't tried it yet, just got 2x of the eflite 150mAh batteries to test
Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Moving to the long links makes it more responsive, for sure, but it also makes it behave a little more like a collective pitch helicopter with respect to aileron and elevator. Take your time, bro... you'll get it. Once the lightbulb goes off, you'll have more fun with this little helicopter than you can imagine. You'll be doing crazy stuff in no time!

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in