Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob is perfectly right !
With this gyro, If your heli drifts in rate mode you MUST ONLY adjust the rod lenght, and never use any trim.
Hope this helps.
dado099 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

I returned the logictech gyro back. I'm having great luck with xmhobbies g401b. I think my logictech 2100t worked better when i first got it, calibration probably ruin the gyro i did like 5 time. But my other logictech 6100t is working well on my raptor 30 but i sold the heli and will put it in a trex 600.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want to use the Logictech 2100T in my Funcopter. Because the 2100T is actually the same (?) as the Hitec, should I consider the:
- HSG-5084MG, or the
- HSG-5083MG (provided in the Hitec-combo)
as tailservo?????

Thank's for helping me out

b.t.w. I've read somewhere that there might be some firmware differences between the Hitec and Logictech; is this relevant?
ZamBeZi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Bob
This is the gyro that is on the trex 500 i was telling u about. I am going to fly it with this then try the 770 that is currently on the 400. It has the 9257 on the tail. Which one do you think will b best for this byrd?
Dan Kennedy
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #225 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Tough call really... If you like a fast piro rate you wont get it with the Hitec gyro but you can get a super fast piro rate on the 770! Just remember YOU MUST use Expo on the 770 gyro as it has none built in! Seriously, start with like 70% expo on rudder!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wanted to get the official updated manual from Hitec. They don't have this available for download on their website which is pretty sorry. I got this via email from one of their technical guys in February 2011. Two pdf files.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HG-5000 Manual v4+.pdf (180.3 KB, 763 views)
File Type: pdf HG5000.HSG5083 Guide.rev1.3.pdf (11.9 KB, 983 views)
jhall2242 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

So if I'm using a dx6i with the hg5000/5083 combo I need to set my gyro gains to 18%-rate and 82%-HH to achieve 32%-rate and 32%-HH as described in the videos? Just a little help here please, I'm a bit confused...

Edit: figured it out after digging around through some threads. I need it set to 66%hh and 34% rate to achieve 32%hh and 32%rate. Silly dx6i gyro settings had me all screwed up!

Last edited by highrpm666; 03-21-2011 at 06:16 PM..
highrpm666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall2242 View Post
I wanted to get the official updated manual from Hitec. They don't have this available for download on their website which is pretty sorry. I got this via email from one of their technical guys in February 2011. Two pdf files.
Thanks alot for posting this, very helpful. Hitec should hav it on their site for sure.

also, thanks for the video(s) BOB

Im still working on getting this darn thing setup with my RDS8000 TX and this has been a great thread
KrazyKoots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RDS8000

As posted many pages ago in this thread. The Airtronics RDS8000 TX has Revo. Mixing turned on as the default setting you will not be able to get this gyro setup up unless you turn it off! After finding that out this gyro was a breeze to setup and it works quite well. I was coming from a Futaba GY240 and this gyro is a whole different ball game. From the GY240, the piro rate on this one is Insane! I could not imagine needing a gyro to spin any faster than this. It holds well. My stops to the left are not as "crisp" as the ones to the right but other than that its awsome. If i figure out what is causing that i will let you all know.
KrazyKoots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,
I have the combo HG-5000 + 5083MG servo mounted in a Mini Titan helicopter. It has never worked very well, but now is worse and it seems that it does not respond to the transmiter. If I try to change servo rotation, for instance, I do like it is stated in the manual by moving the rudder stick, but nothing happens. It is the same for the rest of the functions. I am only able to adjust the gain from the transmiter.
I have already tried to recalibrate and it does but nothing happens, it works the same way.
Is there a way to do a complete reset of the gyro, or the gyro is faulty?
Thanks
Jordi
jordisr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #231 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I cant find it right now but search here and there is instructions for doing a "factory reset". That might help you.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #232 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I cant find it right now but search here and there is instructions for doing a "factory reset". That might help you.

Bob
Quote:
Try doing the RESET of the gyro as described here:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=103962

THis is for the Logictech but my understanding its the same process for the Hitech too.

Bob
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=103962
Old 07-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bob O.

I have reviewd the videos about how to set up the gyro and I think that my problem can be where I had the gyro positioned in the lower part of the frame of the Mini Titan. I have just tried to put on the top and it seems it works much better. In any case I will put in this way and I will test next wekend.

Jordi
jordisr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hitec hg-5000

Quote:
OK folks...

As part of building the BeamE4 I needed a gyro. I was at my local hobby shop (Rob's RC Hobbies) and while they they asked me if I ever did anything on Hitech's new gyro the HG-5000. I told them no but wanted to. They decided to sponsor a video on setup of this gyro right then and there and I didn't even ask! Very cool

Rob and Michelle are great people so of course I accepted EASILY. Thanks you guys!

So with that here we go... I am using this on my BeamE4 so it is using that heli for setup. Should be the same as many other 450 helis.

OK so lets get on with it. If you don't mind how about watching a little FUN and see my local hobby shop and say hello!
VIDEO LINK -> Visit to my Local Hobby Shop (12 Megs)

On with the setup vids!

VIDEO LINK -> Hitech Servo Install (27 Megs)

VIDEO LINK -> Steps 1-3 Radio type, Servo Type and Rotate Rate settings (33 Megs)

VIDEO LINK -> Steps 4&5 Servo Setup and Gyro Direction settings (40 Megs)

VIDEO LINK -> Step 6 Servo Limit Settings (24 Megs)

VIDEO LINK -> Step 7 Setting up RATE mode and final setup (34 Megs)

OK that will finish the setup stuff. I will do flight testing this weekend along with the BeamE4 flight report. I will share final setting and how I liked the gyro.

Enjoy!
Bob
I would like to know how to reset this gyro so i can start over ? I cannot get full throw and my servo horn is set to 15mm . I'm using x9503 it will only adjust fully over to the right not the left so it keeps bouncing the tail not stopping it . So if you know a way to reset that would great.

Thank you,Smuck
smuck702 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #235 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuck702 View Post
I would like to know how to reset this gyro so i can start over ? I cannot get full throw and my servo horn is set to 15mm . I'm using x9503 it will only adjust fully over to the right not the left so it keeps bouncing the tail not stopping it . So if you know a way to reset that would great.

Thank you,Smuck
See post #232?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hg-5000

Quote:

Bob
Thank you, I'm closer than i was before still bouncing just a little, might need to tighten up some slop in my tail.
smuck702 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got a used one from a friend, and have watched all the vid's, still working on setting it up, My factory 4503d 210 Gyro just wasnt cutting it anymore.

I'll have to admit, the setup looks quite difficult
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, everything is setup and finalized, but i am curious about one more thing...

Im mounting the gyro above the boom mount area like normal, I Am curious on which direction to face the gyro and it's wires. If the wires come out the side and the the words are readable while the tail is facing me is that correct?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need help, this thing sucks ass. in rate mode, it either drifts slightly to the left, or to the right after adjusting the linkage to the slider 1 turn fore/aft.... so of course it's not going to hold in Heading hold mode. I've tried 10 times. watched the videos over and over. Everyhing is as it should be, this gyro is a flop. I've even done the "flashing light" calibration (5mins) and it still drifts.. making it very uncomfortable to fly this rig. meh......
Old 04-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 of these gyros.It does not need to be perfect in rate just as close as you can get it.Once you get it set in rate as close as possible switch to HH and go fly

oh and as for which way the gyro faces it does not matter as long as its perpendicular to the main shaft.the wires can face whichever way you need them for the best installation
TEAM KBDD
fenderstrat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in